Windows 10: File explorer not working after updating Windows 11 to 22H2 latest update

Discus and support File explorer not working after updating Windows 11 to 22H2 latest update in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Title pretty much says it all, I can't use file explorer or access any of my drives through it, restarting it did not help and the only thing that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by fidih2, Apr 2, 2023.

1. fidih2 Win User

File explorer not working after updating Windows 11 to 22H2 latest update

Title pretty much says it all, I can't use file explorer or access any of my drives through it, restarting it did not help and the only thing that solved it was uninstalling the latest update.I have no idea what causes this issue but currently I'd rather uninstall the latest version just so I can access my folders.

:)

fidih2, Apr 2, 2023
  2. JerryMoDe Win User

Windows 11 Version 22H2 File Explorer Ribbon

Windows 11, version 22H2 has updated the file explorer ribbon. Before the update we were able to revert to the classic file explorer ribbon by using a register fix. But since the 22H2 update the fix has been disabled and we are stuck with the windows 11 file explorer ribbon. Is there a fix in the works to allow users to restore the classic file explorer ribbon? I find it much easier to work with the classic ribbon rather than the new “simplified” one.
    Thank you

JerryMoDe, Apr 2, 2023
  3. Windows 22h2 Update

Just installed the latest Windows 11 update, 22H2 OS Build 22621.605, my File Explorer has not changed. There are no Tabs. How can this be fixed? Was there a problem with the latest update?

RickGladish, Apr 2, 2023
  4. File explorer not working after updating Windows 11 to 22H2 latest update

Microsoft will Automatically Update Internet Explorer, if You Let it

In an effort to ensure that Windows users have the latest version of Internet Explorer installed and ready for use, Microsoft has decided to add its browser to the automatic update list. This means that Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7 installations which have automatic updating enabled in Windows Update, will also be seamlessly upgrading Internet Explorer, from time to time.

For starters the automatic update switch for IE will be turned on for customers in Australia and Brazil. This will happen in January (2012) and will expand in other areas throughout the year.

File explorer not working after updating Windows 11 to 22H2 latest update ie031311_2_web_thm.jpg

"We want to make updating to the best protection possible as fast and simple as we can for Windows customers," explains Ryan Gavin, General Manager, Internet Explorer Business and Marketing. "IE is how millions of Windows customers connect to the Web, so keeping that part of Windows updated at all times is critical to keeping them safe online. With automatic updates enabled through Windows Update, customers can receive IE9 and future versions of Internet Explorer seamlessly without any “update fatigue” issues."

Individuals or companies who don't want their Internet Explorer to get updated on-the-fly can opt out by using the Blocker toolkits available here (for IE8) and here (for IE9).

Cristian_25H, Apr 2, 2023
Thema:

File explorer not working after updating Windows 11 to 22H2 latest update

1. File explorer not working after updating Windows 11 to 22H2 latest update - Similar Threads - File explorer working

2. Windows explorer not working correctly after latest windows update 22H2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows explorer not working correctly after latest windows update 22H2: Hello community,Last update have a really good features, but also a lot of bugswhen i open too many notepad and try to right click from the task bar and close all, all of them freeze so i need to go close them from taskmanager, after few hours i got new update which fixed...
  3. Windows explorer not working correctly after latest windows update 22H2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows explorer not working correctly after latest windows update 22H2: Hello community,Last update have a really good features, but also a lot of bugswhen i open too many notepad and try to right click from the task bar and close all, all of them freeze so i need to go close them from taskmanager, after few hours i got new update which fixed...
  4. Corrupted Windows system files after latest cumulative update 22H2

Corrupted Windows system files after latest cumulative update 22H2: After the last cumulative update for Windows 11 22H2 Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22641.1000.0, I have experienced a number of issues that point to corrupted system files. The first thing that happened was I received the error 0x8007042b after starting Microsoft...
  5. File explorer not working after updating Windows 11 to 22H2 latest update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File explorer not working after updating Windows 11 to 22H2 latest update: Title pretty much says it all, I can't use file explorer or access any of my drives through it, restarting it did not help and the only thing that solved it was uninstalling the latest update.I have no idea what causes this issue but currently I'd rather uninstall the latest...
  6. Windows update not working after 22h2 update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update not working after 22h2 update.: I have open many tickets with Microsoft with no ressolution.I have wipe the laptop clean and reloaded the windows 11I have ran sfc and dismAnd still i get the same results of the folllowing errors:Detection detailsexpandIsPostback_RC_PendingUpdatesIsPostback:...
  7. File explorer not working after latest Windows 11 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File explorer not working after latest Windows 11 update: After the latest Windows 11 update, windows explorer, home, shows three areas, quick access, favorites, recent. file related actions not working properly, like not able to remove from current area or to add to other area. quick access area vanished after made empty. Any...
  8. File explorer not working after latest Windows 11 update

File explorer not working after latest Windows 11 update: After the latest Windows 11 update, windows explorer, home, shows three areas, quick access, favorites, recent. file related actions not working properly, like not able to remove from current area or to add to other area. quick access area vanished after made empty. Any...
  9. File Explorer Tabs missing after 22H2 Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer Tabs missing after 22H2 Update: Hey I have just upgraded my Windows 11 to latest version but my file explorer has no signs of tabs https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-tabs-missing-after-22h2-update/22f2cbfd-effb-484f-a5b8-fb28f2694c33
  10. File Explorer Tabs missing after 22H2 Update

File Explorer Tabs missing after 22H2 Update: Hey I have just upgraded my Windows 11 to latest version but my file explorer has no signs of tabs https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-tabs-missing-after-22h2-update/22f2cbfd-effb-484f-a5b8-fb28f2694c33