Windows 10: File Explorer not being able to quickly display icons for programs, files and folders when...

Discus and support File Explorer not being able to quickly display icons for programs, files and folders when... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When I insert any removable drive like a USB flash drive, external SSD or HDD, file explorer starts to load the icons, the quick access page and even... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Marr Raimund Salcedo, Aug 24, 2019.

1. File Explorer not being able to quickly display icons for programs, files and folders when...

When I insert any removable drive like a USB flash drive, external SSD or HDD, file explorer starts to load the icons, the quick access page and even the This PC page so slowly (took about 30 minutes or more to load and it doesn't use any of the system resources). But when I reopen file explorer not even the Quick Access page nor the This PC page and not even the Navigation bar can't be loaded. The scenario that I'm saying may look like this below. This problem still occurs even when I insert an empty removable drive and even uninstall programs.

After inserting a removable drive but before reopen: (it could be C:\Windows or any directory)

File Explorer not being able to quickly display icons for programs, files and folders when... 55fce6ca-8609-4c41-ab3c-3262e13e7d50?upload=true.png

After reopen

File Explorer not being able to quickly display icons for programs, files and folders when... 20f6cd9e-a276-4e80-9963-d8c74cee1e97?upload=true.png

How do i fix this problem or shall I say a bug without reinstalling Windows?

:)

Marr Raimund Salcedo, Aug 24, 2019
  2. wolf2009 Win User

How to make vista display same icon size for all opened folders in explorer ?

i dont think this answers the question , how do i make all icons in all folders appear "Large Icons" .

thx tho .

wolf2009, Aug 24, 2019
  3. dark2099 Win User
    Generating a .txt based file list in Windows 7

I want to be able to generate a .txt file that lists all the files and folders in a specific folder on my PC, but don't know the name of any programs that do that. Searched on google a bit and came up with this guide, but it's for XP and I can't seem to find some of the folder options to modify the .bat file. Any suggestions? Thanks

http://www.theeldergeek.com/file_list_generator.htm

EDIT: The .bat file will do what I want if it is in the folder I want to do it in, but the option I want to add is having the right click option that it shows.

dark2099, Aug 24, 2019
  4. File Explorer not being able to quickly display icons for programs, files and folders when...

I have added the file count column to my folder in File Explorer. However, the actual file count is not displaying.

Hi Loren,

I appreciate if you could answer a
    few questions to narrow down the issue and to provide you better assistance.

• How did you added file count column for folders in File Explorer? What are the steps did you followed?
    • When you say, "actual file count is not displaying" is this issue specific to any folder or happening with all folders?
    • Have you installed any third party anti-virus on your system?
    Meanwhile, I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if this helps.

• Open File Explorer.
    • Click on View from navigation pane and choose Detail pane.
    Write to us with the above information and status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Aug 24, 2019
Thema:

File Explorer not being able to quickly display icons for programs, files and folders when...

1. File Explorer not being able to quickly display icons for programs, files and folders when... - Similar Threads - File Explorer being

2. File explorer's Quick Access sidebar erroneous display of "Pinned" icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File explorer's Quick Access sidebar erroneous display of "Pinned" icon: My Windows 11 is automatically showing the push pin icon for every folder listed in the Quick Access sidebar and every newly created folder is added to the list does not require multiple visits before being added to the list. Upon looking closer...when right-clicking on a...
  3. File explorer's Quick Access sidebar erroneous display of "Pinned" icon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File explorer's Quick Access sidebar erroneous display of "Pinned" icon: My Windows 11 is automatically showing the push pin icon for every folder listed in the Quick Access sidebar and every newly created folder is added to the list does not require multiple visits before being added to the list. Upon looking closer...when right-clicking on a...
  4. Am I able to expand the folders in the quick access section of the file explorer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Am I able to expand the folders in the quick access section of the file explorer?: Hi there!Is there a possibility to change the quick access panel in file explorer? I am unable to expand the folders and this is very frustrating. I tried to look for an answer online but couldn't find it. Any help would be appreciated. I would like to be able to do the same...
  5. Am I able to expand the folders in the quick access section of the file explorer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Am I able to expand the folders in the quick access section of the file explorer?: Hi there!Is there a possibility to change the quick access panel in file explorer? I am unable to expand the folders and this is very frustrating. I tried to look for an answer online but couldn't find it. Any help would be appreciated. I would like to be able to do the same...
  6. Folder file icon display

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folder file icon display: In Windows 7 all my pdf and jpg folder icons used to show as a picture of the first page. Since moving to MS10 they don't, how to I change this please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/folder-file-icon-display/50ae1ec9-d9d7-4289-b595-7529f0353766
  7. Disabled sorting files in folders when displayed as "ICONS"?!

Disabled sorting files in folders when displayed as "ICONS"?!: Hello, to sort files by date or name is a useful feature that is partially disabled now in Windows 10. If you have a sub-folder inside the "Downloads" folder with images and you have them displayed for example as'Icons' instead of as 'Details' then you are not able to sort...
  8. File Explorer Quick Access Icons ?

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer Quick Access Icons ?: I did a clean install of Windows 10 Pro vers 1909 on a new build. This is my first experience with Win10. I'm not sure what icons are supposed to be in Quick Access. But I have 3 yellow folders that correspond to drivers that I installed, in addition to 5 icons which appear...
  9. File Explorer not being able to display proper icons for programs, files and folders when...

File Explorer not being able to display proper icons for programs, files and folders when...: When I insert a removable drive like a USB flash drive, external SSD or HDD file explorer starts to load even the icons even the quick access page and the This PC page so slowly even the CPU, RAM and HDD are completely fast and fine. But when I reopen file explorer not even...
  10. Not able to clear Quick Access in file explorer.

Not able to clear Quick Access in file explorer.: Many files came in quick access tab which i have used 2 months ago that too only once. I am not able to clear them using 'file explorer options'. [ATTACH]...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. file explorer display file icon