Windows 10: File Explorer non-responsive to right click

Discus and support File Explorer non-responsive to right click in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Windows 10 Pro No trouble viewing c drive. Right click it and File Explorer locks up. The wheel keeps circling. It will stop after a long while,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by giiancarlo, Sep 24, 2020.

1. File Explorer non-responsive to right click

Windows 10 Pro

No trouble viewing c drive. Right click it and File Explorer locks up. The wheel keeps circling. It will stop after a long while, but menu does not open.

What to do?

Edit: removed issue of mapped drives not appearing. They appear now.

:)

giiancarlo, Sep 24, 2020

2. File Explorer, Right click not responsive

Regarding your concern with File Explorer, we suggest that you follow these steps to resolve your query.

• Open File Explorer and click the View tab.
    • Click Options, and select Change folders and search options. The
      Folder Options window should pop up.
    • Click View tab and check mark “Always show icons, never thumbnails.”
      File Explorer non-responsive to right click 0a0866ea-811b-444d-836e-f29ca744e5b5.jpg
    • Click Apply and click Yes, when it asks, “Do you want all folders of this type to match this folder’s view settings?”
    • Click OK to close the Folder Options window and you may now use your File Explorer.

Let us know if the steps provided worked for you.

Genevieve Cri, Sep 24, 2020
  3. File Explorer is windoes 10 non responsive

Hi,

If you’re having trouble getting your File Explorer to run on Windows 10, no worries. This post provides the right solutions for you. Read on and follow the easy-doing steps with images below.

https://www.techwibe.com/windows-10-file-explor...

https://www.drivereasy.com/knowledge/windows-10...

Standard Disclaimer: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research
    any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

MilagrosM2020, Sep 24, 2020
  4. Jaune Bel Win User

File Explorer non-responsive to right click

File Explorer on Windows 10 been not responsive for days

Hi Carol,

This issue is often caused by a corrupted or missing data file. We'd like to know more information so we could provide the best resolution. Kindly answer the following:

• Have you made any changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • Do you have any antivirus program that might affect File Explorer?

In the meantime, we suggest that you use the System File Checker to find out where the issue is coming from and fix the issue right away. You can check this article for the steps on how to troubleshoot this problem

using System File Checker in Windows 10

We'll be waiting for your response.

Jaune Bel, Sep 24, 2020
Thema:

File Explorer non-responsive to right click

1. File Explorer non-responsive to right click - Similar Threads - File Explorer non

2. File Explorer Crashed On Right-Click

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer Crashed On Right-Click: Every time I try to open the context menu, my File Explorer crashes. I can open the legacy context menu using Shift+Right-Click through. My Windows have been fine, but the problem suddenly appeared, not after I installed some programs or update WindowsI had- Followed this...
  3. right click not working in file explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    right click not working in file explorer: hello,I am encountering with an issue in file explorer windows 10. I wanted to print some documents and when i right clicked in the folder. It just hanged, like when the cursor shows a blue round moving animation only. That happened and the file explorer froze. I cant even...
  4. right click not working in file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    right click not working in file explorer: hello,I am encountering with an issue in file explorer windows 10. I wanted to print some documents and when i right clicked in the folder. It just hanged, like when the cursor shows a blue round moving animation only. That happened and the file explorer froze. I cant even...
  5. File Explorer And right click menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer And right click menu: When I try to open properties menu in file explorer noting pops up Don't know what to do I've tried sfc/scannow as admin and in safe mode and still did not work.My right click Context menu doesn't work either But works on chrome but not the desktop it self...
  6. Right-click on File Explorer icon on taskbar not responsive on certain networked computers...

Right-click on File Explorer icon on taskbar not responsive on certain networked computers...: I have a roaming account for my company's networked computers. OS on them are Window10. On two of them that I frequently use, the right-click on File Explorer icon on taskbar became unresponsive recently. Or should I say, it took more than >10 minutes or perhaps hours to...
  7. File Explorer Right Click Delay

File Explorer Right Click Delay: Windows 10 64bit Pro; Windows File Explorer This problem occurs with Pictures Screenshot *.png files and maybe others. After screenshot is taken, right click the *.png file. The blue circle busy icon appears for about 30 seconds before the context menu appears. Afterward...
  8. File Explorer Word file non responsive foggy screen

File Explorer Word file non responsive foggy screen: I created a journal for a few days in Word online on a New Blank Document which saved to File Explorer Onedrive Documents folder with a word file named document. When double clicking to open the file in File Explorer I only get the file to highlight with the spinning little...
  9. Right portion of screen non-responsive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Right portion of screen non-responsive: Running Win 10 with latest updates Lenovo ideacentre AIO Y910-27ISH Desktop Approximately 1/6 of the screen, on the right hand side, is suddenly unresponsive, although displaying properly. The cursor can still travel there, and windows/programs can occupy that space,...
  10. Right click hangs for File Explorer

Right click hangs for File Explorer: I have an issue that just started, and I could use some help. I want to format a hard drive, but when I ues File Explorer and right click on it to do this, I just get " not responding" Can anyone help me to fix this please? Thank you...