Windows 10: File Explorer no longer brings up search tab, Win 20H2

Discus and support File Explorer no longer brings up search tab, Win 20H2 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I used to be able to bring up File Explorer search parameters like 'date', but no longer. And I used to be able to open up a Search tab. I did a lot of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by x509, Jun 26, 2021.

1. x509 Win User

File Explorer no longer brings up search tab, Win 20H2

I used to be able to bring up File Explorer search parameters like 'date', but no longer. And I used to be able to open up a Search tab. I did a lot of googling on this issue, and I'm following instructions carefully, but nothing works and I can't find that Search tab. Is there a workaround, or do I need a third-party tool. It doesn't have to be free, it just has to work reliably.

:)

2. xerces8 Win User

Missing Tab On File Explorer

This still happens with Windows version 20H2, just happened to me.

A workaround is:

After navigating to the desired search folder or drive, click in the search box (upper right corner), a list of recent searches will appear below the box. Click one, then press enter; ignore the files that appear. Now the Search Tools tab and ribbon will appear.

Source: answers.microsoft.com : Missing search tools tab in file explorer?

xerces8, Jun 26, 2021
  3. File Explorer Search Not Working

I am trying to search in File Explorer (Windows Explorer, My Computer) and it will not find anything. I can copy text from a name in the list and paste it in the search box and it still finds nothing. I have looked at the suggestions that have been posted and nothing I find that is relative to this works. Anyone have any suggestions? I am running Win 10 Pro on an I3 coustom desktop computer.

Maestro2711, Jun 26, 2021
  4. File Explorer no longer brings up search tab, Win 20H2

setting default view for Winodws Explorer Search Reasults

Thank you for the detailed response. To change the search result's view from content to list, we suggest following the steps below:

• Open the File Explorer and try to search for files.
    • In the toolbar, open the View tab and click List
      to change the view.
    • Once changed, close the File Explorer.
    • Open the File Explorer again and try to search to see if the setting has been retained.

After performing the steps above, reply back to us so we can provide additional help.

Jennifer Cha, Jun 26, 2021
Thema:

File Explorer no longer brings up search tab, Win 20H2

1. File Explorer no longer brings up search tab, Win 20H2 - Similar Threads - File Explorer longer

2. White Search Bar and properties tab in file explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    White Search Bar and properties tab in file explorer: I am getting this error after installing a new theme I have tried to revert to the original theme and switching between light and dark mode, this error only shows in dark mode...
  3. White Search Bar and properties tab in file explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    White Search Bar and properties tab in file explorer: I am getting this error after installing a new theme I have tried to revert to the original theme and switching between light and dark mode, this error only shows in dark mode...
  4. Win 11 File Explorer tabs not opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 11 File Explorer tabs not opening: I am running Windows 11 Professional build 22621.ni_release 220506-1250 on two Intel 11th gen core i9 computers, one a Dell XPS-8940 desktop with 64 GB of RAM and one an MSI Stealth GS76 laptop with 32 GB of RAM. File Explorer tabs work perfectly on the MSI. On the Dell, when...
  5. Win 11 File Explorer tabs not opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 11 File Explorer tabs not opening: I am running Windows 11 Professional build 22621.ni_release 220506-1250 on two Intel 11th gen core i9 computers, one a Dell XPS-8940 desktop with 64 GB of RAM and one an MSI Stealth GS76 laptop with 32 GB of RAM. File Explorer tabs work perfectly on the MSI. On the Dell, when...
  6. File Explorer No Longer Auto-Searching

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File Explorer No Longer Auto-Searching: Before my computer was forced to update (after being spammed every hour to update), I could type anything to the search bar of file explorer and it would begin searching. Now, instead, I have to press enter or click the search button for the search to begin. Is this a bug...
  7. Recent files in file explorer no longer show up when searching for files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recent files in file explorer no longer show up when searching for files: Previously, when I opened my file explorer, I was able to use the search box and have the option for files that I accessed yesterday, today, etc. pop up. This was convenient. Now I can only search for the files by name. Can someone tell me why this has changed and how I can...
  8. Missing search tools tab in file explorer?

Missing search tools tab in file explorer?: Hello, I'm not sure when this happened, but I have noticed that the Search Tools tab in File Explorer has disappeared. I am running Windows 10 Pro version 1909 build 18363.836. I have another corporate-owned laptop running Windows 10 that does not receive updates unless...
  9. Search tab missing in Win10 File Explorer

Search tab missing in Win10 File Explorer: How can I bring up the Search Tab in Win10 File explorer without having to do a quick Start & Stop in order to view the options available under the Search Tab?...
  10. File Explorer will no longer search for words in files

File Explorer will no longer search for words in files: I had automatic updates on, but clearly the computer didn't automatically update. File explorer is no longer finding words in files. I've processed all the updates from January to now, but File Explorer search is still broken. I really need that search to work to be able to...