Windows 10: File Explorer not showing files even though they exist on Windows 10

Discus and support File Explorer not showing files even though they exist on Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]File Explorer helps you find your files and folders, but sometimes it seems like […] This article File Explorer not showing files even though... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Feb 20, 2021.

1. WinClub New Member

File Explorer not showing files even though they exist on Windows 10

WinClub, Feb 20, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 20, 2021
  3. geno368 Win User
    Some files listed in Windows Explorer are blue font

I seem to have run out of room on a Windows XP Pro system. I tried to defrag but don't have but 7% room available. I looked in Windows Explorer to try to find some huge files that might be corrupt and I see a few that are listed in blue. What does that mean? I have not compressed anything on purpose. Thanks

geno368, Feb 20, 2021
  4. wren9x Win User

Windows 10 file explorer not responding

following ALL of the above steps did nothing. explorer.exe still broken.

additional steps taken:

1x system refresh, explorer still dead

1x clean boot, explorer still dead

3x sfc /scannow, rebooted in between, explorer still dead

1x restore point, all programs uninstalled, explorer worked for 4 hours, then died.

1x reset, explorer still never opened

1x reverted back to 8.1, explorer woked, autoupdated to 10, explorer died

1x COMPLETE WIPE, reinstalled 8.1, autoupdated to 10, explorer died.

wiping again. reeinstalling 8.1. turning off updates for good.

amazing this CRITICAL issue exists at all.

wren9x, Feb 20, 2021
Thema:

1. File Explorer not showing files even though they exist on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - File Explorer showing

2. File Explorer Not Showing Files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer Not Showing Files: Okay, so first, a while ago, I was using my PC, and I tried to go into my Downloads folder. It started loading, but it never actually loaded. Restart, everything's fine. Did that a few more times, until today. Now, when I open File Explorer, it shows this: [ATTACH] And the...
  3. Receiving cannot access file errors even though the file is present

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Receiving cannot access file errors even though the file is present: This question concerns 64-bit Windows 10 system version 2004; OS Build 19041.685. I am struggling to figure out what could be causing the following error for both operating system and application files: Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may...
  4. OneDrive is in the file path even though it is uninstalled.

OneDrive is in the file path even though it is uninstalled.: Hello, I just uninstalled OneDrive, but when I click on the file path, it shows as C:\Users\username\OneDrive\Desktop\foldername. How do I get rid of the OneDrive in the middle? OneDrive does not show up in the sidebar and the folder is not on OneDrive too. Thanks...
  5. File not appearing even though it says it saved

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File not appearing even though it says it saved: for school i had to make an essay on word and i saved it as a .docx file, its said it saved multiple times but its not showing up, any idea what's going on? submitted by /u/Chadly1234 [link] [comments]...
  6. Windows 10 File Explorer Thumbnails not showing

Windows 10 File Explorer Thumbnails not showing: I have gone through all the suggested changes in views but I still cannot view the thumbnails of my photos. How do I change it from Icons to thumbnails - very frustrated...
  7. Sending files direct from Windows 10 File Explorer even though my default email program is...

Sending files direct from Windows 10 File Explorer even though my default email program is...: When I try and send files direct from Windows 10 File Explorer using Send to>Mail recipient>, and then use choices available for file size to attach (smaller/small/medium/large/original size), the system opens up Outlook email program to do so. This even when my default email...
  8. File Explorer will not show "recent files"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File Explorer will not show "recent files": I have had this problem: that File Explorer will not show "recent files" on Windows 10 for a long time. I have Googled and searched for answers on here and elsewhere and cannot find a solution. I know it's supposed to show these files. How can I fix this?...
  9. Files not showing up with File Explorer

Files not showing up with File Explorer: I open File Explorer to find a file that I knew had been created at the end of March 2019. I went to the location that I was sure I had saved it to. It did not show up. I opened up a separate File Explorer and searched my entire C drive and there were the file that I was...
  10. Excel file association shows EXCEL 2016 even though have Office19

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Excel file association shows EXCEL 2016 even though have Office19: I uninstalled Office 2016 and installed office 2019 on my laptop. Now clicking on existing Powerpoint or Word files created by older 2016 versions can be opened with double clicking on the file name. However, double clicking on the Excel files created by 2016 version OR by...