Windows 10: File Explorer only Medium Icon shows icons and folders

Discus and support File Explorer only Medium Icon shows icons and folders in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My icons disappeared only in (Extra) Large Icons but all of the file and folder icons only appear in medium icon. Ive been trying to solve this by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by NatnatGaming101, Dec 1, 2018.

1. File Explorer only Medium Icon shows icons and folders

My icons disappeared only in (Extra) Large Icons but all of the file and folder icons only appear in medium icon. Ive been trying to solve this by searching through google but it didnt work. The files inside the folder disappeared too. File Explorer only Medium Icon shows icons and folders 09aedb96-503e-4a26-b4da-52dc3d69a604?upload=true.png File Explorer only Medium Icon shows icons and folders 46bb7aa1-c7c7-48c1-b066-b356d1c92764?upload=true.png

:)

NatnatGaming101, Dec 1, 2018

2. Files & Folders View as medium or large Icons

To assist you better, we would suggest that you try to follow the steps below:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Once you are viewing a folder, right click an empty space within the File Explorer window and select View from the dialogue menu, then choose Large or any icon you wanted to use. Alternatively, you can use the following shortcut keys on the keyboard to
      change your View settings:
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 1 Extra Large
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 2 Large icons
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 3 Medium Icons
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 4 Small Icons
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 5 List
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 6 Details
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 7 Tiles
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 8 Content
    3. Once you have the view set, you can make it the default view for

every folder.

4. Click Apply, then click OK.

Update us on the result.

Marivel Man, Dec 1, 2018
  3. wolf2009 Win User
    How to make vista display same icon size for all opened folders in explorer ?

i dont think this answers the question , how do i make all icons in all folders appear "Large Icons" .

thx tho .

wolf2009, Dec 1, 2018
  4. File Explorer only Medium Icon shows icons and folders

File Explorer not showing Extra large icons

Hi,

The icons might be set to appear in medium or small icons. For you to get extra large icons, follow these steps:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Right-click in an empty space and navigate to View > Extra large icons.

Let us know how it goes so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Dec 1, 2018
Thema:

File Explorer only Medium Icon shows icons and folders

1. File Explorer only Medium Icon shows icons and folders - Similar Threads - File Explorer Medium

2. Not showing desktop folder icon in File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Not showing desktop folder icon in File Explorer?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/RedPlammer [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/wmskhz/not_showing_desktop_folder_icon_in_file_explorer/
  3. Icon & Font Layout in File Explorer Medium View is broken

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icon & Font Layout in File Explorer Medium View is broken: Just reformatted my laptop. Clean install with the latest version of Windows. Carried out all updates and noticed that the spacing with the font isn't right. I asked a few friends online and some have this issue, some don't. I also have a Surface Pro where the issue isn't...
  4. Explorer Files and folders crashing and not showing Icons

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Explorer Files and folders crashing and not showing Icons: A. When searching no images show just icons B. Crashes when searching or coping files over C. Won't respond. I have run scf/scannow no errors, I have run ever DISM tool I can find, again, no errors. I have done a clean boot, and again no change. I have reset the files...
  5. Icons Not Showing only file name

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Icons Not Showing only file name: I know Microsoft word converts a pdf to editable word file..Now the issue I m facing 1. I opend the Word 2016 version 2. was browsing for a pdf file from my pc 3 .I noticed in the browsing search box while loading all the pdfs from user folder the icons were changing...
  6. Bad file preview in medium icons visualization

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bad file preview in medium icons visualization: Hi everyone, I noticed a boring problem in Windows 10. As you can see in the screenshot attached, the file icon preview in medium icons visualization (but it's the same in little and big ones) is bad: perimeter lines of the file are black in certain points and yellow in other...
  7. File Explorer Showing Blank Thumbnail on Medium/Large Icons Option.

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer Showing Blank Thumbnail on Medium/Large Icons Option.: this happened outa know where and havent found anyone else like this. ive tried every method out there http://prntscr.com/l2cgoh Already tried this method and also tried cleaning thumbnail files in my ssd and it just messes up my computer after i wipe then my computer gets...
  8. Thumbnails not showing (Extra Large Icons, Large, Medium....

in Windows 10 Support
    Thumbnails not showing (Extra Large Icons, Large, Medium....: hey guys, found this (finally) on the net: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...2e8ff86?auth=1http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...2e8ff86?auth=1 None of the solutions helped, except this one: [img] In reply to Pinaki Mohanty's post on April 6, 2013 I...
  9. Medium And Small Icons Together

in Windows 10 Support
    Medium And Small Icons Together: Hi: For some reason Windows 10 likes to display both “medium and small” icons together in the same folders. I have them set for medium but when I open a folder most of the icons are medium but one, two or three are small. Most of the time when I back out of the...
  10. Undeletable Folder Icon in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Undeletable Folder Icon in File Explorer: I’m using Windows 10 Home V.1607 OS Build 14393.1593. I recently installed Boxcryptor but later decided against it and uninstalled it, but I notice that a Boxcryptor icon is still shown in File Explorer (the 1st item after Desktop) in the Navigation Pane. It also appears in...