Windows 10: File Explorer not working at all ever since new update

Discus and support File Explorer not working at all ever since new update in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I recently installed a newer version of Windows 10 onto my PC, and ever since, the File Explorer hasn't been working at all. I can't insert images,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by GreenDiamond492, Sep 29, 2019.

1. File Explorer not working at all ever since new update

I recently installed a newer version of Windows 10 onto my PC, and ever since, the File Explorer hasn't been working at all. I can't insert images, open up files, use it at all without it saying "Not responding" and crashing. I've restarted multiple times and tried tons of solutions, and no luck. Does anyone know the problem? If so, what's the fix?

:)

GreenDiamond492, Sep 29, 2019

2. File Explorer Search Not Working

I am trying to search in File Explorer (Windows Explorer, My Computer) and it will not find anything. I can copy text from a name in the list and paste it in the search box and it still finds nothing. I have looked at the suggestions that have been posted and nothing I find that is relative to this works. Anyone have any suggestions? I am running Win 10 Pro on an I3 coustom desktop computer.

Maestro2711, Sep 29, 2019
  3. Ralph Sta Win User
    File explorer icon from taskbar dissappears while working on it

Hi,

To assist you with your concern, we suggest you pin the File Explorer from the Start Menu by following these steps:

• Click the Start Menu.
    • Right-click File Explorer.
    • Choose Pin to taskbar.

If you need further assistance, feel free to reply to this post.

Ralph Sta, Sep 29, 2019
  4. File Explorer not working at all ever since new update

Windows 10 file explorer very slow (working on it...) issue

This seemed to help. Time will tell. It certainly is more helpful and practical than the suggestion to end toe Explorer task and start a new one.

SamMcSpadden, Sep 29, 2019
Thema:

File Explorer not working at all ever since new update

1. File Explorer not working at all ever since new update - Similar Threads - File Explorer working

2. Ever since the update last week, several programs cease to function at all. including all...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ever since the update last week, several programs cease to function at all. including all...: As of 8/14/22 when I received an update for windows overnight, many of my programs that help me on a day-to-day basis no longer launch or run in any way.My PC has been updated and I should be running the latest Win10 Updates.Many of the program's troubleshooting point me to...
  3. Ever since the update last week, several programs cease to function at all. including all...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ever since the update last week, several programs cease to function at all. including all...: As of 8/14/22 when I received an update for windows overnight, many of my programs that help me on a day-to-day basis no longer launch or run in any way.My PC has been updated and I should be running the latest Win10 Updates.Many of the program's troubleshooting point me to...
  4. BSOD ever since update drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD ever since update drivers: So I used CCleaner to updated my drivers and now it messed up my laptop. I got BSOD everytime I shutdown and turn on the laptop, also happened when I put my laptop to sleep, restarting is normal, nothing happened. This is my recent dump files that I used WinDbg to opened:...
  5. BSOD ever since update drivers

BSOD ever since update drivers: So I used CCleaner to updated my drivers and now it messed up my laptop. I got BSOD everytime I shutdown and turn on the laptop, also happened when I put my laptop to sleep, restarting is normal, nothing happened. This is my recent dump files that I used WinDbg to opened:...
  6. BSOD on laptop ever since update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD on laptop ever since update: So I have a BSOD on my new laptop, I think its because when I update driver from CCleaner, Its messed up my computer and now I would like to uninstall the driver update from the CCleaner but I don’t know which one and how. Is there anyway I can just uninstall all the third...
  7. BSOD on laptop ever since update

BSOD on laptop ever since update: So I have a BSOD on my new laptop, I think its because when I update driver from CCleaner, Its messed up my computer and now I would like to uninstall the driver update from the CCleaner but I don’t know which one and how. Is there anyway I can just uninstall all the third...
  8. Help! All text in file explorer is missing, ever since I’ve updated my computer this has...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help! All text in file explorer is missing, ever since I’ve updated my computer this has...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/SufficientGarage1 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l215y9/help_all_text_in_file_explorer_is_missing_ever/
  9. File explorer freezing since the last update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File explorer freezing since the last update: I have been unable to use File Explorer since yesterday, coinciding with the installation of update KB4570505. File Explorer will open and run for a few seconds before freezing and displaying "not responding". I am unable to uninstall the update. I tried running a sfc...
  10. File EXplorer is unreliable since update '1903'

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File EXplorer is unreliable since update '1903': since update version 1903 to Win 10 my Explorer is crashing frequently (for 1 week now). Eg double-click on a folder, eg local C station. I get a circle of Windows busy, then Explorer crashes, I get flung out. I have to click documents to re-open Explorer. Also the top bar...