Windows 10: File Explorer/Onedrive - Word and Excel Files not responding

Discus and support File Explorer/Onedrive - Word and Excel Files not responding in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I had been having trouble opening OneDrive Word and Excel files from File Explorer. A search led to this post: File Explorer - Word and Excel Files not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by D.C.W.D.C.W, Sep 29, 2021.

1. File Explorer/Onedrive - Word and Excel Files not responding

I had been having trouble opening OneDrive Word and Excel files from File Explorer. A search led to this post: File Explorer - Word and Excel Files not responding - Microsoft Community. My solution was to repair Office, as advised by the A. User post - https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Repair-an-Office-application-7821d4b6-7c1d-4205-aa0e-a6b40c5bb88b. I did the complete uninstall/reinstall of Office.

:)

D.C.W.D.C.W, Sep 29, 2021
  2. JackLocke Win User

File Explorer - Word and Excel Files not responding

When I open File Explorer I can see all my folders and documents. If, for example, I open a folder in One Drive and choose a word or excel file, it will not open. I get the message that the file folder is not responding. I am able to access the files
    by using Excel or Word. I am using Windows 10, 64 bit and Office 365.

JackLocke, Sep 29, 2021
  3. JackLocke Win User
    File Explorer - Word and Excel Files not responding

Thank you, I followed your advise and did the Unlink and signed back in. It
    did not fix the problem. If I access One Drive through File Explorer, and click on a word or excel document I get the message that the folder is not responding. It does let me access pictures and PDF files okay.

JackLocke, Sep 29, 2021
  4. File Explorer/Onedrive - Word and Excel Files not responding

excel file causes instability in "windows explorer"

When I open an excel file by double clicking on the name in windows explorer, the file opens OK but at the same

time, the explorer file list jumps up and down as it lists and de-lists the

excel temp file. It is very distracting. I can close the explorer window or

simply change to another folder. It occurs only on one of my computers and only on some excel files

It happens only with excel files and not with word or acrobat

Any suggestions where to look for the problem. We've reinstalled Office 10 and reset my windows profile. nothing helped so far.

Joel Trussell, Sep 29, 2021
Thema:

File Explorer/Onedrive - Word and Excel Files not responding

1. File Explorer/Onedrive - Word and Excel Files not responding - Similar Threads - File Explorer Onedrive

2. windows explorer pdf files are not previewing. Word, excel, and image files are.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows explorer pdf files are not previewing. Word, excel, and image files are.: In windows explorer my pdf files do not preview. Other files like word, excel, jpg do. Is there a solution for this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-explorer-pdf-files-are-not-previewing-word/28c79efd-ad67-487a-8741-58dc6542c31b
  3. windows explorer pdf files are not previewing. Word, excel, and image files are.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows explorer pdf files are not previewing. Word, excel, and image files are.: In windows explorer my pdf files do not preview. Other files like word, excel, jpg do. Is there a solution for this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-explorer-pdf-files-are-not-previewing-word/28c79efd-ad67-487a-8741-58dc6542c31b
  4. File Explorer Not Responding

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer Not Responding: I can't upload or attach anything from file explorer regardless of browser. I can open File Explorer on its own but it doesn't respond when I want to upload files online or attach files to email. I tried changing to Microsoft Edge and Opera, and it's still the same....
  5. File Explorer Not Responding

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer Not Responding: I can't upload or attach anything from file explorer regardless of browser. I can open File Explorer on its own but it doesn't respond when I want to upload files online or attach files to email. I tried changing to Microsoft Edge and Opera, and it's still the same....
  6. Why File Explorer stops responding whenever I click on a word or excel file ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why File Explorer stops responding whenever I click on a word or excel file ?: I am simply trying to open one of my Microsoft Word documents within the "Documents" folder, but whenever I just select the file, instantly, the "File Explorer" stops responding. This doesn't happen only for word files, but this problem takes place for excel files too. To...
  7. File explorer not responding with word docment

File explorer not responding with word docment: When I go to delete a word file in file explorer it freezes and says not responding however i can delete other files what can i do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-not-responding-with-word-docment/a4cac504-0bbe-4ce6-b642-1c0d7a85fb5b
  8. File explorer unable to open word documents not responding

File explorer unable to open word documents not responding: File Explorer is unable open Word documents - not responding message and forced to end task https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-unable-to-open-word-documents-not/df30e972-dcd2-4892-9a3e-8453dadc2b50"
  9. File Explorer - Word and Excel Files not responding

File Explorer - Word and Excel Files not responding: When I open File Explorer I can see all my folders and documents. If, for example, I open a folder in One Drive and choose a word or excel file, it will not open. I get the message that the file folder is not responding. I am able to access the files by using Excel or...
  10. OneDrive and File Explorer not responding

OneDrive and File Explorer not responding: I am working on a project with someone and we are storing files on OneDrive. Whenever I try to open or move any files into or out of a folder, I get the message "not responding". I tried resetting OneDrive and reinstalling OneDrive, but neither of those things worked....