Windows 10: File Explorer - Need assistance opening a file with an odd icon

Discus and support File Explorer - Need assistance opening a file with an odd icon in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My file has a clock icon with an incomplete circle ending in an arrow surrounding it. Any suggestions on how to upload or open it?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Vic_356, May 18, 2021.

1. Vic_356 Win User

File Explorer - Need assistance opening a file with an odd icon

My file has a clock icon with an incomplete circle ending in an arrow surrounding it. Any suggestions on how to upload or open it?

:)

Vic_356, May 18, 2021

2. file explorer and desktop icons wont open

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. Don’t worry. We will assist to resolve this issue.

We got reports/feedback that we are seeing some issues where the desktop icons is non-responsive. Please try the following steps and check if it resolves the file explorer and desktop icon issue:

• Open the Task manager. Here’s a tip: Press CTRL+Shift+ESC.
    • Click File > Run New Task.
    • Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges
    • Type PowerShell.
    • Type the following in the PowerShell prompt:

$manifest = (Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.WindowsStore).InstallLocation + '\AppxManifest.xml' ; Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $manifest
    • Close the PowerShell window.
    • Reboot.

If the issue persists, I suggest you to follow the suggestion given by DrTarr1962 on the below mentioned thread and check if it helps:

Windows 10 file explorer crashes explorer.exe

Let us know if it helps. For further assistance feel free to post your queries in Microsoft forums. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank You.

Sangeeta Sarkar, May 18, 2021
  3. File Explorer not showing Extra large icons

Hi,

The icons might be set to appear in medium or small icons. For you to get extra large icons, follow these steps:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Right-click in an empty space and navigate to View > Extra large icons.

Let us know how it goes so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, May 18, 2021
  4. Ketxxx Win User

opening .dds files with gimp

Simply, HOW? I got the DDS plugin but the POS wont open DDS files still. Can someone give me a step-by-step rundown of how to install the DDS plugin for gimp so I know if I'm missing something?

Ketxxx, May 18, 2021
Thema:

1. File Explorer - Need assistance opening a file with an odd icon - Similar Threads - File Explorer Need

2. Icons in file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icons in file explorer: Hello,I have a new desktop computer with Winows 11 22H2 with a 1/4 T SSD drive C: and a full T hard drive D:.I am confused by file and folder icons. What does the pinned icon mean?thanks,Mark...
  3. File Explorer Icons

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer Icons: I would like File Explorer, Windows 10, to have as few as possible folders come to the screen when I open it. Yet, it is creating extra file icons that belong inside the main set of folders. Pictures, documents, etc.Example: I created a folder for my documents that is in the...
  4. File Explorer Icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer Icons: I would like File Explorer, Windows 10, to have as few as possible folders come to the screen when I open it. Yet, it is creating extra file icons that belong inside the main set of folders. Pictures, documents, etc.Example: I created a folder for documents. I expect to find...
  5. File Explorer Icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer Icons: Is there a list of the Icons that appear on Win Expl and what they mean? Recently perhaps after the recent update I have been seeing little blue circles with small arrow heads on them and some other *very* small doo-dads than are on the First letter of the folder name. Also,...
  6. Opening Files in File Explorer

Opening Files in File Explorer: Tell me how to open files liked I used to be able to do by double-clicking on a file. Now when I double-click on a file, it simply opens in a preview on the right or highlights the filename as though I want to rename the file. P.S. Quit screwing around with File Explorer....
  7. Odd looking file icon

in Windows 10 Support
    Odd looking file icon: Anyone know what the 2 wee squares mean ? 161826
  8. File explorer icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    File explorer icons: When I open file explorer all the icons at the top move, copy etc have disappeared. How do I retrieve them? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-icons/a766195e-f517-448a-9d12-17ff0c790d6c
  9. File Explorer icon doesn't open

File Explorer icon doesn't open: I've noticed this morning. When I click on my File Explorer it opens in another taskbar tab with the My Computer icon. If I open music it opens in another taskbar with the Music icon. And so on. I would really appreciate your help. I don't know if it's my computer problem or...
  10. Opening File Explorer with large icon view

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Opening File Explorer with large icon view: It seems it takes longer then it should for windows to show the icon view, I know my system is older, but still it just seems to be slow. I get the green progress bar as the folders and files are refreshed. Isn't this cached? Any suggestions on how I can investigate this?...