Windows 10: File Explorer no longer lists out previously used tags in properties

Discus and support File Explorer no longer lists out previously used tags in properties in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So my problem is that when typing into the tags field on File Explorer, it no longer opens a list of all tags that I could be typing. For example, if I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Variance, Aug 23, 2019.

1. Variance Win User

File Explorer no longer lists out previously used tags in properties

So my problem is that when typing into the tags field on File Explorer, it no longer opens a list of all tags that I could be typing. For example, if I wanted to add the tag "Male" to a picture I have, when typing the "M" it would already list out all tags I've used that start with "M," narrowing down the list as I type more. Or of course would just automatically complete the tag when I clicked on one of the options.

This problem persists for any properties that I try to change, whether the file be JPG, MP3, the properties that used to pop up are no longer appearing, thus I have to fully type out every tag. I am still capable of searching via any of the properties however and I can also sort by tags in File Explorer. The only issue is that Explorer no longer "remembers" tags I've used before to help me fill them in.

File Explorer no longer lists out previously used tags in properties [​IMG]

My current File Explorer Options are

I've messed around with the inline AutoComplete as well to see if that would do the trick but to no avail.
    My Advanced Internet Options are

Any troubleshooting or methods I can try that may work, I'd be happy to hear about them.
    Any information that I can provide to help you better understand my settings, please ask and I'll add it.

:)

Variance, Aug 23, 2019

2. Clear the 'cache' in file explorer for already used picture tags?

If you set some tags for your *.jpg pictures, the windows 10 file explorer shows them in the "details pane" on the right side.

This list can get very long and with some wrong or no longer used entries.
    How can I clear this list / cache / suggestions?

Or how can I stop the file explorer to suggests already used Tags?

WTenNewbie, Aug 23, 2019
  3. OCjp Win User
    Windows Explorer/file Properties Details not displaying tags

I'm trying to tag documents so they can be found easily but I don't have the option to add a tag to a file. The Details panel in my Windows Explorer does not display tags in the list of properties. Also, when I right-click a file, go to Properties and then click the Details tab, tags are not listed there either.

Is there a way to turn this feature on? Thanks in advance for any help.

4. File Explorer no longer lists out previously used tags in properties

apply tags to photos in file explorer [win v10]

Hi Lisa,

Applying tags to pictures in File Explorer is a great search feature in Windows 10. This works like keywords or labels that you can add to your photos so you can easily find or access them.

To assist you with your concern, we recommend that you follow these procedures on how to add tags to your photos:

• Go to File Explorer and select the photo you want to add a tag.
    • Upon selecting the picture, press right-click and choose Properties.
    • Click the Details tab. Under the Description section is a category marked as
      Tags.
    • Click on the right portion of this to get the text box open so you can indicate your tag.
    • Click OK at the bottom to save it.

Feel free to inform us if the steps above resolved your concern.

Dhavelyn Mer, Aug 23, 2019
Thema:

File Explorer no longer lists out previously used tags in properties

1. File Explorer no longer lists out previously used tags in properties - Similar Threads - File Explorer longer

2. Remove a tag from the suggested list in the file properties "Tags" field; Windows 10 and 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove a tag from the suggested list in the file properties "Tags" field; Windows 10 and 11: I know how to remove a tag from a jpg file. That's not my question. I want to know how to remove a tag from the suggested list of tags? See screenshotI don't want Buchanan County to be suggested. It was an error when I originally added it to a jpg. I've removed that tag from...
  3. Remove a tag from the suggested list in the file properties "Tags" field; Windows 10 and 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove a tag from the suggested list in the file properties "Tags" field; Windows 10 and 11: I know how to remove a tag from a jpg file. That's not my question. I want to know how to remove a tag from the suggested list of tags? See screenshotI don't want Buchanan County to be suggested. It was an error when I originally added it to a jpg. I've removed that tag from...
  4. Pictures - Not Tagged and List of Tags Used for Photos

in Windows 10 Support
    Pictures - Not Tagged and List of Tags Used for Photos: This is my first time using this site so please let me know if this isn't the appropriate place to get answers to the two questions listed below: 1. Is there any way to do a search on my pictures folder in Windows 10 that will identify all pictures that have not been tagged?...
  5. File Explorer No Longer Accessing Files' Comments Property

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer No Longer Accessing Files' Comments Property: I have Windows 10, and File Explorer has suddenly stopped accessing the Comments property in any file. Worked fine before, but now the Comments field is blank and though it allows me to edit the field after Right-click Properties, the changes don't save. I can see and edit...
  6. Tags "autofill" not listing tags

Tags "autofill" not listing tags: Good evening, Over the last few years I've been slowly tagging everything in my picture/video library. I recently bought a new laptop, and have since come across an issue: previously, when I started typing in the tags box in Windows Explorer, a dropdown list of all the tags...
  7. Tags in File Explorer

Tags in File Explorer: I rely greatly on Autofill when adding tags to images. To not do so would require using my memory resulting in many, slightly different tags for the same "topic". for example:- John Searwood, John Sherwood , John Sharwood, John J Sherwood and so forth. Some while ago the...
  8. The 'TAGS' Property for Photo Files is no longer working properly

The 'TAGS' Property for Photo Files is no longer working properly: I have loaded onto my PC (Windows 10) some more photos, to add to the hundreds already filed under the 'Pictures' folder. I have added some key words under 'Tags' in the File Properties, as I have done for the older photo files. But the key words and the related photo files...
  9. How do I clean out File;Properties;Details;Tags dropdown lists

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I clean out File;Properties;Details;Tags dropdown lists: I have over the last year or so populated this dropdown with many entries that I now want to remove. I see how to do it file by file (thanks to your tutorials) but would like to reset/clear out these dropdown lists to start again. Many thanks [img] 113529
  10. Windows Explorer/file Properties Details not displaying tags

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Explorer/file Properties Details not displaying tags: I'm trying to tag documents so they can be found easily but I don't have the option to add a tag to a file. The Details panel in my Windows Explorer does not display tags in the list of properties. Also, when I right-click a file, go to Properties and then click the Details...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. file explorer in windows 10 suggest previously used tags