Windows 10: FILE EXPLORER - Move vs. Copy

Discus and support FILE EXPLORER - Move vs. Copy in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello. I can't figure out why when I drag and drop files to different folders in File Explorer there are times it 'moves' versus 'copies'. I can't tell... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Antoinette A. - Brooklyn, May 10, 2022.

1. FILE EXPLORER - Move vs. Copy

Hello. I can't figure out why when I drag and drop files to different folders in File Explorer there are times it 'moves' versus 'copies'. I can't tell what I'm doing differently. Thanks.

:)

Antoinette A. - Brooklyn, May 10, 2022
  2. temp02 Win User

Java.nio.file - Copying files

You can't copy a folder, thats why it generates an exception (you are trying to copy a folder using a copy file function).
    You probably need to list all the files inside that folder and copy one by one

temp02, May 10, 2022
  3. Wozzer Win User
    Java.nio.file - Copying files

Issue was the above, so thanks temp02.

Wozzer, May 10, 2022
  4. KomouPoji Win User

FILE EXPLORER - Move vs. Copy

how to copy files from the CD to the Computer drive

Hi Hankriegler,

I would suggest you to follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X.

• Click file explorer from the list.

• Select the CD/DVD drive and hit Enter.

• Select the files you want to copy from the CD/DVD, then select the drive where you want to paste or save.
    I hope the information is helpful.

Thank you.

KomouPoji, May 10, 2022
Thema:

FILE EXPLORER - Move vs. Copy

1. FILE EXPLORER - Move vs. Copy - Similar Threads - FILE EXPLORER Move

2. Explorer freezes when moving or copying files.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Explorer freezes when moving or copying files.: I am trying to clean up my computer and whenever I try to copy or move any elements from one directory to another it suddenly gets stuck after a couple of files or even at the very beginning. Just like so:This makes me unable to organize any of my folders on my computer. I...
  3. Explorer freezes when moving or copying files.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Explorer freezes when moving or copying files.: I am trying to clean up my computer and whenever I try to copy or move any elements from one directory to another it suddenly gets stuck after a couple of files or even at the very beginning. Just like so:This makes me unable to organize any of my folders on my computer. I...
  4. Explorer freezes when moving or copying files.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. FILE EXPLORER - Move vs. Copy

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FILE EXPLORER - Move vs. Copy: Hello. I can't figure out why when I drag and drop files to different folders in File Explorer there are times it 'moves' versus 'copies'. I can't tell what I'm doing differently. Thanks....
  6. FILE EXPLORER - Move vs. Copy

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    FILE EXPLORER - Move vs. Copy: Hello. I can't figure out why when I drag and drop files to different folders in File Explorer there are times it 'moves' versus 'copies'. I can't tell what I'm doing differently. Thanks....
  7. Can't copy/move files using File Explorer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't copy/move files using File Explorer: Hi guys, I recently build a new pc and installed Windows Pro on it. Everything is working pretty well, except for 1 thing: I can't move/copy files... Whenever I try to do this screen flickers black for less than a second, and file explorer shuts down without moving or...
  8. Explorer copy move fail

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Explorer copy move fail: So I have an odd issue that's been going on since I installed win10. When using explorer, I am not able to move or copy files from one directory to another. At first I thought permissions were messed up or a file issue so I ran sfc and it found no issues. It wasn't a huge...
  9. how copy/move files on WPS Writer to File Explorer

how copy/move files on WPS Writer to File Explorer: how can I copy files from the WPS Writer docx or pdf files Office Suite a free alternative to ms office to File Explorer, My Documents in Windows, or a flash drive? I must return defective laptop with these files and dont know how to access them from WPS Writer...
  10. Network File Copies and Moves Crash File Explorer

Network File Copies and Moves Crash File Explorer: Everytime I try to move or copy any files from a mapped network share, it crashes out the file explorer. Anyone have any ideas on what can be causing this? The OS is Windows 10 Pro, the network share is on a Synology NAS box. Thank you 70147