Windows 10: File Explorer no longer works on my Windows 7 platform.

Discus and support File Explorer no longer works on my Windows 7 platform. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I believe this problem was caused by a program I downloaded to repair problems in my file structure. I am an avid user of DAZ 3D. Several of my files... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Roger Thompson_544, Dec 1, 2018.

1. File Explorer no longer works on my Windows 7 platform.

I believe this problem was caused by a program I downloaded to repair problems in my file structure. I am an avid user of DAZ 3D. Several of my files in there had become out of place so that they needed put into their proper folders. I contacted DAZ support about this, and was led to an plugin that was supposed to re-categorize my files in DAZ 3D. The problem was the link to the plugin when you clicked on it took you to a program called 'Advanced System Repair Pro'. Looking back at the page with the plugin name I saw in tiny letters underneath the plugin that the plugin was now supplied by this program above. I now believe the link was on a fake page that had been substituted for the plugin page. Maybe by the company that produces Advanced System Repair Pro, or somebody promoting them because after I started discovering how much this program had screwed up my system I contacted DAZ and they had no idea what I was talking about. The plugin should have been exactly what it was stated to be, and the ones I chatted with had no idea about ASRPro. Anyway I thought at the time this was legit, and downloaded the repair program. They offered a one time free fix for several problems it said was in my system after the initial scan, and afterward you had to pay for the service. I selected the one time fix and had to wait 3 days for a code that would run the fix. During the 3 day wait I got ad's popping up in everything I did wanting you to pay for the service on a regular basis. In fact i couldn't run anything else on my system without constantly being interrupted by these ad's and my systems resources were slowing down. I had to disable the program for the 3 days so I could run my computer. Also when you tried to close the ad's with the little X in the corner something that worked like the mouseover function in Javascript would make the ad disappear and reappear somewhere else on the page before you could click the close button. I couldn't get rid of it except to disable the program for those 3 days. Finally the 3 day wait was over, I got my free fix code, and ran the fix program. It did as advertised to a point but actually put my DAZ files in the wrong places. I had to do it all manually last night. ALL NIGHT! Anyway when I realized I had been snookered I tried to uninstall the program. Btw the ad's were still popping up everywhere even though they were now supposed to be fixed. After doing some checking I found out there was never anything wrong with them in the first place. I tried to uninstall the program as I said, but every time my cursor got anywhere near the uninstall button I kept getting more ad's popping up begging me not to uninstall, and I could have their service for a special price. I ignored that, and did the uninstall finally but the uninstall only took a second to complete. It was too easy!!! Running my anti-spyware program I discovered there was still 2 registry keys to it and 12,000 temporary files in my system. The anti-spyware got rid of the registry keys, but could not get rid of the temp files because they were in use even right after startup of the system. Since then several of my programs I use all the time refuse to open because they say I do not have permission to use them even though my permissions in my system say otherwise, and I also cannot use file explorer for anything. It tries to work, but the green search bar vanishes after only a second, and no search is being done. Beware this program!!! Do not allow it on your systems because it is my firm belief it caused all of this. I'm going to try to include images taken from my Autoruns program that show what programs run at system startup. Several of the ones highlighted in pink are things that cannot be verified as being from where they say they are. Even ones from Windows update. Oh and when I checked the dates of these unverified ones. All within the last few days since I installed that program. File Explorer no longer works on my Windows 7 platform. 24d1ae22-2a6c-4e37-893c-7adc9482a749?upload=true.jpg File Explorer no longer works on my Windows 7 platform. 18ef86f6-0d53-4659-9d69-afae958cc7d1?upload=true.jpg File Explorer no longer works on my Windows 7 platform. e88490eb-d77b-481d-8a20-426e09ca9ba8?upload=true.jpg File Explorer no longer works on my Windows 7 platform. 70516d19-4e2f-48eb-9d10-ad8f3a436e69?upload=true.jpg File Explorer no longer works on my Windows 7 platform. 9c4680a2-bddf-4a95-8fb3-f371f6333181?upload=true.jpg File Explorer no longer works on my Windows 7 platform. 6069650b-1498-4030-b791-b9b99fdc11dc?upload=true.jpg

:)

Roger Thompson_544, Dec 1, 2018
  2. geno368 Win User

Some files listed in Windows Explorer are blue font

I seem to have run out of room on a Windows XP Pro system. I tried to defrag but don't have but 7% room available. I looked in Windows Explorer to try to find some huge files that might be corrupt and I see a few that are listed in blue. What does that mean? I have not compressed anything on purpose. Thanks

geno368, Dec 1, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 1, 2018
  4. File Explorer no longer works on my Windows 7 platform.

File Explorer Search Not Working

I am trying to search in File Explorer (Windows Explorer, My Computer) and it will not find anything. I can copy text from a name in the list and paste it in the search box and it still finds nothing. I have looked at the suggestions that have been posted and nothing I find that is relative to this works. Anyone have any suggestions? I am running Win 10 Pro on an I3 coustom desktop computer.

Maestro2711, Dec 1, 2018
Thema:

File Explorer no longer works on my Windows 7 platform.

1. File Explorer no longer works on my Windows 7 platform. - Similar Threads - File Explorer longer

2. Quick Access folders are no longer working in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Quick Access folders are no longer working in File Explorer: Hi, I am running Windows 11, and the latest update which was installed on 12th October has caused issues with my File Explorer. It appears to now be running in a window that looks more like an internet page, which doesn't worry me either way. The bit that is bothering me is...
  3. Quick Access folders are no longer working in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Quick Access folders are no longer working in File Explorer: Hi, I am running Windows 11, and the latest update which was installed on 12th October has caused issues with my File Explorer. It appears to now be running in a window that looks more like an internet page, which doesn't worry me either way. The bit that is bothering me is...
  4. Windows 7 File Explorer in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 7 File Explorer in Windows 10?: Windows 10 File Explorer is just far too buggy. 1. Typing into the search bar sometimes causes characters to delete and replace themselves as you type. E.g. typing “Hi” in the search bar, would cause he “i” to replace the “h”. Basically, each proceeding character will replace...
  5. Desktop and Windows Explorer no longer work?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Desktop and Windows Explorer no longer work?: After my "friend" folder was copy-pasted to my desktop until my desktop was full and even further, my desktop icons disappeared and the desktop no longer responds to right-clicks. Furthermore, the Windows-Explorer doesn't let you open it via the taskbar or the task manager....
  6. Scrolling the "preview pane" in file explorer no longer works on Windows 10

Scrolling the "preview pane" in file explorer no longer works on Windows 10: In file explorer if I want to preview a pdf document the "preview pane" under 'Pane' and when I select my pdf document the preview shows. The problem comes when trying to scroll through it. A day ago scrolling through the preview was possible using "two finger scrolling" but...
  7. My file explorer is not working.

My file explorer is not working.: [ATTACH]Is there any solution to that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-file-explorer-is-not-working/d1ae2c49-e191-4e41-91a5-614727b59cf3"
  8. File Explorer will no longer search for words in files

File Explorer will no longer search for words in files: I had automatic updates on, but clearly the computer didn't automatically update. File explorer is no longer finding words in files. I've processed all the updates from January to now, but File Explorer search is still broken. I really need that search to work to be able to...
  9. Preview Pane in Explorer No Longer Working with Excel Files

Preview Pane in Explorer No Longer Working with Excel Files: System Parameters: Windows 10 Pro, Version 1803 OS Build 17134.345 64 bit Excel for Office 365 MOS (16.0.1129_20045) 32 bit Issue: Windows/Excel recently updated. Presumably, this was done to "fix" a problem (which reminds me of when I "fixed" my pet). Now, when...
  10. Windows 7 games no longer work in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 7 games no longer work in Windows 10: I am a Windows Insider Preview user. As of the last build, my FreeCell game icoin no longer opens the game. I had been playing it for several months after downloading "Windows 7 Games with patcher", but in the latest Insider Preview build ( 11102.rs1_release.160113-1800) the...