Windows 10: File explorer not opening at all

Discus and support File explorer not opening at all in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello microsoft pls help me i can not open file explorer at all from any way possible i have tried ur tricks but still nothing i cannot access it when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Plshelplol, Jan 12, 2020.

1. File explorer not opening at all

Hello microsoft pls help me i can not open file explorer at all from any way possible i have tried ur tricks but still nothing i cannot access it when i click on it nothing happens and i cant even click on it from the search box or start menu because it does not open and when i click on my pc it still does not work could u please help me

:)

Plshelplol, Jan 12, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 12, 2020
  3. File explorer will not open on windows 10

In this case, it's possible that the File Explorer is set to open an incorrect/corrupted file location. To rule out folder path related issues, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Type Control Panel in the search box. From the search result, click
      Control Panel.
    • Select Small icons from the View by: drop-down list located on the top right side of the window.
    • Select File Explorer Options.
    • Under the General tab, select This
      PC
      from the Open File Explorer to: drop-down list.
    • Click OK.

Once you're done, open File Explorer again and check if the issue persists.

Feel free to post back if you encounter any challenges along the process.

Darwin Dim, Jan 12, 2020
  4. Sher Amo Win User

File explorer not opening at all

File explorer will not open on windows 10

As a workaround, we suggest that you follow these steps to access windows explorer using the
    Run dialog box. By doing this, we may identify if you can navigate Windows through this method. To do this, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R on your keyboard to open the run dialog box.
    • Type explorer and press Enter.

In case your system will allow you to navigate through this process, we recommend that you continue performing the in-place upgrade procedure.

Let us know how it goes after you've performed the steps.

Sher Amo, Jan 12, 2020
Thema:

File explorer not opening at all

1. File explorer not opening at all - Similar Threads - File explorer opening

2. File Explorer Not Opening At All!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer Not Opening At All!: I have a HP victus with 32GB of ram and 1tb Nmve. I don't what happened the File Explorer Not Opening At All! Its Windows 11. Since I'm using Win 11 i am facing this issue I have tried all the methods. cmd, clearing, and reseting. but it's not working.I have ton of work to do...
  3. File Explorer Not Opening At All!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer Not Opening At All!: I have a HP victus with 32GB of ram and 1tb Nmve. I don't what happened the File Explorer Not Opening At All! Its Windows 11. Since I'm using Win 11 i am facing this issue I have tried all the methods. cmd, clearing, and reseting. but it's not working.I have ton of work to do...
  4. All files very slow to open from file explorer or desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    All files very slow to open from file explorer or desktop: All of a sudden, I am experiencing extremely slow opening of all files whether opened from file explorer or the desktop. When I open any type of file from file explorer or desktop, I get a spinning wheel for about 50 seconds before even the program splash screen e.g. Word...
  5. All files very slow to open from file explorer or desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All files very slow to open from file explorer or desktop: All of a sudden, I am experiencing extremely slow opening of all files whether opened from file explorer or the desktop. When I open any type of file from file explorer or desktop, I get a spinning wheel for about 50 seconds before even the program splash screen e.g. Word...
  6. All files very slow to open from file explorer or desktop

7. File explorer is not opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File explorer is not opening: Sometimes when I press my computer or file explorer it opens but other times it just crashes doesn't even open & get refreshed it is causing so much problem for me, I have been facing this problem from a past few days, tried many things on my end....
  8. File explorer is not opening

File explorer is not opening: Sometimes when I press my computer or file explorer it opens but other times it just crashes doesn't even open & get refreshed it is causing so much problem for me, I have been facing this problem from a past few days, tried many things on my end....
  9. file explorer not opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    file explorer not opening: While clicking on file explorer it lags pc and nothing opens I tried to open folders on the desktop it lags and nothing opens https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-not-opening/b7de47e2-0a10-4b0e-a6b2-f0c1361b0e85
  10. File Explorer not opening

in Cortana
    File Explorer not opening: When I click the windows button, search bar, or file explorer on my task bar none of them open. I have tried restarting, cleaning my drive, automatic repair, and the sfc. Restarting worked once, but when I closed file explorer the issue happened again. I have tried restarting...