Windows 10: File explorer not appearing in dark mode since installation of zip programs while...

Discus and support File explorer not appearing in dark mode since installation of zip programs while... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Before file explorer was in dark mode but after I downloaded 7-zip, winrar, and winzip,it became light while everything else remained dark. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Matthew Jones Frederick, Apr 27, 2020.

1. File explorer not appearing in dark mode since installation of zip programs while...

Before file explorer was in dark mode but after I downloaded 7-zip, winrar, and winzip,it became light while everything else remained dark.

I deleted all 3 of them but it remains light. I also restarted my computer several times and updated windows but to no avail.

:)

Matthew Jones Frederick, Apr 27, 2020
  2. Arul_D Win User

.zip can't be set to File Explorer

Hello Kathleen,

I understand your concern, and we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way we can.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Type Default programs
      in the search bar and press enter

• Click on choose default programs by file type

• Select .zip
      and select File Explorer
    Also you can visit the below link Zip and unzip files.
    (Steps applies to Windows 10).

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-CA/windows-8/zip-unzip-files

Hope this helps. Post us with status we will be glad to help you.

Arul_D, May 23, 2020
  3. dark mode for file explorer

Can anyone tell me how to enable dark mode in file explorer. I have turned my theme setting to dark but it doesn't affects the file explorer

hashtag_hasan, May 23, 2020
  4. File explorer not appearing in dark mode since installation of zip programs while...

File Explorer Dark Mode

Hi AlvinMorris2,

The Dark mode will change some of your device settings and default apps theme color to black. Thus, leaving some settings on its original color and appearance. I personally set my desktop color to Dark Mode and it also did not change the
    File Explorer to black. See image below:

File explorer not appearing in dark mode since installation of zip programs while... c631e1a1-9bc8-4dba-8882-3e3aa67815b4?upload=true.png

If you want this feature to be included on the upcoming updates, I suggest that you post or upvote this concern in our Windows Feedback hub. Your suggestions will help improve the Windows operating system.

In order to submit a new feedback, please follow these steps:

1. On a Windows 10 device, search for "Feedback Hub" in Cortana search, and then launch the app.
    2. Navigate to Feedback in the left menu, and then press
      + Add new feedback
    3. Select the Problem, and share any details you think are relevant, and then choose an appropriate category and subcategory.
    4. Important: If possible, reproduce the problem(s) after clicking
      Begin monitoring (or Start capture) near the end of the form;
      Stop monitoring when you're done.
    5. Once you've completed the form and monitoring, click Submit.
    6. Click Continue using Feedback Hub.
    7. Click My Feedback at the top, and then find the item you submitted (it may take a while to appear).
    8. Open the item you submitted, and then click Share.
    9. Click Copy link, and then paste the link in your response (it will look like
      Redirection Tools link>).

Regards.

Monica Cam, May 23, 2020
Thema:

File explorer not appearing in dark mode since installation of zip programs while...

1. File explorer not appearing in dark mode since installation of zip programs while... - Similar Threads - File explorer appearing

2. File explorer in dark mode not fully dark in win 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File explorer in dark mode not fully dark in win 11: I cant remove the white line in file explorer. cant someone help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-in-dark-mode-not-fully-dark-in-win/a4afc667-b0fe-47da-92be-d5558bcf10b4
  3. A white ribbon appearing in file explorer dark mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    A white ribbon appearing in file explorer dark mode: Does anyone know how to remove this white ribbon in File Explorer below the search bar. It appeared after I reset my Windows. It is very irritating to my eyes.Windows 10...
  4. Dark mode not working in file explorer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dark mode not working in file explorer: [ATTACH] I reset my laptop today and this happened. I've never had the problem before https://preview.redd.it/hj7bzy8bdaj61.png?width=1920&format=png&auto=webp&s=4e4caad4e88c838277fc1e72c2fb973b5eddd8c2 submitted by /u/edgelord-6969 [link] [comments]...
  5. File Explorer doesn't turn dark in dark mode

File Explorer doesn't turn dark in dark mode: I reset my laptop to its factory reset. I change the theme to dark mode but when i open file explorer it's still light. [ATTACH][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-doesnt-turn-dark-in-dark-mode/0e64262d-aa07-42e7-8fd5-3d164f828afe
  6. Dark mode in File Explorer

Dark mode in File Explorer: I prefer dark mode and I used to have dark mode for my programs and File Explorer. However after installation of some zip files the mode got light. I tried to delete files in question but it didn’t help. What’s your advice? Thank you....
  7. Dark Mode Issue with File Explorer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dark Mode Issue with File Explorer: Hello! I have been using dark mode on my company laptop for a while. The other day I was forced to restart with an update. When the updates were complete, my file explorer looks like this: https://imgur.com/rF5gipP I have tried going to Settings -> and updates and...
  8. dark mode for file explorer

dark mode for file explorer: Can anyone tell me how to enable dark mode in file explorer. I have turned my theme setting to dark but it doesn't affects the file explorer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dark-mode-for-file-explorer/bbce1d4b-d204-4418-9ee3-d57312999611
  9. File Explorer Dark Mode

File Explorer Dark Mode: So i was trying to change my Pc theme to dark mode. but when i activated Dark mode my "Windows Setting" changed to black but my "File Explorer" won't. Am i missing something or it just exclusively available to microsoft insider program only? I'm using Windows 10 Home Version...
  10. File Explorer Dark Mode

File Explorer Dark Mode: So i was trying to change my Pc theme to dark mode. but when i activated Dark mode my "Windows Setting" changed to black but my "File Explorer" won't. Am i missing something or it just exclusively available to microsoft insider program only? I'm using Windows 10 Home Version...