Windows 10: File Explorer Navigation Pane. Uncontrollable scrolling.

Discus and support File Explorer Navigation Pane. Uncontrollable scrolling. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When I move my cursor into the Navigation Pane of File Explorer, the scroll bar immediately and unstoppably starts scrolling to the top, here it stops.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JudyHultgren, Apr 26, 2019.

1. File Explorer Navigation Pane. Uncontrollable scrolling.

When I move my cursor into the Navigation Pane of File Explorer, the scroll bar immediately and unstoppably starts scrolling to the top, here it stops. Any attempt to move it downwards or use the scrolling function on my mouse is thwarted by the bar immediately scrolling back to the top. The details pane works as normal.

A similar effect occurs in the Favourites List in Edge and in my spread sheets (Open Office's Excel compatible programme).

Can anyone help, please?

:)

JudyHultgren, Apr 26, 2019

2. Scroll Speed of Navigation Pane in File Explorer

I've set that setting to 3, but the navigation pane only scrolls one line per wheel step. All other applications and even the other panes of the Windows Explorer scroll by the correct amount.

It's very annoying that this explorer behaviour is different between Windows 7 and 10, as there's no obvious justification for that change. And if there is some actual reason (rather than some intern thinking it would be fun to hardcode his own preference
    into the Windows codebase), the ratio between normal scrolling and this "Special Explorer Navigation Pane Scrolling Speed" should be configurable somewhere.

Jérôme Vuarand, Apr 26, 2019
  3. Bree Win User
    How to get horiz scrolling in Navigation Pane in Win 10 Explorer

Welcome to TenForums @linuxgarou

One suggestion would be to hover the mouse over the dividing line between the navigation pane and the list of files (it's the right-hand edge of the navigation pane's vertical scroll bar). When the pointer becomes a double-headed arrow you can click-and-drag to make the navigation pane wider.

I have mine set to about twice the width of the one in your screenshot.

Edit: and so apparently does Ztrucker in the following post.

4. File Explorer Navigation Pane. Uncontrollable scrolling.

Scroll Speed of Navigation Pane in File Explorer

I noticed after upgrading to Windows 10, Navigation Pane (Folder Tree) in File Explorer now scrolls less lines (folders) per scroll instead of whatever my scroll settings is. To be exact, it's number of lines in settings divided by 3.

My settings is 3 lines/scroll and thus scrolling on Navigation Pane only moves 1 folder/scroll.

It makes navigating folders much slower than it should be. Is there a way to revert it back to previous behavior?

Edho Arief, Apr 26, 2019
Thema:

File Explorer Navigation Pane. Uncontrollable scrolling.

1. File Explorer Navigation Pane. Uncontrollable scrolling. - Similar Threads - File Explorer Navigation

2. File Explorer navigation pane scrolls to top uncontrollably when pointer hovers over

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer navigation pane scrolls to top uncontrollably when pointer hovers over: Windows 10, fully updated today. 22H2In file explorer, if I hover over the navigation pane, it scrolls up to the top, meaning I cannot select the folder I need. It will stop when pressing CTRL but this behaviour is now a real pane. sic I have searched fora and support, trying...
  3. File Explorer navigation pane scrolls to top uncontrollably when pointer hovers over

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer navigation pane scrolls to top uncontrollably when pointer hovers over: Windows 10, fully updated today. 22H2In file explorer, if I hover over the navigation pane, it scrolls up to the top, meaning I cannot select the folder I need. It will stop when pressing CTRL but this behaviour is now a real pane. sic I have searched fora and support, trying...
  4. File Explorer navigation pane scrolls to top uncontrollably when pointer hovers over

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Scrolling or using the keyboard in the Windows Explorer navigation pane?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Scrolling or using the keyboard in the Windows Explorer navigation pane?: Hi!I don't like using the navigation pane in windows explorer because I can't browse as I normally would. I can't use the keyboard and the scroll wheel doesn't work, forcing me to click the narrow scrollbar and drag it as I search and then click the item I need manually.Is...
  6. Scrolling or using the keyboard in the Windows Explorer navigation pane?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Scrolling or using the keyboard in the Windows Explorer navigation pane?: Hi!I don't like using the navigation pane in windows explorer because I can't browse as I normally would. I can't use the keyboard and the scroll wheel doesn't work, forcing me to click the narrow scrollbar and drag it as I search and then click the item I need manually.Is...
  7. Dynamic Navigation Pane File Explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dynamic Navigation Pane File Explorer: Hey guys, I hope everyone is doing well! Quick question, does anyone know how to or rather if there even is a way, to be able to set the navigation pane in File Explorer to dynamically minimize and maximise on mouse hover? I have pined the option to show and hide navigation...
  8. Windows explorer - How to disable navigation pane auto scroll

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows explorer - How to disable navigation pane auto scroll: Hi, The issue I'm facing in my work laptop (Windows 10) and in personal laptop (Windows 8.1 update1). Due to restriction, I'm using screenshot from my personal laptop; but the issue is exactly same. This seems to be windows explorer bug, was present in Win 7, then in 8 and...
  9. Expand File Explorer Navigation Pane

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Expand File Explorer Navigation Pane: Now and then I want to view the full folder tree in Navigation Pane of File Explorer. There are some options to keep the folder tree open, but most of the time they are a pain in the butt. When I do want the tree visible, I have to go to the root disk and open each parent...
  10. Ions changed in Navigation pane but not in File explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Ions changed in Navigation pane but not in File explorer: Ok so weird... YES I'M GONNA REBOOT but check this out... look at the icons if you look at my pc through the Homegroup....weird. Attachment 128650 hi there i have this problem too i run Windows 10 1709 Fall update.the icons change in Navigation pane but not in File...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. preview panel not scrolling

2. side menu file explorer windows 10 scrolling

3. windows 10 uncontrollable scrolling

4. uncontrollable scrolling,
  5. uncontrolled scrolling in windows,
  6. outlook Navigation Pane. Uncontrollable scrolling.,
  7. exploer search bar scrolling uncontolable,
  8. file explorere navigation pane scroll control