Windows 10: File Explorer Navigation Menu Icons

Discus and support File Explorer Navigation Menu Icons in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am totally baffled, new install upgrade from Win7 and I cannot understand why the folder icons are kind of incomplete - anyone any ideas ??? 22884 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by cr355, Sep 16, 2015.

1. cr355 Win User

File Explorer Navigation Menu Icons

I am totally baffled, new install upgrade from Win7 and I cannot understand why the folder icons are kind of incomplete - anyone any ideas ???

:)

cr355, Sep 16, 2015

2. HTC s710

Hi Adrian,

Where are the blank icons located? If they are in Start > Programs, open File Explorer and navigate to \Windows\Start Menu\Programs. Select and delete the icons.

Linley Meslier, Sep 16, 2015
  3. New Applications did not save to my games folder...

Assuming the icon is in the Start menu, open File Explorer and navigate to \Windows\Start Menu\Programs. Tap and hold on the icon and select Cut from the context menu and go to \Programs\Games folder and paste the icon there.

Pocket PC Mauritius omnia i900 avnya henriett

Linley Meslier, Sep 16, 2015
  4. Ztruker Win User

Check to see if you somehow got into Tablet Mode.

Settings, System, Tablet Mode.

Ztruker, Sep 16, 2015
  5. cr355 Win User
    Hi and thanks for the reply, no it is switched off I'm afraid - though I had a quick fix there ! I wonder if Windows 10 has inherited theme settings from Windows 7 ? surely it isn't that dumb . . . .

cr355, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. File Explorer Navigation Menu Icons - Similar Threads - File Explorer Navigation

2. some of the folders in the navigation pane of file explorer not show an icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    some of the folders in the navigation pane of file explorer not show an icon: some of the folders in the navigation pane of file explorer not show an icon https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/some-of-the-folders-in-the-navigation-pane-of-file/e8b967c0-66c1-4450-9da9-d44426e6e2e5
  3. some of the folders in the navigation pane of file explorer not show an icon

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    some of the folders in the navigation pane of file explorer not show an icon: some of the folders in the navigation pane of file explorer not show an icon https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/some-of-the-folders-in-the-navigation-pane-of-file/e8b967c0-66c1-4450-9da9-d44426e6e2e5
  4. FILE EXPLORER NAVIGATION ERROR

in Windows 10 Customization
    FILE EXPLORER NAVIGATION ERROR: Please see the navigation view it shows different see the file, edit, view and tools and things below, please help in this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-navigation-error/323c7206-f6a9-45d7-afd5-559e899d0372
  5. Removing icons from File Explorer navigation pane

Removing icons from File Explorer navigation pane: Hi. I have some items in the navigation pane of Win10 file explorer that I can't seem to get rid of. They point to nothing. When I right click them I have no option to delete. Here is a screen shot of what happens when I try to open one. Can anyone help me get rid of...
  6. File explorer navigation

in Windows 10 Support
    File explorer navigation: Hi, Id just like some feedback from other users on how you close File Explorer down when you've finished using it. When you have finished accessing a file or folder in File Explorer when you close it you'll see that the file is still selected (highlighted in blue). At that...
  7. Changing size of icons/text of the Navigation Pane in File explorer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Changing size of icons/text of the Navigation Pane in File explorer: Hello, I know it is possible to change the size of fonts in windows, but I only want to change the size of the Navigation Pane in Windows File Explorer. The icons as well. I couldn't find a clear answer to this. Anyone? submitted by /u/TheyTukMyJub [link] [comments]...
  8. File Explorer Navigation Pane Icons have changed

File Explorer Navigation Pane Icons have changed: Hello. First time participating here. I asked this question a while ago on the HP community and the Ten Forums. Although suggestions were offered, the problem persists. I cannot give an exact date, but at some point my File Explorer Navigation Pane Icons changed from the...
  9. File Explorer Navigation Pane Default Icons Have Changed

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer Navigation Pane Default Icons Have Changed: Hello! First time posting here. I asked this question about a week ago on the HP community, and although a suggestion was offered, the problem persists. I cannot give an exact date, but at some point my File Explorer Navigation Pane Icons changed from the default: [img]...
  10. Navigation pane icons are displayed badly in file explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Navigation pane icons are displayed badly in file explorer: last week I upgraded to windows 10. All seems fine and works except that I have a display problem in file explorer The icons on the navigation pane (left) seem to have a white box superimposed on them. Changing an icon does not help just shows the new icon with the white box...