Windows 10: File Explorer > Network

Discus and support File Explorer > Network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; - When I click on Network in File Explorer I don't see any of the computers attached to the network, including the one that I'm working on. I see all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JFH9071, Feb 17, 2019.

1. JFH9071 Win User

File Explorer > Network

- When I click on Network in File Explorer I don't see any of the computers attached to the network, including the one that I'm working on. I see all of the other devices, such as printers and fax machines. Is there a setting in File Explorer or elsewhere that hides the computers?

:)

JFH9071, Feb 17, 2019

2. Transferring files on network

Hi Bryan,

This could have happened due to advanced sharing settings. To resolve your issue, we suggest that follow the steps on this link:

Share files in File Explorer.

We suggest to follow the steps on this link to set up permission to share the file on a network or sharing files to another computer.

Let us know if you require further assistance.

Anthony Gal, Feb 17, 2019
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    Windows 7 File Sharing between computers, PROBLEMS!!

Just do a file transfer in explorer from one computer to the other and see what speed you get. I would suggest avoiding homegroup and using a proper network setup instead.

newtekie1, Feb 17, 2019
  4. Ralph Sta Win User

File Explorer > Network

File explorer icon from taskbar dissappears while working on it

Hi,

To assist you with your concern, we suggest you pin the File Explorer from the Start Menu by following these steps:

• Click the Start Menu.
    • Right-click File Explorer.
    • Choose Pin to taskbar.

If you need further assistance, feel free to reply to this post.

Ralph Sta, Feb 17, 2019
Thema:

File Explorer > Network

1. File Explorer > Network - Similar Threads - File Explorer Network

2. File explorer not showing network properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File explorer not showing network properly: I would like to start by stressing that my network is working perfectly. My problem is not a network problem, it is a File Explorer problem. I have a network with 4 NAS devices, a printer, a Dell desktop, and an MSI laptop, both running Win 11 Pro 22H2, all connected by...
  3. File Explorer Not Showing Network Properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer Not Showing Network Properly: I have two Win 11 Home 64 bit laptops and one Win 10 Home 64 bit laptop networked together. All my file and folder shares work and I am able to map all the drives I need on all machines. The Network Pane and the Navigation pane in File Explorer on the Win 10 laptop and one of...
  4. File Explorer Network Pane

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer Network Pane: I have two Win 11 Home 64 bit laptops and one Win 10 Home 64 bit laptop networked together. All my file and folder shares work and I am able to map all the drives I need on all machines. The Network Pane and the Navigation pane in File Explorer on the Win 10 laptop and one of...
  5. File Explorer Network Pane

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer Network Pane: I have two Win 11 Home 64 bit laptops and one Win 10 Home 64 bit laptop networked together. All my file and folder shares work and I am able to map all the drives I need on all machines. The Network Pane and the Navigation pane in File Explorer on the Win 10 laptop and one of...
  6. File Explorer>Network - Enter network credentials

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer>Network - Enter network credentials: I am trying to send a very large file on my desktop over my network to my laptop.Both my Accounts on my Desktop and Laptop use my Outlook account as the login.When I try to access either computers the Windows Security Pop-up says to Enter network Credentials.I try entering my...
  7. File Explorer>Network - Enter network credentials

File Explorer>Network - Enter network credentials: I am trying to send a very large file on my desktop over my network to my laptop.Both my Accounts on my Desktop and Laptop use my Outlook account as the login.When I try to access either computers the Windows Security Pop-up says to Enter network Credentials.I try entering my...
  8. File Explorer not showing network properly

File Explorer not showing network properly: I have a network with two computers, both running Windows 11 home with all updates installed, three NAS servers, an older computer running Windows 10, and a printer. Everything works properly, however, on one of the Windows 11 computers neither the Navigation pane nor the...
  9. "Network" Does Not Appear on File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "Network" Does Not Appear on File Explorer: When opening File Explorer>This PC, I no longer see "Network" listed. It shows all available drives but not "Network". All available network hardware is working and a second computer across the room is performing normally and seeing the network. This has been going on for a...
  10. File Explorer Network Access

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer Network Access: Windows 10 1903 and 1909, Still unable to see Ethernet connected devices in File Explorer, networks? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-network-access/686cace2-2164-4253-88b7-96ac70f729d2