Windows 10: File Explorer no longer gives title/properties for each file after April 2019 Update

Discus and support File Explorer no longer gives title/properties for each file after April 2019 Update in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; After updating Windows 10 yesterday, my file explorer only shows pictures/symbols and not titles or properties of files. I assume there is a setting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BeckyEkins, Apr 11, 2019.

1. File Explorer no longer gives title/properties for each file after April 2019 Update

After updating Windows 10 yesterday, my file explorer only shows pictures/symbols and not titles or properties of files. I assume there is a setting that controls this. Can anyone identify what I need to change?

Thanks,

Bk

:)

BeckyEkins, Apr 11, 2019
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Windows 10 April 2018 Update(SCU) Partially Breaks MKV File Support?

I updated to main computer to the April 2018 Update, AKA Spring Creators Update, and it seems like they've taken a step backward with MKV file support. When I go into the properties of an MKV file on the Fall Creators Update, if I go to the details tab it gives me a bunch of detail about he media file, like resolution, framerate, audio information and bitrate. However, if I go into the same file's properties on the April 2018 Update, almost all of the information is blank, it only gives me a runtime and bitrate.

I really just want to confirm that this isn't just my computer and other's are experiencing the same thing.

FCU:

File Explorer no longer gives title/properties for each file after April 2019 Update fcu-png.png

April 2018 Update:

File Explorer no longer gives title/properties for each file after April 2019 Update scu-png.png

newtekie1, Apr 11, 2019
  3. elbeasto Win User
    1511 - Can no longer remove video file properties

As per title.
    Since the 1511 update I can't remove file properties from any video file.

It always says that the file is open in Windows Explorer... *really

elbeasto, Apr 11, 2019
  4. File Explorer no longer gives title/properties for each file after April 2019 Update

File explorer file properties

Hi Richard,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Let me help you.

I suggest you to follow the below procedure and check if you are able to add comment to the file.

• Right click on the files

• Select Properties

• Click on Details

• Move the cursor to comments tab and try typing the captions.
    Check if it allows you to type the comments.

I hope the information helps. If you need any further assistance, please feel free to contact us again. We will be happy to assist you further.

Aswin_Anand, Apr 11, 2019
Thema:

File Explorer no longer gives title/properties for each file after April 2019 Update

1. File Explorer no longer gives title/properties for each file after April 2019 Update - Similar Threads - File Explorer longer

2. explorer file properties incorrect

in Windows 10 Gaming
    explorer file properties incorrect: I will try to be brief; I have a sony camera that produces photos with high ISOs over 64000: if I view the properties of files with higher ISOs in Explorer, the maximum visible value remains 65535 instead of 102400. For me that I have many photos it's a problem because I...
  3. explorer file properties incorrect

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    explorer file properties incorrect: I will try to be brief; I have a sony camera that produces photos with high ISOs over 64000: if I view the properties of files with higher ISOs in Explorer, the maximum visible value remains 65535 instead of 102400. For me that I have many photos it's a problem because I...
  4. File Explorer No Longer Accessing Files' Comments Property

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer No Longer Accessing Files' Comments Property: I have Windows 10, and File Explorer has suddenly stopped accessing the Comments property in any file. Worked fine before, but now the Comments field is blank and though it allows me to edit the field after Right-click Properties, the changes don't save. I can see and edit...
  5. See document titles and subject properties in file explorer

See document titles and subject properties in file explorer: I would like to be able to see the Title & Subject properties of the documents listed in a folder while in Window 10 file explorer. I have already tried to do this by adding those columns to the view in the explorer window, to no avail. Anyone have any other...
  6. Titles lopsided in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Titles lopsided in File Explorer: [ATTACH] In older versions, it used to be like this: Picture tools Manage Now it is like this: Manage Picture tools Why was it like that? Is it a bug? Must be fixed in 20h2 now, because this is the most annoying thing ever....
  7. Bug with Properties in File Explorer?

Bug with Properties in File Explorer?: I have three sibling folders all under the same parent folder that should contain the same number of files. The three folders contain the same files but they have different file names. If I use the command prompt DOS and run “dir /s” on each folder, I get 803 files for...
  8. How do you change a file properties to show "title" in the MS Explorer?

How do you change a file properties to show "title" in the MS Explorer?: I am trying to change a file's property by addressing the "title" of the document in MS Explorer... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-change-a-file-properties-to-show-title/36f0c241-6654-4a00-9dec-07084a7ffc48"
  9. Access WSL files from Explorer in in April 2019 update

in Windows 10 Support
    Access WSL files from Explorer in in April 2019 update: https://www.howtogeek.com/fyi/windows-10-will-finally-offer-easy-access-to-linux-files/ 127317
  10. Access WSL files from Explorer in in April 2019 update

in Windows 10 News
    Access WSL files from Explorer in in April 2019 update: https://www.howtogeek.com/fyi/windows-10-will-finally-offer-easy-access-to-linux-files/ 127317