Windows 10: File Explorer Not Responding with Office Files

Discus and support File Explorer Not Responding with Office Files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Every time I open File Explorer (Windows 10), it works perfectly fine until I click on a Word or Powerpoint document. The window freezes and is "Not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Noommii, Mar 14, 2019.

1. Noommii Win User

File Explorer Not Responding with Office Files

Every time I open File Explorer (Windows 10), it works perfectly fine until I click on a Word or Powerpoint document. The window freezes and is "Not Responding". This happens when I double-click to open the file, and even when I just click on the file to drag it into another folder.

I can open other files such as pictures and music with no problem. When I open the actual Word or Powerpoint programs and open the same file through there, it opens with no problem. File Explorer only crashes when I click on the Office document through my File Explorer. How can I fix this?

:)

Noommii, Mar 14, 2019
  2. Gabzee501 Win User

Every time I open File Explorer (Windows 10), it works perfectly fine until I click on a Word or Powerpoint document. The window freezes and is "Not Responding". This happens when I double-click to open the file, and even when I just click on the file to
    drag it into another folder.

I can open other files such as pictures and music with no problem. When I open the actual Word or Powerpoint programs and open the same file through there, it opens with no problem. File Explorer only crashes when I click on the Office document through my
    File Explorer. How can I fix this?

This is from the Control Panel Problem Reports:

File Explorer Not Responding with Office Files d3a70e4e-6705-454e-bf03-c00702b13609?upload=true.png

Gabzee501, Mar 14, 2019
  3. File explorer not responding

Hi Sue,

After an update, your PC can sometimes cause software conflicts. We would like to know more about the File Explorer not responding. Please provide answers to the questions:

• Can you please tell us if this update was a regular security update or the Fall Creators update?
    • When you saw a dialog box, did you see a particular error message? If yes please send a screenshot.
    • Did you perform any troubleshooting steps to resolve the concern?

We'll wait for you response to our queries.

Robert Caw, Mar 14, 2019
  4. File Explorer Not Responding with Office Files

File explorer not responding

Hi Microsoft users,

I have the same problem that many users of Windows 10 faced: File explorer not responding.

Mine stop responding whenever I select any of the Office files (Powerpoint, Excel, Word) but not other file types (pdf, jpg etc).

Anyone have encountered similar problem and know the fix to solve this issue. Interim period, I will open the file through the office applications. Really inconvenient.

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

CT

Chee Tian Ong, Mar 14, 2019
Thema:

1. File Explorer Not Responding with Office Files - Similar Threads - File Explorer Responding

2. File Explorer Not Responding

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer Not Responding: I can't upload or attach anything from file explorer regardless of browser. I can open File Explorer on its own but it doesn't respond when I want to upload files online or attach files to email. I tried changing to Microsoft Edge and Opera, and it's still the same....
  3. File Explorer Not Responding

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer Not Responding: I can't upload or attach anything from file explorer regardless of browser. I can open File Explorer on its own but it doesn't respond when I want to upload files online or attach files to email. I tried changing to Microsoft Edge and Opera, and it's still the same....
  4. File Explorer not responding

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer not responding: I have a 6 year old Lenovo desktop running Windows 10 with build 19041. Yesterday I installed a second hard disk that I plan to use for backups. My primary disk is a 2tb sata disk while this one is a 500mg sata drive from previous pc where it was the primary drive and ran...
  5. File Explorer not responding

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer not responding: I have a 6 year old Lenovo desktop running Windows 10 with build 19041. Yesterday I installed a second hard disk that I plan to use for backups. My primary disk is a 2tb sata disk while this one is a 500mg sata drive from previous pc where it was the primary drive and ran...
  6. File Explorer Not Responding with MS Office Files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer Not Responding with MS Office Files: Every time I open File Explorer Windows 10, version 20H2, OS build 19042.630, it works perfectly fine until I click on a Word, Excel or Powerpoint document. The window freezes and is "Not Responding". This happens when I double-click to open the file, and even when I just...
  7. File Explorer Not Responding

File Explorer Not Responding: I just got a Lenovo Yoga 730. I have OneDrive which is working well but File Explorer keeps “not responding” every time I try to move or copy files, sometimes even opening a file....
  8. File Explorer- Not responding

File Explorer- Not responding: I have been getting frustrated lately as i have been trying to get my file explorer to work by finding solutions online. I've been attempting to drag and drop,delete and open files/ items. I am able to open things such as word documents but as soon as it opens file explorer...
  9. File Explorer Not Responding

File Explorer Not Responding: Hi, I am following very clear instructions online in order to fix File Explorer Not Responding on my brand new computer. Instructions I am following are at this link: https://www.****/knowledge/windows-10-file-explorer-wont-open-solved/ I can get as far as Step 4 where I...
  10. File Explorer Not Responding with Office Files

File Explorer Not Responding with Office Files: Every time I open File Explorer (Windows 10), it works perfectly fine until I click on a Word or Powerpoint document. The window freezes and is "Not Responding". This happens when I double-click to open the file, and even when I just click on the file to drag it into another...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 file explorer stops responding when moving excel documents

2. File Explorer stops responding when opening Word Document

3. every time i open a microsoft office document my folder freezes

4. file in downloads not responding how to delete,
  5. file explorer not responding when try to open office file,
  6. microsoft office documents windows explorer not responding,
  7. file explorer not responding when opening word powerpoint,
  8. file explorer not responding details pane office,
  9. file explorer will not review office files,
  10. file explorer not responding with microsoft office