Windows 10: File explorer not openning but cannot find admin password required to run repair programs

Discus and support File explorer not openning but cannot find admin password required to run repair programs in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; File explorer no longer opens. Some suggestions from help for fixing the problem i.e. command prompt, require the admin password which I cannot locate... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BenReuven, Sep 24, 2018.

1. BenReuven Win User

File explorer not openning but cannot find admin password required to run repair programs

File explorer no longer opens. Some suggestions from help for fixing the problem i.e. command prompt, require the admin password which I cannot locate - it's an old computer and I'm not even sure I created one. Is there a work around for this so I can run the repairs which require the password?

:)

BenReuven, Sep 24, 2018
  2. Namslas90 Win User

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Sep 24, 2018
  3. freeboy Win User
    admin password?

ok changed added admin password for d in safe mode!
    Ok, now this is weird: XP repair will not accept my new password! WTF?

freeboy, Sep 24, 2018
  4. freeboy Win User

File explorer not openning but cannot find admin password required to run repair programs

admin password?

my repair windows install keeps failing due to "what is admin password" ?
    How do I either find it? It is my computer and Ia am the admin or change it? this is for disk D and It is booting from c...

freeboy, Sep 24, 2018
Thema:

1. File explorer not openning but cannot find admin password required to run repair programs - Similar Threads - File explorer openning

2. File Explorer cannot be Opened

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer cannot be Opened: Each time I try to open the file explorer my laptop will have a blink and fail to do so. Looks like that system will restart the the file explorer for my each attempt I resetted my pc but kept my personal files yet it didnt work. Before the reset, I googled the solutions and...
  3. Program somehow made a file that requires admin rights

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Program somehow made a file that requires admin rights: I was installing a program on my account. It didn't ask for administrator privileges or anything. But when I went to install it, it was a portable app, one single file stuck around, that I somehow needed to put in the admin password to delete. I don't want to ask the admin of...
  4. Amsi.dll error and cannot open or run any program that requires admin access

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Amsi.dll error and cannot open or run any program that requires admin access: Hi. Recently on startup I have received the error - "C:\\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\amsi.dll is either not designed to run on windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the...
  5. Cannot run some Programs on Program Files without Admin rights

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot run some Programs on Program Files without Admin rights: Hi, Recent days, my pc cannot run some programs: - SQL Server Management Studio [ATTACH] - Visual Studio cannot Publish websites with FTP publishing mode - Logitech Gaming Software - lgcore.exe cannot run at start up. To fix it, I have to set combability mode of exe...
  6. File explorer cannot find files

in Cortana
    File explorer cannot find files: After the most recent update of Windows 10, File Explorer stopped working. I ran the troubleshooter and it did not find anything. I need to be able to find files. HELP!...
  7. Admin password required for sign-in password.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Admin password required for sign-in password.: Hey. Is there a way I can make windows to ask for my admin password to confirm when changing the sign-in password for windows? Just curious. 119339
  8. Require Admin Password or Fingerprint to Install Programs?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Require Admin Password or Fingerprint to Install Programs?: Hey all, I was wondering if there was a way to require an Admin password or fingerprint (using the sensor on my PC) when installing an application, even when I am already an admin on the PC. I would like to do this just as another layer of security. As you know, on windows...
  9. Cannot run any programs in admin mode and cannot open task manager

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot run any programs in admin mode and cannot open task manager: Hi. I have a PC with Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit installed. (Ver. 10.0.17134) Ever since a forceful shutdown due to a freeze, I have been experiencing the following issues: Any program that I try to run on admin mode gives the error:"Windows cannot find...
  10. "Cannot open file -a" / explorer opens

in Windows 10 Support
    "Cannot open file -a" / explorer opens: Hello, I keep getting this error when Windows 10 boots to desktop, when I close it opens file explorer. Any ideas what's this mysterious "-a" file is? 97243