Windows 10: File Explorer open containing folder not highlighting selected item

Discus and support File Explorer open containing folder not highlighting selected item in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; In older versions of windows When i did a search and right click on a item and select open containing folder it used go straight to that item. But with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by audjack99aus8, Aug 4, 2015.

1. File Explorer open containing folder not highlighting selected item

In older versions of windows When i did a search and right click on a item and select open containing folder it used go straight to that item. But with windows it justs open the folder then you have to again for the same file.

Is there any way to get the old search functions back please.

Thanks*092

:)

audjack99aus8, Aug 4, 2015
  2. KenOates Win User

Unable to highlight files in File Explorer

When I open File Explorer, and navigate the folders in the left pane, they highlight. When I try to select a file or folder in the right hand pane they do not highlight. You can double click and the file of folder opens, but unless you are careful you
    cannot be sure which file you are actually opening.

KenOates, Aug 4, 2015
  3. mlg63 Win User
    Mouse double clicking

That is old school now. Hover to highlight and select, single click to open works for most of us. But if you really need double click--

Open File Explorer, Change Folder & Search Options, General Tab. More specific instructions--

Open Item by Single Click or Double Clicks on Windows 10

mlg63, Aug 4, 2015
Thema:

File Explorer open containing folder not highlighting selected item

1. File Explorer open containing folder not highlighting selected item - Similar Threads - File Explorer open

2. Does Shift-Select still highlight contiguous files in File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does Shift-Select still highlight contiguous files in File Explorer?: I used the command shift-select to select a range of files in File Explorer. Holding shift and selecting the first and last file in the range did not highlight the files in between. Does this function still work in Windows 11? Thank you....
  3. Does Shift-Select still highlight contiguous files in File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does Shift-Select still highlight contiguous files in File Explorer?: I used the command shift-select to select a range of files in File Explorer. Holding shift and selecting the first and last file in the range did not highlight the files in between. Does this function still work in Windows 11? Thank you....
  4. File explorer slow opening folder containing shortcuts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File explorer slow opening folder containing shortcuts: I have a folder lets call it folder AP that contains approximately 30 shortcuts to other folders located in a separate folder call it folder CJ; all of these folders are located on the same drive. The folder AP has a few files in it but it primarily contains shortcuts to...
  5. File explorer slow opening folder containing shortcuts

File explorer slow opening folder containing shortcuts: I have a folder lets call it folder AP that contains approximately 30 shortcuts to other folders located in a separate folder call it folder CJ; all of these folders are located on the same drive. The folder AP has a few files in it but it primarily contains shortcuts to...
  6. File explorer slow opening folder containing shortcuts

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. File explorer - selecting files = opening files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File explorer - selecting files = opening files: HiI do wish you could look at the usability of various things, File Explorer being one of them. When in any of the various views, the rounded edge check boxes so bloomin' tiny!! You could use Magnifier - but it really doesn't help - if I've got two instances of Explorer...
  8. File explorer - selecting files = opening files

File explorer - selecting files = opening files: HiI do wish you could look at the usability of various things, File Explorer being one of them. When in any of the various views, the rounded edge check boxes so bloomin' tiny!! You could use Magnifier - but it really doesn't help - if I've got two instances of Explorer...
  9. How to change highlighting color on folder selection windows 10 in file explorer?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to change highlighting color on folder selection windows 10 in file explorer?: [ATTACH] I use dark windows theme, and my file highlighting color is grey - it is very hard to see for me on black background. https://preview.redd.it/ifqtfqn87df51.png?width=603&format=png&auto=webp&s=38935002bc784732ac884504f9c206d41b9ec7ef I wanna chenge highlighting...
  10. Change Windows 10 File Explorer items Highlight colors

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change Windows 10 File Explorer items Highlight colors: When I open File Explorer in Windows 10, using the dark theme, I want the colors of highlighted items to be different. Previous versions of Windows allowed much more granular customization of environmental items. Those options seem to be gone. When I click on an item in a...