Windows 10: file explorer not refreshing, notepad print not working, windows not shutting down, apple...

Discus and support file explorer not refreshing, notepad print not working, windows not shutting down, apple... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, This is a really dramatic and surprising result so I wanted to tell people about it. A few months back I started to have a lot of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by flash7gordon, Feb 12, 2021.

1. file explorer not refreshing, notepad print not working, windows not shutting down, apple...

Hi,

This is a really dramatic and surprising result so I wanted to tell people about it. A few months back I started to have a lot of problems with my Windows 10 Pro machine and they all happened at the same time. File explorer wouldn't refresh automatically delete a file and it wouldn't go away until I explicitly selected refresh on the screen, print stopped working even to a usb attached printer, notepad print never worked notepad would hang up after printing something from it, the machine wouldn't shut down if you used the gui shutdown controls. Since it happened suddenly I thought it was Windows update. I actually got into some Windows recovery situations and I noticed the recovery was failing on an apple icloud directory which made me suspicious. For the file explorer situation I tried a ton of things from the internet and none of them would work long term. Then I uninstalled the Apple iCloud App you have to uninstall it in Settings -> Apps, it isn't in Control Panel Uninstall Programs. The result was dramatic. All the problems on my Windows 10 Pro machine went away and I am very convinced it was uninstalling Apple iCloud and rebooting that did it.

I didn't do anything low level technical with Apple iCloud, like use Regedit against it. I do have a lot of Development tools like Visual Studio and MS Sql and Oracle on my machine but I wouldn't think those would interact with Apple iCloud. I did try to use the mounted iCloud drive and noticed that it had some problems. But uninstalling Apple iCloud fixed everything. I like Apple. I am a technical person and have a Mac and other Apple equipment. But these problems are serious and if you are having them try uninstalling Apple iCloud for Windows if you have it.

:)

flash7gordon, Feb 12, 2021

2. Printing notepad

Is the printer listed in the Printer window when you click File > Print?

Or is the printer window not appearing at all?

Is the printer online?

Can you print from other programs to that particular printer?

Browse to the Notepad text file, right click it then click Print.

Does it print or not.

Andre Da Costa, Feb 12, 2021
  3. Windows 10 File Explorer: No Automatic Refresh

After a few days, File Explorer stops automatically refreshing. Operations like:

• Adding or renaming a file
    • Deleting a file
    • Adding a folder
    • Moving a file/folder
    • etc.
    complete successfully, but nothing happens visually until I manually press F5.

Some of you may realize that this question has
    been asked several
    times
    before, like this one nine
    years ago
    . I've tried every single resolution step I can find that's been suggested. The problem always returns.

I think it's time someone from Microsoft answers this question properly. Why does a well documented bug like this go this long without a fix? Can you provide a solution that works and hasn't been blindly copied and pasted multiple times?

Whimsical Seaplane, Feb 12, 2021
  4. Try3 Win User

file explorer not refreshing, notepad print not working, windows not shutting down, apple...

Windows Explorer refuses to refresh Explorer

Masterchef,

I have had this problem and so have lots of other people. None of the suggested solutions I found on the internet had anything other than a temporary effect. The problem eventually went away of its own accord but still rears its ugly head from time to time. I only kept a few links on the subject -
    Desktop or Explorer does not refresh automatically in Windows
    Windows Explorer doesn't refresh by itself - Microsoft Community
    windows file list does not auto refresh-update - Microsoft Answers [Windows 7]
    Windows Explorer doesn't refresh when moving-deleting - TechNet [Windows 7]

When the problem reappears, I restart the computer. If that does not resolve matters then I accept the situation and don't waste my time chasing non-solutions. You might wish to consider adopting the same approach.

All the best,
    Denis

Thema:

file explorer not refreshing, notepad print not working, windows not shutting down, apple...

1. file explorer not refreshing, notepad print not working, windows not shutting down, apple... - Similar Threads - file explorer refreshing

2. Windows 10 Pro - File explorer slow/not responding and refresh/shut down not responding....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Pro - File explorer slow/not responding and refresh/shut down not responding....: Hello fellas,Randomly my file explorer has been slow/not responding and the refresh/shut down have not been responding. When refresh/shut down does respond it’ll be a 10-15min delay.So far I’ve reset the system whilst keeping my files but the issues are still there.What are...
  3. Windows 10 Pro - File explorer slow/not responding and refresh/shut down not responding....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Pro - File explorer slow/not responding and refresh/shut down not responding....: Hello fellas,Randomly my file explorer has been slow/not responding and the refresh/shut down have not been responding. When refresh/shut down does respond it’ll be a 10-15min delay.So far I’ve reset the system whilst keeping my files but the issues are still there.What are...
  4. Windows 10 Pro - File explorer slow/not responding and refresh/shut down not responding....

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Windows file explorer auto refresh not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows file explorer auto refresh not working: When I save or delete files from folders they don't appear until I manually hit F5 to see the changes. Not sure why it's not auto refreshing the folders anymore?...
  6. Windows file explorer auto refresh not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows file explorer auto refresh not working: When I save or delete files from folders they don't appear until I manually hit F5 to see the changes. Not sure why it's not auto refreshing the folders anymore?...
  7. Windows file explorer auto refresh not working

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. File explorer shutting down on right click

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File explorer shutting down on right click: File explorer has started shutting down when I right click any folder in the left pane!! Any ideas why this is happening is much appreciated. TIA...
  9. Shut Down Failure, No Windows Explorer Auto-refresh and Windows Explorer startup failure Win10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Shut Down Failure, No Windows Explorer Auto-refresh and Windows Explorer startup failure Win10: I am experiencing 3 problems. The first is about Shut Down and Restart. On Shut Down, Restart and possibly Sign Out, the majority of the time will stay stuck on the blue screen and spinning wheel. The second problem occurs 99% of the time. The only time it is not in...
  10. File Explorer shuts down by itself

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer shuts down by itself: When I open File Explorer it immediately shuts down. Then I need to reopen it 1 or 2 times & then it is okay. Hope someone can help. Many Thanks, 52068