Windows 10: file explorer not working even after clean formatting of OS

Discus and support file explorer not working even after clean formatting of OS in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; File explorer is super slow or simply stopd responding when I open it to access any drive or folder or file in my machine. I did a clean complete... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by gabivallu, Dec 20, 2020.

1. gabivallu Win User

file explorer not working even after clean formatting of OS

File explorer is super slow or simply stopd responding when I open it to access any drive or folder or file in my machine.

I did a clean complete format of my machine, just reinstalled windows 10, but even after this the file explorer keeps not responding or super slow.

At the moment I only have 2 ssd drives: the C running the system and a second one.

I had a third drive , an Hdd that just died after one of the times this happened while I was saving a file in it. not sure this caused he Hdd to die but could be.

What I did so far:

- I updated all drives:

- changed the GPU,

- changed the memory cards,

- reset the win10 os,

- reformatted the computer and did a xlean install ;

- took the second ssd out and tried accessing it as an external drive,

- scanned the second drive for errors: no error.

nothing seems to work.

Another weird thing I noticed is that even after doing the clean formatting win10 kept my old user settings, probably because of one drive sync.

Could this be an issue with my microsoft user settings?

:)

gabivallu, Dec 20, 2020
  2. Fernandz Win User

How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Dec 20, 2020
  3. File Explorer Search Not Working

I am trying to search in File Explorer (Windows Explorer, My Computer) and it will not find anything. I can copy text from a name in the list and paste it in the search box and it still finds nothing. I have looked at the suggestions that have been posted and nothing I find that is relative to this works. Anyone have any suggestions? I am running Win 10 Pro on an I3 coustom desktop computer.

Maestro2711, Dec 20, 2020
  4. Bree Win User

clean possibly infected flash drives and CD-RWs

Your steps in post #1 should work for 99% of viruses that may be on a usb flash drive. However, there are a very few viruses that can infect the MBR of a drive. I would use Diskpart from a command prompt (Admin) to clean them. In the command prompt type DISKPART then, at the Diskpart prompt use the commands:

LIST DISKnote the disk number of the usb and use it in place of # in the command:SELECT DISK #
    CLEAN
    CREATE PARTITION PRIMARY

After this you will have cleaned the partition table from the usb and created a partition using the whole of the the available space. You can then format this partition in File Explorer.

For a CD-RW, if you right-click on it in File Explorer there is an Erase option.

Thema:

1. file explorer not working even after clean formatting of OS - Similar Threads - file explorer working

2. My SSD Files previously used as OS drive keep reappearing after format and clean

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My SSD Files previously used as OS drive keep reappearing after format and clean: Hello experts,I have a twinmos 128 GB ssd previously used as OS in my laptop, switched with new storage, now twinmos unused.Recently I bought an enclosure to use as pendrive but after formatting all the data comes back automatically.I tried via diskpart, followed several ways...
  3. My SSD Files previously used as OS drive keep reappearing after format and clean

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My SSD Files previously used as OS drive keep reappearing after format and clean: Hello experts,I have a twinmos 128 GB ssd previously used as OS in my laptop, switched with new storage, now twinmos unused.Recently I bought an enclosure to use as pendrive but after formatting all the data comes back automatically.I tried via diskpart, followed several ways...
  4. My SSD Files previously used as OS drive keep reappearing after format and clean

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. random reboot even after clean install of OS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    random reboot even after clean install of OS: It does not matter if I install Win 10 what the machine came with or Win 11, it experiences random reboots even after a clean OS install and 0 software installed, with only Edge and my preferred extensions running all of which does not crash any other machines using same...
  6. random reboot even after clean install of OS

random reboot even after clean install of OS: It does not matter if I install Win 10 what the machine came with or Win 11, it experiences random reboots even after a clean OS install and 0 software installed, with only Edge and my preferred extensions running all of which does not crash any other machines using same...
  7. IRQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL Showing even after clean format

in Windows 10 Gaming
    IRQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL Showing even after clean format: Hello guys, so I bought a new gaming laptop back in April of this year ASUS Rog Strix G17 and it worked really good until last 1-2 months. I keep on getting this IRQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL crash. At first I started searching online and I nearly tried everything but it kept on...
  8. IRQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL Showing even after clean format

IRQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL Showing even after clean format: Hello guys, so I bought a new gaming laptop back in April of this year ASUS Rog Strix G17 and it worked really good until last 1-2 months. I keep on getting this IRQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL crash. At first I started searching online and I nearly tried everything but it kept on...
  9. Audio CD's Not Recognized, Even After a Clean Format & Reinstall

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio CD's Not Recognized, Even After a Clean Format & Reinstall: Hello, everyone. I have a problem that I haven't been able to solve, regarding playing audio cd's on my computer. I've researched the problem, but I still haven't been able to solve it, so I'm seeking help with it. I'm running the most current version of Windows 10 (21H1), on...
  10. File explorer format

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File explorer format: After the recent 1903 update I had noticed that the downloads folder in file explorer had a weird format to it. It was organized by "friendly date". is there any way to revert to the original layout prior to 1903? [ATTACH]...