Windows 10: File Explorer Not responding - have tried ALL the fixes previously listed

Discus and support File Explorer Not responding - have tried ALL the fixes previously listed in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am concerned about the number of posts with the same problem, so I am assuming it is not something we have done, but is an issue with Microsoft? I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MrsMoe, Apr 17, 2020.

1. MrsMoe Win User

File Explorer Not responding - have tried ALL the fixes previously listed

I am concerned about the number of posts with the same problem, so I am assuming it is not something we have done, but is an issue with Microsoft?

I have been through ALL the previous posts and responses and fixes. Done all of them. NOTHING has worked.

I can OPEN File Explorer, I can SELECT a file. And that's where it ends. I can't open it, I can't move it, I can't delete it.

Windows 10 Home

:)

MrsMoe, Apr 17, 2020
  2. Variance Win User

File Explorer no longer lists out previously used tags in properties

So my problem is that when typing into the tags field on File Explorer, it no longer opens a list of all tags that I could be typing. For example, if I wanted to add the tag "Male" to a picture I have, when typing the "M" it would already list out all tags I've used that start with "M," narrowing down the list as I type more. Or of course would just automatically complete the tag when I clicked on one of the options.

This problem persists for any properties that I try to change, whether the file be JPG, MP3, the properties that used to pop up are no longer appearing, thus I have to fully type out every tag. I am still capable of searching via any of the properties however and I can also sort by tags in File Explorer. The only issue is that Explorer no longer "remembers" tags I've used before to help me fill them in.

File Explorer Not responding - have tried ALL the fixes previously listed [​IMG]

My current File Explorer Options are

File Explorer Not responding - have tried ALL the fixes previously listed [​IMG]

I've messed around with the inline AutoComplete as well to see if that would do the trick but to no avail.
    My Advanced Internet Options are

Any troubleshooting or methods I can try that may work, I'd be happy to hear about them.
    Any information that I can provide to help you better understand my settings, please ask and I'll add it.

Variance, Apr 17, 2020
  3. geno368 Win User
    Some files listed in Windows Explorer are blue font

I seem to have run out of room on a Windows XP Pro system. I tried to defrag but don't have but 7% room available. I looked in Windows Explorer to try to find some huge files that might be corrupt and I see a few that are listed in blue. What does that mean? I have not compressed anything on purpose. Thanks

geno368, Apr 17, 2020
  4. jetsd Win User

Windows 10 File Explorer Not Responding

I have a Lenovo Yoga 730. I have OneDrive which is working well but File Explorer keeps “not responding” every time I try to move or copy files, sometimes even opening a file.

I also tried the steps on your page Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was ...) including scanhealth and restorehealth but now I get a message "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item." when I try to open File Explorer Options (I was previously able to).

I'm still having the "not responding" issue.

jetsd, Apr 17, 2020
Thema:

1. File Explorer Not responding - have tried ALL the fixes previously listed - Similar Threads - File Explorer responding

2. File Explorer Not Responding

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer Not Responding: I can't upload or attach anything from file explorer regardless of browser. I can open File Explorer on its own but it doesn't respond when I want to upload files online or attach files to email. I tried changing to Microsoft Edge and Opera, and it's still the same....
  3. File Explorer Not Responding

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer Not Responding: I can't upload or attach anything from file explorer regardless of browser. I can open File Explorer on its own but it doesn't respond when I want to upload files online or attach files to email. I tried changing to Microsoft Edge and Opera, and it's still the same....
  4. File Explorer- Deleting all the previous owners info !!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer- Deleting all the previous owners info !!!!: Ok .... last resort, I purchased my laptop from a pawn shop about maybe 2 months ago , so far I am LOVING it !!!! Only problem is the old owner's files & such are still saved & are taking up quite a bit of space now, I did manage to get all the administrator stuff switched...
  5. File Explorer- Deleting all the previous owners info !!!!

File Explorer- Deleting all the previous owners info !!!!: Ok .... last resort, I purchased my laptop from a pawn shop about maybe 2 months ago , so far I am LOVING it !!!! Only problem is the old owner's files & such are still saved & are taking up quite a bit of space now, I did manage to get all the administrator stuff switched...
  6. File Explorer not responding

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer not responding: I have a 6 year old Lenovo desktop running Windows 10 with build 19041. Yesterday I installed a second hard disk that I plan to use for backups. My primary disk is a 2tb sata disk while this one is a 500mg sata drive from previous pc where it was the primary drive and ran...
  7. File Explorer not responding

File Explorer not responding: I have a 6 year old Lenovo desktop running Windows 10 with build 19041. Yesterday I installed a second hard disk that I plan to use for backups. My primary disk is a 2tb sata disk while this one is a 500mg sata drive from previous pc where it was the primary drive and ran...
  8. File Explorer- Not responding

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer- Not responding: I have been getting frustrated lately as i have been trying to get my file explorer to work by finding solutions online. I've been attempting to drag and drop,delete and open files/ items. I am able to open things such as word documents but as soon as it opens file explorer...
  9. File Explorer Not Responding

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer Not Responding: Hi, I am following very clear instructions online in order to fix File Explorer Not Responding on my brand new computer. Instructions I am following are at this link: https://www.****/knowledge/windows-10-file-explorer-wont-open-solved/ I can get as far as Step 4 where I...
  10. Fixing Windows 10 File Explorer Not Responding

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Fixing Windows 10 File Explorer Not Responding: File Explorer, also known as Windows Explorer, is the program that allows viewing folders and files and is also responsible for displaying the desktop. Sometimes File Explorer can encounter problems where it gets stuck in a “Not Responding” state. We’ll go through several...