Windows 10: File Explorer Not Loading

Discus and support File Explorer Not Loading in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I've been having issues with my laptop for awhile now. Normally, it won't complete updates and I have to do a full reset. This time, it updated... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by NickiBailey, Dec 18, 2021.

1. File Explorer Not Loading

I've been having issues with my laptop for awhile now. Normally, it won't complete updates and I have to do a full reset. This time, it updated properly, but I tried to do updates because whenever I try to open a folder, file Explorer won't load. I pops up the window, but it's all white and nothing shows up in it. My question is, how do I get my files off this computer to do a reset? I've tried doing a reset and keeping my files, but it gets almost to the end and tells me there's an error.

:)

NickiBailey, Dec 18, 2021
  2. ilangom Win User

File explorer slow with loading thumnails and files

Step by step guide:
    1. Hold Win+r to open run
    2. Type msconfig and hit ok or enter
    3. Click Services
    4. Navigate to Windows search (you can sort the list in descending alphabetical order)
    5. Uncheck tickbox
    6. Click apply then ok
    7. Select to restart now

Hope this works for you.

ilangom, Dec 18, 2021
  3. razghost Win User
    File explorer slow/Never loading solution

Ok so since upgrading from 7 to 10 file explorer has been a absolute nightmare! Everything was either incredibly slow, didn't happen or only partially load. After enduring this to this day I have decided enough is enough and started diagnosing by limiting the startup services using MSconfig.

After going through enabling startup services groups at the time and restarting the computer everytime! Eventually I found the service that was causing the problems with file explorer. The service is called Windows search and once disabled it restored functionality to file explorer. The search function in file explorer works but the search in the taskbar doesn't.

Step by step guide:
    1. Hold Win+r to open run
    2. Type msconfig and hit ok or enter
    3. Click Services
    4. Navigate to Windows search (you can sort the list in descending alphabetical order)
    5. Uncheck tickbox
    6. Click apply then ok
    7. Select to restart now

Hope this works for you.

razghost, Dec 18, 2021
  4. snickie Win User

File Explorer Not Loading

File explorer slow/Never loading solution

Disable Search won't make icons load faster. It just disables the ability to find programs and other stuff fast!
    Naturally I tested your "tips" and still, loading icons are slow. It has to be some other thing going on in W10. Windows 7 didn't have this problem. Microsoft wake up!

snickie, Dec 18, 2021
Thema:

File Explorer Not Loading

1. File Explorer Not Loading - Similar Threads - File Explorer Loading

2. File explorer doesn't load

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File explorer doesn't load: Every time I go to open file explorer, it opens fine. However it doesn't display any of my files and instead just says "Working on it..." and changes my cursor to the spinny blue circle. I've been having this problem, and a similiar problem where the green loading bar takes...
  3. File explorer doesn't load

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File explorer doesn't load: Every time I go to open file explorer, it opens fine. However it doesn't display any of my files and instead just says "Working on it..." and changes my cursor to the spinny blue circle. I've been having this problem, and a similiar problem where the green loading bar takes...
  4. File explorer doesn't load

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. file explorer loading slow

file explorer loading slow: whenever i wanna open up a file on my pc the file takes a long time to open I've checked for viruses and memory leaks i cant figure out what is cause it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-loading-slow/82a7795c-5021-494a-8798-c24ac7d4c4a4
  6. file explorer loading slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    file explorer loading slow: whenever i wanna open up a file on my pc the file takes a long time to open I've checked for viruses and memory leaks i cant figure out what is cause it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-loading-slow/82a7795c-5021-494a-8798-c24ac7d4c4a4
  7. File Explorer Not Loading

File Explorer Not Loading: I've been having issues with my laptop for awhile now. Normally, it won't complete updates and I have to do a full reset. This time, it updated properly, but I tried to do updates because whenever I try to open a folder, file Explorer won't load. I pops up the window, but...
  8. File Explorer Not Loading

File Explorer Not Loading: I've been having issues with my laptop for awhile now. Normally, it won't complete updates and I have to do a full reset. This time, it updated properly, but I tried to do updates because whenever I try to open a folder, file Explorer won't load. I pops up the window, but...
  9. File Explorer loading Working on it...

File Explorer loading Working on it...: ***moved on english forum*** Greetings, I got a problem with my File Explorer, my download folder is not showing up and it stays at "Working on it" and also every file icon are just.. blank. I have tried multiple things : sfc /scannow, RestoreHealth, Creating a new...
  10. File Explorer Loading Files Slowly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File Explorer Loading Files Slowly: Hi, everyone Hoping someone could help me with a problem I'm having with my File Explorer. I have 2 folders with a huge number of files (Folder 1 with 47K images at 34GB, and Folder 2 with 113K images at 53GB). Folder 1 takes the green bar 30sec to load up its files, but...