Windows 10: file explorer not running and opening any file causes a black screen to flash for 2 seconds.

Discus and support file explorer not running and opening any file causes a black screen to flash for 2 seconds. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello people, I think I deleted a file reader or something like that by accident. How do I reinstall it or is there another solution to make me be able... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by dile_the_tile, Mar 23, 2020.

1. file explorer not running and opening any file causes a black screen to flash for 2 seconds.

Hello people, I think I deleted a file reader or something like that by accident. How do I reinstall it or is there another solution to make me be able to open up file explorer. By the way, I tried every method in trying to run file explorer even the win + X method and it still causes flashing. I can't even open up my recycling bin. Please, can anyone help me? I have been trying to solve this for a couple of days now and it is really bothering me. I have tried most of the tips on youtube and it does not work. Also, I can't run file explorer options or this PC. I can only open up task manager but I have restarted and ended task file explorer several times. Thank you for your help in advance.

:)

dile_the_tile, Mar 23, 2020
  2. Deuce642 Win User

windows 10 file explorer opens for a split second then crashes

This problem occurs if I try opening any folder or file explorer itself for example:

• an existing file folder with files in it that is on my desktop,
    • opening the file explorer from the taskbar (I have since unpinned it as this was suggested as a fix in some forums)
    • opening file explorer using the start menu
    • opening file explorer using the windows key + E
    In each case the explorer dialogue box will pop up momentarily then disappear again (perhaps a second or 2 sometimes, other times just a flash.)

So far I have tried:

• ensuring that windows 10 is totally up to date
    • run the sfc scannow - this came up with no error found
    • made sure that the settings for file explorer were set to opening at 'this pc'

I am absolutely out of ideas. Can someone please help?

Deuce642, Mar 23, 2020
  3. Windows 10 opening Libraries and other File Explorers Causing Screen to go black.

I installed windows 10 on my windows 7 system and when I open Any file explorer it causes my desktop to go to black and back to normal. and now I cant see any files because of this. Please help.

Now whenever I turn on the computer the screen continually flashes from black to back

Ultrabyte_, Mar 23, 2020
  4. John Vil Win User

file explorer not running and opening any file causes a black screen to flash for 2 seconds.

When my open the File Explore it goes black and gos back to normal

Hi,

There may be several reasons wht your screen goes black when you try to open File Explorer. To assist you better with your concern, kindly answer the questions below:

• When did this problem start?
    • Were there any hardware/software changes on your computer prior to this happening?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

In the meantime, you may try to run the System File Checker tool
    to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files that may be causing this issue. We also suggest to try booting your system in
    Safe Mode and let Windows run in a basic state, limiting the files and drivers running in the background that
    can cause this black screen issue.

We are looking forward for your reply.

John Vil, Mar 23, 2020
Thema:

file explorer not running and opening any file causes a black screen to flash for 2 seconds.

1. file explorer not running and opening any file causes a black screen to flash for 2 seconds. - Similar Threads - file explorer running

2. File Explorer Causes Black Screen

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer Causes Black Screen: Whenever I click on File Explorer, it causes my screen to go black and File Explorer doesn't open, with my curser still working. I have to use ctrl+alt+delete to restart my computer to get out of this issue. If I click on File Explorer while using another app firefox or Excel...
  3. File Explorer Causes Black Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer Causes Black Screen: Whenever I click on File Explorer, it causes my screen to go black and File Explorer doesn't open, with my curser still working. I have to use ctrl+alt+delete to restart my computer to get out of this issue. If I click on File Explorer while using another app firefox or Excel...
  4. File Explorer Causes Black Screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Screen flashes black for 2 seconds and any program that is currently being used crashes.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen flashes black for 2 seconds and any program that is currently being used crashes.: I've noticed for a while now but whenever I play a game of any sort, or open up any slightly demanding application, my laptop tends to flash black for 2 seconds before any application I use turns white, and either crashes, ceases function, or can only be heard through the...
  6. Screen flashes black for 2 seconds and any program that is currently being used crashes.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen flashes black for 2 seconds and any program that is currently being used crashes.: I've noticed for a while now but whenever I play a game of any sort, or open up any slightly demanding application, my laptop tends to flash black for 2 seconds before any application I use turns white, and either crashes, ceases function, or can only be heard through the...
  7. Screen flashes black for 2 seconds and any program that is currently being used crashes.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Black Screen, Cause File Explorer Not Being Able To Open.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black Screen, Cause File Explorer Not Being Able To Open.: When I boot into windows, it is fine, I log into the main account and it is a black screen with cursor. If I login to a different account, everything is normal. But in the account with the black screen, even if I use the task managers run function to run programs, like...
  9. File explorer/black screen

File explorer/black screen: Everytime i boot my laptop, it will either boot into a black screen with a cursor, or boot normally. When it boots normally though, the file explorer doesnt actually work. it opens, but whenever i single or double click on a file the mouse circles forever and i cant exit out...
  10. Cannot open any files in file explorer

Cannot open any files in file explorer: Hello, recently my file explorer has stopped working, whenever I try to open anything in the file explorer, on my C: or D: drives, it just shows the following error: [ATTACH] how can I fix this?...