Windows 10: File explorer not showing network properly

Discus and support File explorer not showing network properly in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I would like to start by stressing that my network is working perfectly. My problem is not a network problem, it is a File Explorer problem. I have a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MartinWalker5, Sep 29, 2022.

1. File explorer not showing network properly

I would like to start by stressing that my network is working perfectly. My problem is not a network problem, it is a File Explorer problem. I have a network with 4 NAS devices, a printer, a Dell desktop, and an MSI laptop, both running Win 11 Pro 22H2, all connected by ethernet, and an old Lenovo laptop connected to the network via Wi-Fi.Both the Dell and the MSI were updated to 22H2 simultaneously.On the MSI laptop, File Explorer shows everything perfectly, both in the network pane and in the Navigation pane. On the Dell, however, neither the network pane nor the Navigation pane will show th

:)

MartinWalker5, Sep 29, 2022

2. File Explorer Not Showing Network Properly

The computer was already set on these settings exactly as you described. I reapplied them and rebooted and there was no change. Before I upgraded to Win 11 I had the same problem, but it was intermittent. Sometimes it would even spontaneously switch between showing the network properly and not showing it for no apparent reason- not even opening or closing File Explorer, just one second it was there and poof! the next it was gone.

3. File Explorer Not Showing Network Properly

I have two Win 11 Home 64 bit laptops and one Win 10 Home 64 bit laptop networked together. All my file and folder shares work and I am able to map all the drives I need on all machines. The Network Pane and the Navigation pane in File Explorer on the Win 10 laptop and one of the Win 11 laptops show all the devices on the network just fine. The other Win 11 laptop shows everything except itself and its shared folders. It shows them on neither the Network Pane nor the Navigation Pane. I have checked the settings in the Network and Sharing Center on both Laptops and they are identical. Both Win 11 laptops have the latest build of Win 11 installed with all updates- they were installed from the same ISO file. This problem shows up with both File Explorer and with several File Explorer replacements I have tried. I have no problem accessing anything, it’s just a little more difficult to do on this one laptop. It’s just very weird that this laptop will not show itself in its own File Explorer.

Can anyone help?

4. Philip JD Win User

File explorer not showing network properly

Network Devices Not Showing in File Explorer

Windows 10. Have Desktop 1, Laptop 1, Desktop 2 and D-Link Network Storage in Home Network. Router/Modem is AT&T/DirecTV for telephone, TV and Internet. Internet works fine. Do not think any problem with Router/Modem. Network devices do not show in File
    Explorer, consistently, notwithstanding that they are online and can be accessed, albeit in a sort of a workaround. I have had this problem for some time. Desktop 1 is primary computer. Network storage is always powered on. Laptop 1 and Desktop 2 are sometimes
    on, sometimes off. When Desktop 1 is powered on, hit or miss as to what other network devices, even though powered on, are listed in "Network" in File Explorer. Sometimes Laptop 1 will be listed on Desktop 1 File Explorer. But no others. Not even Desktop 1
    is itself listed in Network. At same time, I will then move to Laptop 1, and look at Network in File Explorer on it. Desktop 1 is not listed. Nor is Laptop 1 itself listed. As a workaround, at a time when a device, or more than 1 device, listed, I placed a
    shortcut to the device on my desktop. Thus, if device not listed in Network, I click the shortcut and I can access that device to, e.g., copy a file. So, the device is on line. This is true for all the devices. However, when another program needs to access
    a device on the network, such as using Acronis Backup/Restore from Desktop 1 to access the Network Storage, it cannot do so because the NAS "cannot be found." This is true even though I know it is actually on-line by use of the shortcut in accessing it directly.
    Sometimes, purely by happenstance, I boot one or the other of the computers, and some, or all, of the network devices will show in File Explorer > Network; more often, none, or only 1, will show. I have tried unplugging / replugging power, on all devices.
    I have booted only one, then another one, then another one, all in various order. I have "studied" Control Panel > Network till I'm blue in the face and can't seem to find any solution to this anomaly. Nothing seems to work. Any ideas out there?

Philip JD, Sep 29, 2022
Thema:

File explorer not showing network properly

1. File explorer not showing network properly - Similar Threads - File explorer showing

2. File explorer not showing network properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File explorer not showing network properly: I would like to start by stressing that my network is working perfectly. My problem is not a network problem, it is a File Explorer problem. I have a network with 4 NAS devices, a printer, a Dell desktop, and an MSI laptop, both running Win 11 Pro 22H2, all connected by...
  3. File Explorer Not Showing Network Properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer Not Showing Network Properly: I have two Win 11 Home 64 bit laptops and one Win 10 Home 64 bit laptop networked together. All my file and folder shares work and I am able to map all the drives I need on all machines. The Network Pane and the Navigation pane in File Explorer on the Win 10 laptop and one of...
  4. File Explorer Not Showing Network Properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer Not Showing Network Properly: I have two Win 11 Home 64 bit laptops and one Win 10 Home 64 bit laptop networked together. All my file and folder shares work and I am able to map all the drives I need on all machines. The Network Pane and the Navigation pane in File Explorer on the Win 10 laptop and one of...
  5. File Explorer not showing network properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer not showing network properly: I have a network with two computers, both running Windows 11 home with all updates installed, three NAS servers, an older computer running Windows 10, and a printer. Everything works properly, however, on one of the Windows 11 computers neither the Navigation pane nor the...
  6. File Explorer not showing network properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer not showing network properly: I have a network with two computers, both running Windows 11 home with all updates installed, three NAS servers, an older computer running Windows 10, and a printer. Everything works properly, however, on one of the Windows 11 computers neither the Navigation pane nor the...
  7. Network Devices Not Showing in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network Devices Not Showing in File Explorer: Windows 10. Have Desktop 1, Laptop 1, Desktop 2 and D-Link Network Storage in Home Network. Router/Modem is AT&T/DirecTV for telephone, TV and Internet. Internet works fine. Do not think any problem with Router/Modem. Network devices do not show in File Explorer,...
  8. Mapped Network Drive Not Showing in File Explorer

Mapped Network Drive Not Showing in File Explorer: Why aren't Mapped Network Drive Not Showing in File Explorer and how to fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mapped-network-drive-not-showing-in-file-explorer/d3932ee6-2c7d-4ff5-90b6-ff7c596ddc2f
  9. Full Network Does Not Show in File Explorer

Full Network Does Not Show in File Explorer: When I open File Explorer and click on the Network icon in the left margin, I see multiple devices but I do not see all of my PCs. I have 3 PCs (all running Win 10 home version) and on one of the PCs the only PC that shows is the PC that I am running File Explorer. On another...
  10. Network Devices not Showing with File Explorer

Network Devices not Showing with File Explorer: I am hoping that somewhere out there may be able to assist with my problem as I have exhausted countless hours on the various Forums and in tweaking my system with no result to date. The problem is that on my Home Network (Private) my main PC cannot “see” the other devices...