Windows 10: File Explorer Not Responding

Discus and support File Explorer Not Responding in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I just got a Lenovo Yoga 730. I have OneDrive which is working well but File Explorer keeps “not responding” every time I try to move or copy files,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JeanetteSD, Apr 5, 2020.

1. File Explorer Not Responding

I just got a Lenovo Yoga 730. I have OneDrive which is working well but File Explorer keeps “not responding” every time I try to move or copy files, sometimes even opening a file.

:)

JeanetteSD, Apr 5, 2020

2. File Explorer Not Responding

Hi,

I am following very clear instructions online in order to fix File Explorer Not Responding on my brand new computer. Instructions I am following are at this link: https://www.****/knowledge/windows-10-file-explorer-wont-open-solved/

I can get as far as Step 4 where I try to right click on Quick Access within the File Explorer but because it is Not Responding this action does not work and I have to close File Explorer.

Does anyone have suggestions for how to get around this when File Explorer is Not Responding?

Alternatively, should I consider storing larger files in a different drive of the computer?

A little background: I have had this computer that came loaded with Windows 10 for about 1 month. The File Explorer would not respond when I first started using it (transferring in new files), and again recently when I have tried saving several (large) design
    files from Illustrator. This may be the culprit for it's bogging down; either that or perhaps because I just deleted 1000's of emails off of gmail? My text display size is at 100%.

Thank you.

ps I am not very computer savvy so please dumb down your responses!

CarlieBall, Apr 5, 2020
  3. File explorer not responding

Hi Sue,

After an update, your PC can sometimes cause software conflicts. We would like to know more about the File Explorer not responding. Please provide answers to the questions:

• Can you please tell us if this update was a regular security update or the Fall Creators update?
    • When you saw a dialog box, did you see a particular error message? If yes please send a screenshot.
    • Did you perform any troubleshooting steps to resolve the concern?

We'll wait for you response to our queries.

Robert Caw, Apr 5, 2020
  4. J. Raúl Win User

File Explorer Not Responding

File Explorer not responding problem.

Try this steps because I think it's related with quick access in file explorer:

1. Open a new Explorer window.
    2. Click View in the ribbon.
    3. Click Options.
    4. Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    5. Click OK.
    Now it should hopefully work fine.

J. Raúl, Apr 5, 2020
Thema:

File Explorer Not Responding

1. File Explorer Not Responding - Similar Threads - File Explorer Responding

2. File Explorer Not Responding

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer Not Responding: I can't upload or attach anything from file explorer regardless of browser. I can open File Explorer on its own but it doesn't respond when I want to upload files online or attach files to email. I tried changing to Microsoft Edge and Opera, and it's still the same....
  3. File Explorer Not Responding

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer Not Responding: I can't upload or attach anything from file explorer regardless of browser. I can open File Explorer on its own but it doesn't respond when I want to upload files online or attach files to email. I tried changing to Microsoft Edge and Opera, and it's still the same....
  4. File Explorer Not Responding

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. File Explorer not responding

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer not responding: I have a 6 year old Lenovo desktop running Windows 10 with build 19041. Yesterday I installed a second hard disk that I plan to use for backups. My primary disk is a 2tb sata disk while this one is a 500mg sata drive from previous pc where it was the primary drive and ran...
  6. File Explorer not responding

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer not responding: I have a 6 year old Lenovo desktop running Windows 10 with build 19041. Yesterday I installed a second hard disk that I plan to use for backups. My primary disk is a 2tb sata disk while this one is a 500mg sata drive from previous pc where it was the primary drive and ran...
  7. File Explorer is not responding

File Explorer is not responding: Have tried a variety of ways to correct including regedit ... no luck thus far. Your help is appreciated. Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-is-not-responding/26856d4f-6a7f-4ed4-878c-07071109b3f6
  8. File explorer not responding

File explorer not responding: I had connected my phone with the laptop using a USB. Then when I open the file explorer, it said not responding. Even free restarting the laptop, and opening the file explorer, it showed a white screen and not responding. I tried using SFC/ scannnow method, but it didn't...
  9. File Explorer- Not responding

File Explorer- Not responding: I have been getting frustrated lately as i have been trying to get my file explorer to work by finding solutions online. I've been attempting to drag and drop,delete and open files/ items. I am able to open things such as word documents but as soon as it opens file explorer...
  10. File Explorer Not Responding

File Explorer Not Responding: Hi, I am following very clear instructions online in order to fix File Explorer Not Responding on my brand new computer. Instructions I am following are at this link: https://www.****/knowledge/windows-10-file-explorer-wont-open-solved/ I can get as far as Step 4 where I...