Windows 10: File Explorer & My Libraries SSD/HDD

Discus and support File Explorer & My Libraries SSD/HDD in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I thought I had it right but now have 2 different locations for library folders and This PC (D:\ HDD). Both folders are showing D:\ storage drive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by murrayotl, May 10, 2016.

1. murrayotl Win User

File Explorer & My Libraries SSD/HDD

Hi,
    I thought I had it right but now have 2 different locations for library folders and This PC (D:\ HDD). Both folders are showing D:\ storage drive but up in File Explorer but have different paths.
    One set was done through Settings > System > Storage
    The other was done by change in the location tab from C:\ to D:\
    This PC folders are D:\Users\Name
    My Library folders are D:\Name
    Is this right? Or should all folders be D:\Users\Name?
    Also should Apps in Settings > System > Storage be saved to This PC (C*Smile or Changed to This PC (D*Smile

Thank You Going Crazy, John

:)

murrayotl, May 10, 2016
  2. DaveM121 Win User

added a solid state hard drive,

Hi josh,

You can do some of the, but you will have a bit of work to do . . .

First, you cannot link your old programs on the old hard drive and have them run under Windows 10 on the new drive, they will require re-installing. When a program is installed it installs files in numerous locations and also registry keys into the Windows
    Registry

You can have all your user libraries, files and folders over on the HDD

Open Windows file Explorer

In Quick Access, right click the Documents Library

Choose the Location Tab then in the Location Box type the location on the HDD you want your Documents folder to be and apply

Please Note: do not just Enter D: you must Specify a folder like D:\Users\Documents

Otherwise your files will end up all over the HDD

Do this for each of the user library folders to move them from the SSD to the HDD

My Advice would be not to move the Desktop Library Folder

Then when the new folder structure had been created on the HDD, move everything from the old Users folder into the new folder structure

DaveM121, May 10, 2016
  3. HDD not showing in file explorer.

I have just built a new PC with an SSD and an HDD. I put Windows 10 Home on my SSD. My HDD isn't showing in the file explorer, and I checked disk management but it never made me format it or anything. I'm stuck, and I need help.

moistnapkin, May 10, 2016
  4. swarfega Win User

That is what I do after a new install. I go to the location tab and set a new location on a second storage device.

Could you provide a screenshot showing the duplicates in File Explorer.

swarfega, May 10, 2016
  5. murrayotl Win User
    File Explorer & My Libraries SSD/HDD [​IMG]

Here's File Explorer. I followed instructions to move folders from C: to D: and created new D:\Name\Folders
    Also used Win 10 Settings>System > Storage to change folders there to D: those folders are D:\Users\Name
    There also is a OneDrive folder
    Should folders all be one location?
    I didn't move Apps to D:\
    Thank You,
    John

murrayotl, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. File Explorer & My Libraries SSD/HDD - Similar Threads - File Explorer Libraries

2. File explorer runtime library error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File explorer runtime library error: The fileWhen I open file explorer from the taskbar like one or two times, this message appears and after I click on it the program restarts.It also appears after I rightclick on a file on the app.*** Moved from Spanish Forum ***...
  3. File explorer runtime library error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File explorer runtime library error: The fileWhen I open file explorer from the taskbar like one or two times, this message appears and after I click on it the program restarts.It also appears after I rightclick on a file on the app.*** Moved from Spanish Forum ***...
  4. "Libraries" not showing in "This PC" in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Libraries" not showing in "This PC" in File Explorer: I'm on Windows 11 Beta Build 22621.290 with the new File Explorer tabs and when I booted up my computer and opened file explorer it had looked like this instead of how it's SUPPOSED to look on the right. I cannot find anything online about this and it's bugging me since I...
  5. "Libraries" not showing in "This PC" in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Libraries" not showing in "This PC" in File Explorer: I'm on Windows 11 Beta Build 22621.290 with the new File Explorer tabs and when I booted up my computer and opened file explorer it had looked like this instead of how it's SUPPOSED to look on the right. I cannot find anything online about this and it's bugging me since I...
  6. My SSD and my HDD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My SSD and my HDD: I have 2 drives one labeled C: and D: . The C: says its a SSD and the D: is a HDD. I'm currently on the C drive. The computer was used. The C keeps running out of memory which is the SSD. So is there a way I can install Windows 10 on the Drive? Thanks for Help. Image Below...
  7. My HDD and SSD are detected but not functional. They can't be accessed in the file explorer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My HDD and SSD are detected but not functional. They can't be accessed in the file explorer: My recently had problems which, I think, stemmed from my internal hard drive being corrupted. So I reset my PC by doing a custom windows installation. It now works, but now my HDD cannot be detected. Additionally, I bought a new SSD but that also cannot be detected. The...
  8. Windows File explorer slow on HDD but fast on SSD.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows File explorer slow on HDD but fast on SSD.: My Acer Aspire 5 i5. 8GB DDR4 RAM, 256GB SSD C:+1TB HDD D:+E:, Windows 10 had become laggy and unresponsive a few days back. I restarted normally and on startup it went into scanning and repair and was stuck for nearly 5 days. It fixed only my D: HDD but I lost all my data...
  9. REMOVING LIBRARIES IN FILE EXPLORER

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    REMOVING LIBRARIES IN FILE EXPLORER: Could someone please tell me how to edit the appearance of my file explorer to only show what I want it to show in the Navigation Pane? [ATTACH] I want to remove the Music / Video / Pictures / 3D Objects so that it quits cluttering up my view. I DO NOT want to have to use...
  10. File Explorer Library Simbolic Links

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer Library Simbolic Links: Because my C:\ main disk is a limited SSD (120 Gb), I use a secondary, larger HDD to store all other files. I changed the Target Location of the main links (Documents, Downloads, Music, Pictures, Videos) in File Explorer to the secondary HDD to avoid writing to the main SSD...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cleaned my ssd now i dont have file explorer

2. the file explorer downt show me my hdd