Windows 10: File Explorer not able to open files

Discus and support File Explorer not able to open files in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I have been having this problem for a few days. The file explorer is not able to open files.I can open folders in the explorer so it is likely not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Kyle-o73, Mar 11, 2022.

1. Kyle-o73 Win User

File Explorer not able to open files

Hi, I have been having this problem for a few days. The file explorer is not able to open files.I can open folders in the explorer so it is likely not a mouse problemThe only effect of double-clicking a file is that the cursor shows the "working in background" pointer for a few seconds.I have tried a quick scan by running DISM.exe in the terminal and with the sfc /scannow command but all showed no files corruption.Nothing happens if I right-click on a file and press the "Open with..." button. But if I go to settings and change the default app for a file extension, the settings app just complet

:)

Kyle-o73, Mar 11, 2022
  2. Ketxxx Win User

opening .dds files with gimp

Simply, HOW? I got the DDS plugin but the POS wont open DDS files still. Can someone give me a step-by-step rundown of how to install the DDS plugin for gimp so I know if I'm missing something?

Ketxxx, Mar 11, 2022
  3. jaydeee Win User
    PowerPoint file crashes PowerPoint upon opening

since this happens in some of the computers only, suggest that you open the file on working computer and copy everything and paste to a new powerpoint file.
    most of the time it works to me. *Smile File Explorer not able to open files :)

jaydeee, Mar 11, 2022
  4. File Explorer not able to open files

File explorer will not open on windows 10

In this case, it's possible that the File Explorer is set to open an incorrect/corrupted file location. To rule out folder path related issues, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Type Control Panel in the search box. From the search result, click
      Control Panel.
    • Select Small icons from the View by: drop-down list located on the top right side of the window.
    • Select File Explorer Options.
    • Under the General tab, select This
      PC
      from the Open File Explorer to: drop-down list.
    • Click OK.

Once you're done, open File Explorer again and check if the issue persists.

Feel free to post back if you encounter any challenges along the process.

Darwin Dim, Mar 11, 2022
Thema:

File Explorer not able to open files

1. File Explorer not able to open files - Similar Threads - File Explorer able

2. File explorer is not opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File explorer is not opening: Sometimes when I press my computer or file explorer it opens but other times it just crashes doesn't even open & get refreshed it is causing so much problem for me, I have been facing this problem from a past few days, tried many things on my end....
  3. File explorer is not opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File explorer is not opening: Sometimes when I press my computer or file explorer it opens but other times it just crashes doesn't even open & get refreshed it is causing so much problem for me, I have been facing this problem from a past few days, tried many things on my end....
  4. file explorer not opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    file explorer not opening: While clicking on file explorer it lags pc and nothing opens I tried to open folders on the desktop it lags and nothing opens https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-not-opening/b7de47e2-0a10-4b0e-a6b2-f0c1361b0e85
  5. File Explorer not able to open files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer not able to open files: Hi, I have been having this problem for a few days. The file explorer is not able to open files.I can open folders in the explorer so it is likely not a mouse problemThe only effect of double-clicking a file is that the cursor shows the "working in background" pointer for a...
  6. Opening Files in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Opening Files in File Explorer: Tell me how to open files liked I used to be able to do by double-clicking on a file. Now when I double-click on a file, it simply opens in a preview on the right or highlights the filename as though I want to rename the file. P.S. Quit screwing around with File Explorer....
  7. Anyone know how to fix file explorer not being able to open files

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Anyone know how to fix file explorer not being able to open files: Whenever I click a file I wanna open my cursor just starts doing the blue loading thing for ages. I really need to open some files submitted by /u/BrandExe [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ks769x/anyone_know_how_to_fix_file_explorer_not_being/
  8. File Explorer not opening

in Cortana
    File Explorer not opening: When I click the windows button, search bar, or file explorer on my task bar none of them open. I have tried restarting, cleaning my drive, automatic repair, and the sfc. Restarting worked once, but when I closed file explorer the issue happened again. I have tried restarting...
  9. not able to open any file

not able to open any file: when i want to open a file, it asks if i want to send it to recycle bin. this happens repeatedly. I have a TREND protection and no viruses have been found https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-able-to-open-any-file/395c22d9-0fad-400b-92ee-365ad35545be
  10. Not able to save or open files

Not able to save or open files: Hello everyone . I bought a brand new windows 10 laptop to go along with with a new guitar amplifier I purchased . The amplifier comes with free software to download . The software ( BLACKSTAR INSIDER } is a very valuable tool for downloading amp setting patches that I can...