Windows 10: File Explorer Not Showing Image and Video Previews

Discus and support File Explorer Not Showing Image and Video Previews in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; None of the previews are showing up. Any way to fix this?[ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ConnerT1018, Jul 18, 2019.

1. File Explorer Not Showing Image and Video Previews

None of the previews are showing up. Any way to fix this? File Explorer Not Showing Image and Video Previews 83e27fbc-4b1f-4da3-af96-fdf0e0fa4b6f?upload=true.png

:)

ConnerT1018, Jul 18, 2019
  2. Eclassbud Win User

Video in the preview pane

Aileen,

Thank you so much for your reply.

What I really need to know is how get the video to play in the preview pane. Prior to Windows 10, this worked wonderfully and was an asset. Now, it requires making changes to the Windows registry - not recommended due to the enormous amount of issues with
    Windows 10.

Any other suggestions?

Eclassbud, Jul 18, 2019
  3. Video in the preview pane

Hi,

To enable the Preview pane, open File Explorer and follow these steps:

• In the File Explorer window, click the View
      tab.

• In the Panes section, click the Preview Pane button. The Preview pane is added to the right side of the File Explorer window.

• Select several files one by one to preview their contents. You can preview their contents if they are text, images, or videos.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Aileen Alf, Jul 18, 2019
  4. File Explorer Not Showing Image and Video Previews

preview/details pane in explorer

Hi,

Setting the Preview pane to show or hide in File Explorer will apply to all folders. If you wish to hide the Preview pane in File Explorer, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Tap on View tab.
    • Click Preview Pane to view/hide it.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Jul 18, 2019
Thema:

File Explorer Not Showing Image and Video Previews

1. File Explorer Not Showing Image and Video Previews - Similar Threads - File Explorer Showing

2. File explorer shows the same image for any file selected.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File explorer shows the same image for any file selected.: I open File explorer and with the preview pane enabled I see an image for the first usually a video file file I select. If I then navigate and select a different file I can still only see the image from the first file I selected. It appears to be with Windows media player...
  3. Is there a way to show a preview of a PES file in Windows Explorer?

Is there a way to show a preview of a PES file in Windows Explorer?: Is there a way to show a preview of a PES file in Windows Explorer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-a-way-to-show-a-preview-of-a-pes-file-in/67cd55ca-af61-4325-94eb-ea9e54e979de"
  4. No file preview in the preview pane and file explore

No file preview in the preview pane and file explore: This is an ongoing, intermittent problem. For no apparent reason, my documents well stop being previewed in the previewed pain of file Explorer. Today, Word docs are previewing, but it takes a long time for them to appear. PDF docs are not previewing at all. Yesterday,...
  5. Thumbnail Previews on File Explorer aren't showing

Thumbnail Previews on File Explorer aren't showing: I've tried everything for fixing this. Clearing the cache of the thumbnails, unchecking the always show icons not thumbnails, and a lot of the things online. I still can't find a solution. One thing I might think it might be is that the thumbnails arent loading which I...
  6. Picture previews are not showing up in file explorer

Picture previews are not showing up in file explorer: Since about a month ago, I have found that the picture previews in my OneDrive file in File Explorer have disappeared. I suspect it was after an update, but am not certain. When I try to access pictures in that file that do not have a preview, I sometimes get this message:...
  7. Portrait mode video from cell phone shows up like image file in File Explorer

Portrait mode video from cell phone shows up like image file in File Explorer: Some of my MP4 files are not showing the correct movie-type of icon in Windows Explorer. This is when viewing the folder using icons of any size. If I switch to Details view then it shows correctly as a movie file. NB I think this seems to only happen with VERTICAL MP4...
  8. Applications not showing icons in taskbar and previews not showing in File Explorer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Applications not showing icons in taskbar and previews not showing in File Explorer: I've been having problems for 6+ months and haven't been able to fix this issue. I believe it started after some small update before the big Anniversary update. Some programs are not showing their icons in the taskbar (including the default Mail application, Microsoft Edge,...
  9. Previews for images (thumbnails) are gone in explorer.

in Windows 10 Support
    Previews for images (thumbnails) are gone in explorer.: All of a my preview for my images are gone... I went to Google and looked up some possible solutions. In explorer under view/options under View "Always show icons never thumbnails" is unchecked. I also tried to choose "Restore Defaults" from there as well with no luck....
  10. Video Files Not Showing Thumbnails in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Video Files Not Showing Thumbnails in File Explorer: I've ran Disk Cleaner to delete the thumbnails. I've deleted the thumbnail caches via command prompt (Admin). I've gone through View/Options/View and made sure "Always show icons, never thumbnails" was not checked. And still, I cannot get thumbnails for my .mp4...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. explorer not showing any previews