Windows 10: File explorer not letting me search

Discus and support File explorer not letting me search in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hey so basically the issue is every time i try to search, ill go to click the search bar, the cursor does change to the the cursor when you go to type,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by bryshaw1, Oct 6, 2020.

1. bryshaw1 Win User

File explorer not letting me search

Hey so basically the issue is every time i try to search, ill go to click the search bar, the cursor does change to the the cursor when you go to type, but when i click nothing happens

im really stressed out over this please help.

:)

bryshaw1, Oct 6, 2020

2. File Explorer Search Not Working

I am trying to search in File Explorer (Windows Explorer, My Computer) and it will not find anything. I can copy text from a name in the list and paste it in the search box and it still finds nothing. I have looked at the suggestions that have been posted and nothing I find that is relative to this works. Anyone have any suggestions? I am running Win 10 Pro on an I3 coustom desktop computer.

Maestro2711, Oct 6, 2020
  3. setting default view for Winodws Explorer Search Reasults

Thank you for the detailed response. To change the search result's view from content to list, we suggest following the steps below:

• Open the File Explorer and try to search for files.
    • In the toolbar, open the View tab and click List
      to change the view.
    • Once changed, close the File Explorer.
    • Open the File Explorer again and try to search to see if the setting has been retained.

After performing the steps above, reply back to us so we can provide additional help.

Jennifer Cha, Oct 6, 2020
  4. File explorer not letting me search

Windows 10 File Explorer search tool not working

I have tried all the above steps but I am unable to find and search a file with email address as search key.

Please help.

Regards

Dr. Saleem Siddiqi

Dr Saleem Siddiqi, Oct 6, 2020
Thema:

File explorer not letting me search

1. File explorer not letting me search - Similar Threads - File explorer letting

2. my files explorer isnt letting me click the sign in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my files explorer isnt letting me click the sign in: i click please sign in but nothing pops up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-files-explorer-isnt-letting-me-click-the-sign/d8a77144-4a14-4791-8e61-561ed50804a5
  3. my files explorer isnt letting me click the sign in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my files explorer isnt letting me click the sign in: i click please sign in but nothing pops up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-files-explorer-isnt-letting-me-click-the-sign/d8a77144-4a14-4791-8e61-561ed50804a5
  4. windows explorer wont let me rename existing file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows explorer wont let me rename existing file: Everytime i try to change file name i get this error any ideas as to why id also like to mentiomn this just started recently then a little while i had amn eror stating that windows ran into a problem had to festart and also a grey screen appeard...
  5. windows explorer wont let me rename existing file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows explorer wont let me rename existing file: Everytime i try to change file name i get this error any ideas as to why id also like to mentiomn this just started recently then a little while i had amn eror stating that windows ran into a problem had to festart and also a grey screen appeard...
  6. File Explorer wont let me open a file with a different program

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer wont let me open a file with a different program: This MC shaders had something I needed to fix, but when i was going to fix it i accidentally chose my browser, and now it wont let me change programs. how do i fix this? [ATTACH]...
  7. Taskbar & File Explorer Keep resetting almost everytime I open a file & won't let me search...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Taskbar & File Explorer Keep resetting almost everytime I open a file & won't let me search...: HI first post so bare with me. I never had an issue like this with my laptop & I've gone through dozens of websites attempting fixes & nothing is working. Basically, if I open any file in my documents be it PowerPoint, Word, Notepad, Photos or anything else my taskbar will...
  8. Is it me or is File Explorer Search Feature useless?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is it me or is File Explorer Search Feature useless?: It's been years now that I haven't even tried to use File Explorer search feature, since when I tried it many times, it was useless. I tried it again today, trying to find the exe file for process explorer, searching the Program directories. As usual, the progress slider...
  9. The search field in Windows file explorer doesn't let me key in it.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    The search field in Windows file explorer doesn't let me key in it.: When I open Windows File Explorer to search for a file, more times than not, the search field in the upper right won't let me click in it to enter search criteria....
  10. Windows Explorer Search Bar won't let me type in it

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Explorer Search Bar won't let me type in it: I switched to 10 from 7 yesterday because of the support drop, trying to get things how I like it, but something appears to be wrong with specifically the search bar in Windows Explorer, sometimes it works fine, but then when I go to click on it, nothing happens at all, it...