Windows 10: file explorer not opening

Discus and support file explorer not opening in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; While clicking on file explorer it lags pc and nothing opens I tried to open folders on the desktop it lags and nothing opens... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Ayush Pratap, Nov 25, 2022.

1. file explorer not opening

While clicking on file explorer it lags pc and nothing opens I tried to open folders on the desktop it lags and nothing opens

:)

Ayush Pratap, Nov 25, 2022
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 25, 2022
  3. File explorer will not open on windows 10

In this case, it's possible that the File Explorer is set to open an incorrect/corrupted file location. To rule out folder path related issues, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Type Control Panel in the search box. From the search result, click
      Control Panel.
    • Select Small icons from the View by: drop-down list located on the top right side of the window.
    • Select File Explorer Options.
    • Under the General tab, select This
      PC
      from the Open File Explorer to: drop-down list.
    • Click OK.

Once you're done, open File Explorer again and check if the issue persists.

Feel free to post back if you encounter any challenges along the process.

Darwin Dim, Nov 25, 2022
  4. Sher Amo Win User

file explorer not opening

File explorer will not open on windows 10

As a workaround, we suggest that you follow these steps to access windows explorer using the
    Run dialog box. By doing this, we may identify if you can navigate Windows through this method. To do this, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R on your keyboard to open the run dialog box.
    • Type explorer and press Enter.

In case your system will allow you to navigate through this process, we recommend that you continue performing the in-place upgrade procedure.

Let us know how it goes after you've performed the steps.

Sher Amo, Nov 25, 2022
Thema:

file explorer not opening

1. file explorer not opening - Similar Threads - file explorer opening

2. File explorer is not opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File explorer is not opening: Sometimes when I press my computer or file explorer it opens but other times it just crashes doesn't even open & get refreshed it is causing so much problem for me, I have been facing this problem from a past few days, tried many things on my end....
  3. File explorer is not opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File explorer is not opening: Sometimes when I press my computer or file explorer it opens but other times it just crashes doesn't even open & get refreshed it is causing so much problem for me, I have been facing this problem from a past few days, tried many things on my end....
  4. file explorer not opening

file explorer not opening: While clicking on file explorer it lags pc and nothing opens I tried to open folders on the desktop it lags and nothing opens https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-not-opening/b7de47e2-0a10-4b0e-a6b2-f0c1361b0e85
  5. Cant open files in file explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cant open files in file explorer: Ok so I cant open most of my files on file explorer and I don't know why Most of my files cant be opened can some one help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-open-files-in-file-explorer/f886cfdd-2f17-4f11-b6b0-cc18cc7d03e9
  6. File Explorer not able to open files

File Explorer not able to open files: Hi, I have been having this problem for a few days. The file explorer is not able to open files.I can open folders in the explorer so it is likely not a mouse problemThe only effect of double-clicking a file is that the cursor shows the "working in background" pointer for a...
  7. Opening Files in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Opening Files in File Explorer: Tell me how to open files liked I used to be able to do by double-clicking on a file. Now when I double-click on a file, it simply opens in a preview on the right or highlights the filename as though I want to rename the file. P.S. Quit screwing around with File Explorer....
  8. File Explorer not opening

in Cortana
    File Explorer not opening: When I click the windows button, search bar, or file explorer on my task bar none of them open. I have tried restarting, cleaning my drive, automatic repair, and the sfc. Restarting worked once, but when I closed file explorer the issue happened again. I have tried restarting...
  9. File Explorer slow to open or will not open

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer slow to open or will not open: Quite often (60% of the time) clicking on Windows Explorer results in no action whether from the tool bar or from the Windows screen for a very long period of time. There is nothing showing to determine if there is a background program causing Explorer to wait. When it...
  10. "Cannot open file -a" / explorer opens

in Windows 10 Support
    "Cannot open file -a" / explorer opens: Hello, I keep getting this error when Windows 10 boots to desktop, when I close it opens file explorer. Any ideas what's this mysterious "-a" file is? 97243