Windows 10: File Explorer not responding when I try or after opening document

Discus and support File Explorer not responding when I try or after opening document in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I just bought a new notebook but after a week problem arise. Whenever I open document from File Explorer it became not responding. It happen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Fahrul Abdi, Dec 5, 2018.

1. File Explorer not responding when I try or after opening document

Hello, I just bought a new notebook but after a week problem arise. Whenever I open document from File Explorer it became not responding.

It happen when I tried and after opening document. I need to restart Explorer when I want to open document.

Please help me and thank you.

:)

Fahrul Abdi, Dec 5, 2018
  2. John Fer Win User

documents

Hi Richard,

To sort your documents in your File Explorer by date, we suggest following the steps below:

• Type File Explorer in Cortana search box to open File Explorer.
    • Go to the folder that you want to sort.
    • Click on View that is located on the top part of the window.
    • Click on Sort by.
    • Choose Date.

Your files should be sorted by date with this option.

Let us know if this works for you.

John Fer, Dec 5, 2018
  3. File Explorer crashes on Quick Access Recent files item

Hi Loreto,

Clearing recent files does indeed allow File Explorer to open but my client did as I suggested and left recent files turned off for a few days and then turned it back on. It worked for a while but then started crashing again.

Two users at the same site have now reported the same problem which suggests it's not an individual user doing something unusual. It is very possible that they are working on the same documents in the same project.

The kind of documents in there will be:

• Documents opened directly from SharePoint
    • Documents opened from File Explorer viewing a SharePoint document library
    • Documents opened from File Explorer using a mapped drive to a SharePoint document library
    • Documents opened from Office 365 OneDrive

It's definitely a bug! Some threads have suggested bizarrely that it's linked to screen scaling?? And they do have a monitor and laptop screen with different scaling.

Cheers, Rob.

Rob Nicholson (Home), Dec 5, 2018
  4. File Explorer not responding when I try or after opening document

File explorer not responding

Since I updated my Windows 10 operating system last night, I can open the file explorer window and when I click on document or download I get a box that says Microsoft word, but then I get a message that file explorer is not responding and I can't open anything.

Moved from: Internet Explorer / Internet Explorer 11 / Windows 10

SueKleinberg, Dec 5, 2018
Thema:

File Explorer not responding when I try or after opening document

1. File Explorer not responding when I try or after opening document - Similar Threads - File Explorer responding

2. File Explorer not responding, especially when trying to attach files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer not responding, especially when trying to attach files: When I create an email in Gmail and try to attach a file to an email the file explorer opens a blank window and stops responding. The attach process freezes and I see the message Open Not Responding in the File Explorer window. I then have to close Chrome what the issue could...
  3. File Explorer not responding, especially when trying to attach files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer not responding, especially when trying to attach files: When I create an email in Gmail and try to attach a file to an email the file explorer opens a blank window and stops responding. The attach process freezes and I see the message Open Not Responding in the File Explorer window. I then have to close Chrome what the issue could...
  4. File Explorer "not responding" when I try to open an Office file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer "not responding" when I try to open an Office file: I am unable to open any Office files from File Explorer. I can open them if I am within the applications itself, but not directly from the explorer. I am able to open non-Office related files such as Adobe PDFs, etc.. When I do try to open an office file it will show "not...
  5. File Explorer hangs when I try to open Word/Excel/Powerpoint documents

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File Explorer hangs when I try to open Word/Excel/Powerpoint documents: This has been happening for the last 2 days and it's extremely annoying. When I locate the file I want in Explorer, and it's likely stored in my Dropbox folder, Explorer will hang and I have to "End task" from task manager. However, if I open Word/Excel/Powerpoint and...
  6. Windows Explorer "Not Responding" after Opening Word 2007 Document

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Explorer "Not Responding" after Opening Word 2007 Document: I'm using Windows 10 Pro, version 2004, Build 19041.508. A few weeks ago and out of the blue, Windows Explorer began "not responding" when I attempted to open a Word 2007 .docx file. When I click on the .docx file and then immediately attempt to switch to Explorer, I...
  7. File explorer not responding when I open a specific folder

File explorer not responding when I open a specific folder: Hi, My file explore kept crashing when I try to open the download folder. No access issue with other folders, so I'm not sure what is going on. Thanks for the help....
  8. Windows Explorer Stops Responding when opening a file in Documents

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Explorer Stops Responding when opening a file in Documents: My friend recently backed up some files with Onedrive. The files that he has backed up are opening in the Onedrive itself but when he's trying to open the original files in the Documents folder, windows explorer stops responding and he has to close the folder. The same is...
  9. File explorer opens when I try to open CMD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File explorer opens when I try to open CMD: The title is pretty self-explanatory but I'll repeat it. When I type cmd in the windows search bar I get a small window that pops down really quick. After that file explorer opens up. when I press WIN+R and type in CMD it does the same. When I open cmd with powershell I do...
  10. File explorer unable to open word documents not responding

File explorer unable to open word documents not responding: File Explorer is unable open Word documents - not responding message and forced to end task https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-unable-to-open-word-documents-not/df30e972-dcd2-4892-9a3e-8453dadc2b50"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. file explorer not responding when try to open office file

2. every time i try to open a document windows file explorer stops responding

3. i try to open file explorer and it says cant find file

4. when i hover over a microsof word file my file explorer stops responding,
  5. file explorer not responding after opening ofice documents