Windows 10: File explorer opening automatically on startup in Windows 10

Discus and support File explorer opening automatically on startup in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How do I prevent file explorer from opening automaticaly on startup in windows 10? File explorer is not listed in my task manager so I cannot disable... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Susan_345, Dec 2, 2020.

1. Susan_345 Win User

File explorer opening automatically on startup in Windows 10

How do I prevent file explorer from opening automaticaly on startup in windows 10? File explorer is not listed in my task manager so I cannot disable it there.

:)

Susan_345, Dec 2, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 2, 2020
  3. RicVittum Win User
    File Explorer Windows 10 - How do you stop it from opening at startup

That's not Windows 10. Mine opens that stupid window at the startup, and checking the startup folder, there is NO item there saying Files Explorer. That was no help at all.

RicVittum, Dec 2, 2020
  4. File explorer opening automatically on startup in Windows 10

File Explorer Windows 10 - How do you stop it from opening at startup

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I would suggest you to open the task manager and disable the file explorer from there. Follow the below steps:

1. Open the Task Manager.

2. Go to startup tab.

3. See if Files Explorer is listed there. If yes, right click and
    disable
    it.

Now check for the issue.

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Annu Singh, Dec 2, 2020
Thema:

File explorer opening automatically on startup in Windows 10

1. File explorer opening automatically on startup in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - File explorer opening

2. File explorer automatically opens

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File explorer automatically opens: Yes, i would like to know how to stop my file explorer to open up whenever i open my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-automatically-opens/e46b39ed-2e4c-4647-a870-2a9f5d6355af
  3. File explorer automatically opens

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File explorer automatically opens: Yes, i would like to know how to stop my file explorer to open up whenever i open my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-automatically-opens/e46b39ed-2e4c-4647-a870-2a9f5d6355af
  4. Desktop.ini file opens automatically on startup in Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    Desktop.ini file opens automatically on startup in Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]You may encounter the issue whereby Command Prompt keeps popping up or This PC or Documents Folder opens automatically at startup in Windows 11 or Windows 10 PC. In this post, we offer suggestions you can try to rectify the anomaly if when you start Windows, the...
  5. How to automatically open an excel file on startup?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to automatically open an excel file on startup?: I have been trying to find this on the internet, but my search criteria are probably not specific enough. Can someone please explain how to do this? Thank you. submitted by /u/KittyPitty [link] [comments]...
  6. File explorer automatically opening Windows Explorer - how to change back

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File explorer automatically opening Windows Explorer - how to change back: I must have inadvertently changed a setting, since up until today whenever I opened File Explorer it would show the folers/files in File Explorer the manila folder icon, but now it's automatically opening everything in Windows Explorer instead. I know it's a nit, but anyone...
  7. File Explorer always opens on startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File Explorer always opens on startup: My windows file explorer always opens on startup, and I cannot get it to stop. It always pulls up on the OneDrive Files (not sure if that is relevant). I cannot find a way to get it to not open. Any help?...
  8. File explorer auto open at startup of windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File explorer auto open at startup of windows: till yesterday everything was ok but today suddenly when I start windows File explorer open automatically without any command, I did restart system thrice but same was happening. How do I remove this auto open of file explorer when I start windows. 37862
  9. File Explorer opens at Windows 10 startup

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer opens at Windows 10 startup: I recently installed the November update on my computer and now the File Explorer runs at every start up. How can I go disable this and go back to normal? 34511
  10. Startup opening infinite file explorer folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Startup opening infinite file explorer folders: If you can navigate the computer in Windows, Go to Settings/Update and Security/Recovery/Advance Startup/Restart Now. Try to restart in Safe Mode. You can also try to do a System Restore to a time before this happened. If you can't navigate the computer in Windows, do you...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. automatic start of file explorer solv

2. file explorer on boot

3. explorers.lnk opens at startup

4. My pc keeps opening folders at start-up,
  5. File Explorer open automatically when windows start,
  6. why file explore load automatically when pc is open,
  7. windows explore start automatically and solution for this,
  8. stop file explorer opening on startup