Windows 10: File explorer opening new windows everytime

Discus and support File explorer opening new windows everytime in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I was having a problem with the file explorer on my Windows 10 64-bit Pro. Usually I keep lots of folders inside my Downloads folder (the one... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Wiss, Mar 6, 2016.

1. Wiss Win User

File explorer opening new windows everytime

Hello, I was having a problem with the file explorer on my Windows 10 64-bit Pro. Usually I keep lots of folders inside my Downloads folder (the one located inside my user folder).

Everytime I access the Downloads folder from the quick access menu, and then access a subfolder, it will open two new windows with that folder open. And if I want to search for a file inside that subfolder, a new window will open. So basically, if I want to search for a file on a subfolder inside Downloads, I will have 3 more windows, which is very annoying.

This problem does not appear with any other folder located in the quick access.

I have made some research on the problem. I had tried with the "Launch folder windows in a separate process" on and off. Also the "open all folders in the same window" is checked. None of these options worked. Also I tried the sfc /scannow command but no issues were discovered.

On the research I discovered that Photoshop 2015 CC might cause the issue. On their forums it is suggested to delete some keys on the registry. For some people that worked but not for me. Here is the link for that thread.

Photoshop CC 2015 Export As Desktop folder bug | Adobe Community

The strangest thing is that if I access the Downloads folder not from the quick access everything works normally.

Any further ideas? Thanks in advance

:)

Wiss, Mar 6, 2016

2. File Explorer has gone crazy after last nights upgrade.

My only has icons instead of full descriptions. I can not get back to a point where I have tabs that actually say something. Please tell me how to get my view repaired? help... Help.... HELP!!!

File Explorer, Mar 6, 2016
  3. B.Ferrari Win User
    Syncronization endless

I have QTEK A9100.

I have an additional information, everytime I open My Pictures folder (to let me see the files) on my device, using Notebook's Explorer, Explorer freezes. If I copy my device's pictures in a new device folder's I can open and see the files using Notebook's
    Explorer.

Sometimes I can copy a small file like Notepad files to my Notebook, but when I try a huge file Explorer freezes.

B.Ferrari, Mar 6, 2016
Thema:

File explorer opening new windows everytime

1. File explorer opening new windows everytime - Similar Threads - File explorer opening

2. Open 2 file explorer windows

in Windows 10 Support
    Open 2 file explorer windows: Often I find the need to have these 2 windows open and I have not been able to do so on win10. I'm sure there is a way - pls show me. Thanks. 123914
  3. Windows File Explorer Opening Randomly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows File Explorer Opening Randomly: Edition: Windows 10 Home Version 1803 OS Build 17134.345 Affecting two machines. Two instances of File Explorer just randomly opens. Problem seen on a desktop with OS installed on 7/16/2018 - the kicker, I just installed windows 10 on a Dell Inspiron 13 5000 series...
  4. Taskbar refreshes everytime I open the File Explorer within an application/browser.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Taskbar refreshes everytime I open the File Explorer within an application/browser.: So, first off, this supposed glitch is present since the days of Windows 7, so it's not only me or my computer. In fact, this occured on every Windows PC I have used or seen. Say, I want to save or insert a file from/into a browser or Discord/Skype, or open an image in...
  5. BSOD everytime open browser

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD everytime open browser: Hi, as title, i try uninstall the driver ( AMD ) but everytime restart it auto install. i already disable window update but still keep getting BSOD. please find attach file. thank you. 41731
  6. File Explorer slow to open or will not open

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer slow to open or will not open: Quite often (60% of the time) clicking on Windows Explorer results in no action whether from the tool bar or from the Windows screen for a very long period of time. There is nothing showing to determine if there is a background program causing Explorer to wait. When it...
  7. File Explorer multiple windows opening

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer multiple windows opening: A new glitch has developed in my Win 10 file explorer. Whenever I attempt to select multiple files in a row, in order to move them, no matter how careful I am multiple windows open for each file. As I have over 2000 files to move from one network computer to another this has...
  8. Opening multiple files in file explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Opening multiple files in file explorer: Windows 10. I no longer am able to open more than one jpg file in Photoshop Elements 14 (so maybe this is a PE problem as don't have a problem with Word or Excel files?) If I select more than one it will open every one except the first one selected (usually though seems a bit...
  9. File explorer problem - searching opens new window

in Windows 10 Support
    File explorer problem - searching opens new window: Whenever I start to type in the search field, I never get to finish typing because explorer opens a new window right away after the first character. EDIT: Also, double clicking folders opens a new window as well. 37457
  10. "Cannot open file -a" / explorer opens

in Windows 10 Support
    "Cannot open file -a" / explorer opens: Hello, I keep getting this error when Windows 10 boots to desktop, when I close it opens file explorer. Any ideas what's this mysterious "-a" file is? 97243