Windows 10: file explorer on taskbar not opening windows, and is copying shortcuts

Discus and support file explorer on taskbar not opening windows, and is copying shortcuts in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; it suddenly stopped working the shortcuts are not opening when i click on them is it a setting?: [img] and why is the shortcuts on the taskbar... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Teletha, Aug 18, 2015.

1. Teletha Win User

file explorer on taskbar not opening windows, and is copying shortcuts

it suddenly stopped working the shortcuts are not opening when i click on them is it a setting?:
    file explorer on taskbar not opening windows, and is copying shortcuts [​IMG]

and why is the shortcuts on the taskbar explorer (when u right click it like in the gif) have the same shortcuts as in the explorer window (the shortcuts on the sides) i have 39 shortcuts in the explorer window and in the taskbar explorer icon it only shows a couple and i want to have different shortcuts there and sort them manually but they are all static i can't touch them! I can only remove them but the it removes them in the main explorer window too! they are synced for some !"#!"#@ reason.

:)

Teletha, Aug 18, 2015
  2. lacrumb Win User

Windows 10 - taskbar icons

The File Explorer icon on he taskbar opens File Explorer. That is what it is for.

If you want a file put on the taskbar as an icon that is a different thing. Make a shortcut and then pin it to the taskbar.

lacrumb, Aug 18, 2015
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    File Explorer

Hi Henry, are you opening File Explorer from your Taskbar?

If so, there was a bug in Windows 10 a while back with the Taskbar shortcut, try this keyboard shortcut - Windows Key + E

DaveM121, Aug 18, 2015
Thema:

file explorer on taskbar not opening windows, and is copying shortcuts

1. file explorer on taskbar not opening windows, and is copying shortcuts - Similar Threads - file explorer taskbar

2. File Explorer: Restore functionality for opening shortcuts in the same window

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer: Restore functionality for opening shortcuts in the same window: When in File Explorer, there are certain strings that can be typed into the address bar that will allow you to navigate to said item. For example, typing in "downloads" and pressing enter causes File Explorer to navigate to the Downloads folder. Typing in "documents" and...
  3. File Explorer: Restore functionality for opening shortcuts in the same window

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer: Restore functionality for opening shortcuts in the same window: When in File Explorer, there are certain strings that can be typed into the address bar that will allow you to navigate to said item. For example, typing in "downloads" and pressing enter causes File Explorer to navigate to the Downloads folder. Typing in "documents" and...
  4. Open 'People' with Shortcut or Taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Open 'People' with Shortcut or Taskbar: Hello Community,I was searching for an option to open 'People' or address book as an single application. Now I can open it with 'outlook' but can't open it in the taskbar or with a shortcut on the desktop or the menu.I found a topic to this which provides a solution and a...
  5. Open 'People' with Shortcut or Taskbar

Open 'People' with Shortcut or Taskbar: Hello Community,I was searching for an option to open 'People' or address book as an single application. Now I can open it with 'outlook' but can't open it in the taskbar or with a shortcut on the desktop or the menu.I found a topic to this which provides a solution and a...
  6. Windows 11 File Explorer - New Shortcut With Custom Path On Taskbar - Opens New Icon On...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 File Explorer - New Shortcut With Custom Path On Taskbar - Opens New Icon On...: In windows 11 i created a new shortcut for File Explorer like below : %SYSTEMROOT%\explorer.exe /e,W:\My_FilesAfter creating this shortcut i dragged & dropped it to taskbar. Now when i click on it, It opens a new icon on taskbar instead of it's own icon. This is really...
  7. Windows 11 File Explorer - New Shortcut With Custom Path On Taskbar - Opens New Icon On...

Windows 11 File Explorer - New Shortcut With Custom Path On Taskbar - Opens New Icon On...: In windows 11 i created a new shortcut for File Explorer like below : %SYSTEMROOT%\explorer.exe /e,W:\My_FilesAfter creating this shortcut i dragged & dropped it to taskbar. Now when i click on it, It opens a new icon on taskbar instead of it's own icon. This is really...
  8. Location of File Explorer's pinned shortcuts in Taskbar

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Location of File Explorer's pinned shortcuts in Taskbar: I am looking for the location of the list of pinned File Explorer shortcuts on the Taskbar. When any of the pinned Taskbar programs are right-clicked, a list of "Recent" items appears. If any of those are pinned, a list above "Recent" appears called "Pinned". I am looking...
  9. File explorer slow in opening folder with shortcuts

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    File explorer slow in opening folder with shortcuts: Recently a change occured (after an update?). I have a folder containing only 6 shortcuts, linking to devices or to drives, connected to devices, in my home network. Opening this folder takes about 30 sec. It has to do with those shortcuts that link to drives, connected to...
  10. File Open\Windows Explorer Shortcut Problems

in Windows 10 Support
    File Open\Windows Explorer Shortcut Problems: Hi all, can't seem to find anything relating to this issue but feel free to send link if already discussed.. On my Outlook 2003 (Yes I know!), I often add/remove my pst archives via File>Data File Management. The 'Open' dialog opens and defaults to the...