Windows 10: File explorer not opening/ Windows activation error

Discus and support File explorer not opening/ Windows activation error in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello There was a message which was popping up on the left bottom corner of my screen for past few days saying "Activate Windows",but whenever I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by AV AV, May 27, 2020.

1. AV AV Win User

File explorer not opening/ Windows activation error

Hello

There was a message which was popping up on the left bottom corner of my screen for past few days saying "Activate Windows",but whenever I clicked onto that the laptop started to hang and was unable to procced further.

Someone here told me to do system reset . I waited for almost 5-7 hours for restore to complete on its own,but it did not happen I was restoring to 20 days back date,so I forced closed the reset.

After restarting , I was not showing any file on the desktop,so I again did the reset , but this time to the few hour back restore point and that too under the UNDO type.

The problem now I am facing is that no file explorer is opening,whenever I try to open a folder it get hanged with a blank white screen.morever, ms office is also not restored.Apart from that Windows activation error is also there.

Please help solve the issue.

I also want to know whether diff account used for sign in in Microsoft also has some impact on the activation of windows?

Thanks

:)

AV AV, May 27, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 27, 2020
  3. KindOfCat Win User
    Can't Open File Explorer on Windows 10

This suggestion didn't work. File Explorer appears to activate on my system, but it activates in a minimized state. No matter what I do, I cannot find a way to expand the File Explorer program. Now I don't have any way to access my files. I need to access
    my files, or find out if it is even possible to role back my operating system to Windows 8.1. Can you help restore access to my files?

If you can't help my access my File Explorer to have access to my files, can you provide instructions on how I can roll back to Windows 8.1 on my Microsoft Surface Pro 2?

KindOfCat, May 27, 2020
  4. File explorer not opening/ Windows activation error

Feb 2019: File explorer keeps freezing after opening a file

Hi Casey,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in accessing the files/folders. I also appreciate your effort in trying to fix the issue.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

1. Are you getting any specific error code/error message while trying to open the file?
    2. Are you aware of any recent changes made on the device?
    3. Which version of Windows are running on your device?

Refer the article Which Windows operating system am I running for the information.

However, I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below.

Method 1

Restart Windows Explorer

1. Click on Start, type in “Task Manager
    2. Now go to Process tab. Click on Windows Explorer and
      Restart.
    3. Then check the status of the issue.
    4. If the issue still persist, try with the method 2.

Method 2

I suggest you to try the suggested steps from the article Fix File Explorer
    if it won't open or start
    and check the status of the issue.

Hope it helps. Get back to us for further assistance on this issue. We will be happy to help you.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, May 27, 2020
Thema:

File explorer not opening/ Windows activation error

1. File explorer not opening/ Windows activation error - Similar Threads - File explorer opening

2. File Explorer Error - Will Not Open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer Error - Will Not Open: Using Windows11. I can go to MY COMPUTER and open up File Explorer and it works. But if I pin the icon to my task bar, and continue to access it from my Task Bar I am getting an Event Error and it is not opening. Have tried recreating the Task Bar icon several times. Any idea...
  3. File Explorer Error - Will Not Open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer Error - Will Not Open: Using Windows11. I can go to MY COMPUTER and open up File Explorer and it works. But if I pin the icon to my task bar, and continue to access it from my Task Bar I am getting an Event Error and it is not opening. Have tried recreating the Task Bar icon several times. Any idea...
  4. File explorer is not opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File explorer is not opening: Sometimes when I press my computer or file explorer it opens but other times it just crashes doesn't even open & get refreshed it is causing so much problem for me, I have been facing this problem from a past few days, tried many things on my end....
  5. File explorer is not opening

File explorer is not opening: Sometimes when I press my computer or file explorer it opens but other times it just crashes doesn't even open & get refreshed it is causing so much problem for me, I have been facing this problem from a past few days, tried many things on my end....
  6. file explorer not opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    file explorer not opening: While clicking on file explorer it lags pc and nothing opens I tried to open folders on the desktop it lags and nothing opens https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-not-opening/b7de47e2-0a10-4b0e-a6b2-f0c1361b0e85
  7. file explorer not opening

file explorer not opening: While clicking on file explorer it lags pc and nothing opens I tried to open folders on the desktop it lags and nothing opens https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-not-opening/b7de47e2-0a10-4b0e-a6b2-f0c1361b0e85
  8. Windows 10 File Explorer opens Windows Explorer?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 File Explorer opens Windows Explorer?: My hard drive crashed and I'm starting over with a new installation of everything. What I noticed is that when I'm in Windows 10 File Explorer and right-click on a folder or drive Quick Access and This PC behave the same and click "Open in new window", Windows Explorer opens...
  9. Opening Files in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Opening Files in File Explorer: Tell me how to open files liked I used to be able to do by double-clicking on a file. Now when I double-click on a file, it simply opens in a preview on the right or highlights the filename as though I want to rename the file. P.S. Quit screwing around with File Explorer....
  10. File Explorer not opening

in Cortana
    File Explorer not opening: When I click the windows button, search bar, or file explorer on my task bar none of them open. I have tried restarting, cleaning my drive, automatic repair, and the sfc. Restarting worked once, but when I closed file explorer the issue happened again. I have tried restarting...