Windows 10: File Explorer not responding when I resized it to a small size

Discus and support File Explorer not responding when I resized it to a small size in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I rezided the window to a size that is too small and now it is not responding. I can maximize it in the taskbar, but when I resize it, it still... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DanielHockenberry, Feb 2, 2019.

1. File Explorer not responding when I resized it to a small size

I rezided the window to a size that is too small and now it is not responding. I can maximize it in the taskbar, but when I resize it, it still freezes up.

:)

DanielHockenberry, Feb 2, 2019
  2. Exit15_15 Win User

Windows Explorer Crashes when Resizing or Snapping to a Side.

This solution worked. The problem occurs when the Preview Pane is on and the size of the window is too small to contain both the list of files and the Preview Pane. File Explorer remembers the last size your window was resized to and will toggle between
    full screen and the last size.

After applying the above fix, I resized the window to about 1/4 of the screen and turned the Preview Pane back on. Now I can toggle between full screen and 1/4 screen without any issue.

Exit15_15, Feb 2, 2019
  3. cnguinn Win User
    Font Size File Explorer Windows 10

My PC was upgraded to Windows 10 Creators. Now font sizes are all wonky, some too large, most are too small. I tried to use your suggestion to adjust "System -> Display -> Advanced display settings
    -> Advanced sizing of text and other items." only to discover that these controls have been removed!!!

The only display adjustment is to make EVERYTHING 100%, 125%, or 150%. This is UNACEPTABLE!

I need to separately resize text, menus, dialog boxes, title bars. I most need to enlarge the font size within Windows File Explorer. It is currently much smaller that everything else.
    Resizing everything to make Windows File Explorer usable is the "tail wagging the dog." VERY WRONG.

cnguinn, Feb 2, 2019
  4. ClewisPDX Win User

File Explorer not responding when I resized it to a small size

Can't resize File Explorer windows

You suffer too small, I suffer too large. Why can nobody figure out what's going on?

Mine is doing the exact same thing, too small and blinks and I cant resize or maximize again I have to shut it.

ClewisPDX, Feb 2, 2019
Thema:

File Explorer not responding when I resized it to a small size

1. File Explorer not responding when I resized it to a small size - Similar Threads - File Explorer responding

2. File explorer Lags out when resizing it

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File explorer Lags out when resizing it: I'm looking for anyone who knows how to fix this, but when i try to resize file explorer, it lags out looking like my monitor is running at 59 hz when I'm actually running 144hz. id include a video, but OBS makes it look like nothings wrong submitted by /u/ArloContainedYT...
  3. File Explorer Not Responding

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer Not Responding: I can't upload or attach anything from file explorer regardless of browser. I can open File Explorer on its own but it doesn't respond when I want to upload files online or attach files to email. I tried changing to Microsoft Edge and Opera, and it's still the same....
  4. File Explorer Not Responding

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer Not Responding: I can't upload or attach anything from file explorer regardless of browser. I can open File Explorer on its own but it doesn't respond when I want to upload files online or attach files to email. I tried changing to Microsoft Edge and Opera, and it's still the same....
  5. Font/Text Size of Drag and Drop Hint in File Explorer To Small

Font/Text Size of Drag and Drop Hint in File Explorer To Small: Hi, when I drag files in Windows 10 file explorer, the icon is fine, but the font size of the hint i.e "Move to..." or "Copy to..." is so small I can't read it. It used to be fine, not sure what I did to cause this. How do I restore or change that text back to something I can...
  6. File Explorer not responding

File Explorer not responding: I have a 6 year old Lenovo desktop running Windows 10 with build 19041. Yesterday I installed a second hard disk that I plan to use for backups. My primary disk is a 2tb sata disk while this one is a 500mg sata drive from previous pc where it was the primary drive and ran...
  7. Size of document in Preview Pane on File Explorer is very small

in Windows 10 Customization
    Size of document in Preview Pane on File Explorer is very small: I am running my new laptop with a secondary desktop monitor and having an issue with the size of documents in the File Explorer Preview Pane being very small, regardless of how large the Preview Pane window is. I'm running the same setup I had with a previous laptop and never...
  8. Files explorer not responding when i interact with files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files explorer not responding when i interact with files: I was downloading files for work as usual, went to extract the zip file but the second i clicked on it the entire files explorer just stops responding and hits me with the blue circle. It takes far too long and i end the task with task manager. After that my whole desktop...
  9. the size of the document is to small when printed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    the size of the document is to small when printed: The size of document when printed is too small to read https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-size-of-the-document-is-to-small-when-printed/4de4d3c2-edb6-4284-9663-86a18befd4c1
  10. Resizing File Explorer Window

in Windows 10 Support
    Resizing File Explorer Window: When I open File Explorer the window opens maximized and will not let me resize it. The minimize (-) and close (x) buttons work ok but the center button doesn't do anything when picked. I am new to windows 10, my old system was XP. Any help/ideas would be appreciated. 48903

Users found this page by searching for:

1. file explorer stops responding when resize