Windows 10: File Explorer not rendering

Discus and support File Explorer not rendering in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello all, On my Windows 10 PC, I am trying to open some files. So what I do, as most people would, is open File Explorer. But when I try to open file... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Lilia Lang, Jun 3, 2020.

1. File Explorer not rendering

Hello all,

On my Windows 10 PC, I am trying to open some files. So what I do, as most people would, is open File Explorer. But when I try to open file explorer, it opens but doesn't render. Can you please figure out what is happening? I also checked the checksum of explorer.exe on two computers. This one and the one it works on. They both have the same version of Windows 10 1903 and explorer.exe has the same checksum on both computers.

Thank you in advance.

:)

Lilia Lang, Jun 3, 2020
  2. Gino Des Win User

Windows 10 & Explorer 11 Error Message

To resolve this issue, we suggest that you clear the cache, cookies, and temporary internet files of Internet Explorer. Refer to the
    Delete your browsing history section in the following article on how to perform this action:

View and delete your browsing history in Internet Explorer

We also recommend that you disable hardware acceleration and use software rendering. Here are the steps on how to enable software rendering:

• Click Start.
    • On the search bar, type Internet Options, and click on
      Internet Options
      from the results.
    • Click on the Advanced tab.
    • Under Accelerated graphics, check Use software rendering instead of GPU rendering.
    • Restart your computer.

If the issue persists, a third-party browser extension on Internet Explorer may be causing this issue. We recommend that you open Internet Explorer in no add-ons mode. Follow the steps below:

• Press the Windows Key + R on your keyboard to open the Run dialog.
    • Type iexplore.exe -extoff and press Enter.

Let us know how it goes for us to assist you further.

Gino Des, Jun 3, 2020
  3. Paolo Mag Win User
    "This file can't be previewed" problem in explorer

Hi Deborah,

For us to provide an accurate resolution, kindly elaborate the issue by answering the questions listed below:

• Since when have you been experiencing this issue?
    • Were there any changes on your PC before this happened like software or updates installed?

For initial troubleshooting, we suggest that you follow the steps listed below:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Access this link

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Explorer
    • Delete all the files.
    • After deleting the files kindly try and see if there's a thumbnail preview of your files.

We're looking forward to your response.

Paolo Mag, Jun 3, 2020
  4. Ralph Sta Win User

File Explorer not rendering

File explorer icon from taskbar dissappears while working on it

Hi,

To assist you with your concern, we suggest you pin the File Explorer from the Start Menu by following these steps:

• Click the Start Menu.
    • Right-click File Explorer.
    • Choose Pin to taskbar.

If you need further assistance, feel free to reply to this post.

Ralph Sta, Jun 3, 2020
Thema:

File Explorer not rendering

1. File Explorer not rendering - Similar Threads - File Explorer rendering

2. How to fix icon/thumbnails not rendering at all in file explorer and taskbar

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to fix icon/thumbnails not rendering at all in file explorer and taskbar: Yesterday everything was fine but when i launched my laptop today i dont see thumbnails and icons. Well they are but they look like default with white background. In the windows menuwhen press windows on keyboard i see thumbnails/icons just fine.In the file explorer i see no...
  3. Windows 11 File Explorer rendering bug

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 File Explorer rendering bug: When I click on the elipsis in a long file name in the address bar then a drop down pains but as you can see in the image it paints behind other windows components making it unusable.It paints behine the address bar and also behind the file list content pane. Is there a fix?...
  4. Windows 11 File Explorer rendering bug

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 File Explorer rendering bug: When I click on the elipsis in a long file name in the address bar then a drop down pains but as you can see in the image it paints behind other windows components making it unusable.It paints behine the address bar and also behind the file list content pane. Is there a fix?...
  5. render this picture

in Windows 10 Gaming
    render this picture: lock, kay and pin, persian pattern on it, gray, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/render-this-picture/43e6969b-e5ed-4cf2-895b-f08d32ff8755
  6. Render Crashes

Render Crashes: When using Daz Studio and i goto render the engine crashes every time with this error:DAZStudio.exe caused UNKNOWN_ERROR in module "C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll" at 0033:0000000017C0051C, RaiseException+108 bytesAny ideas whats causing this....
  7. Animotica rendering MOV files problem

Animotica rendering MOV files problem: Hi there. This is really becoming a major problem. I used to create MP4 videos using Animotica, no problem. However, I recently tried using MOV videos in Animotica and during rendering it never finishes. I try to combine about 4 separate MOV file videos and then it never...
  8. Font rendering...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Font rendering...: Hey all. I spend the day working on my retina MacBook Pro after quite some time away working on Windows. My XPS has a 4k display and the fonts look horrendous. I mean, they are so thin and they truly disappear as they lack definition. I tried something called MacType which...
  9. Windows Explorer Erratic Behavior Renders Computer Useless

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Explorer Erratic Behavior Renders Computer Useless: So the computer boots normally. Windows loads. The sign-in screen comes up fine. Once I sign in, I get a black screen and the mouse arrow. The arrow responds fine. Eventually (several minutes) explorer sort of half-loads.The taskbar is visible, but when I hover over it the...
  10. Possible error with rendering Olympus RAW files.

in Windows 10 Support
    Possible error with rendering Olympus RAW files.: The File Explorer fails to render some Olympus RAW (.ORF) image files. Oly has at least two versions of their .ORF RAW files. File Explorer only recognizes the "old" version. E-300 - E-500 cameras. From E-30 there is a second version (compressed). This second version...