Windows 10: File explorer opening new windows everytime

Discus and support File explorer opening new windows everytime in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I was having a problem with the file explorer on my Windows 10 64-bit Pro. Usually I keep lots of folders inside my Downloads folder (the one... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Wiss, Mar 6, 2016.

1. Wiss Win User

File explorer opening new windows everytime

Hello, I was having a problem with the file explorer on my Windows 10 64-bit Pro. Usually I keep lots of folders inside my Downloads folder (the one located inside my user folder).

Everytime I access the Downloads folder from the quick access menu, and then access a subfolder, it will open two new windows with that folder open. And if I want to search for a file inside that subfolder, a new window will open. So basically, if I want to search for a file on a subfolder inside Downloads, I will have 3 more windows, which is very annoying.

This problem does not appear with any other folder located in the quick access.

I have made some research on the problem. I had tried with the "Launch folder windows in a separate process" on and off. Also the "open all folders in the same window" is checked. None of these options worked. Also I tried the sfc /scannow command but no issues were discovered.

On the research I discovered that Photoshop 2015 CC might cause the issue. On their forums it is suggested to delete some keys on the registry. For some people that worked but not for me. Here is the link for that thread.

Photoshop CC 2015 Export As Desktop folder bug | Adobe Community

The strangest thing is that if I access the Downloads folder not from the quick access everything works normally.

Any further ideas? Thanks in advance

:)

Wiss, Mar 6, 2016

2. File Explorer has gone crazy after last nights upgrade.

My only has icons instead of full descriptions. I can not get back to a point where I have tabs that actually say something. Please tell me how to get my view repaired? help... Help.... HELP!!!

File Explorer, Mar 6, 2016
  3. B.Ferrari Win User
    Syncronization endless

I have QTEK A9100.

I have an additional information, everytime I open My Pictures folder (to let me see the files) on my device, using Notebook's Explorer, Explorer freezes. If I copy my device's pictures in a new device folder's I can open and see the files using Notebook's
    Explorer.

Sometimes I can copy a small file like Notepad files to my Notebook, but when I try a huge file Explorer freezes.

B.Ferrari, Mar 6, 2016
Thema:

File explorer opening new windows everytime

1. File explorer opening new windows everytime - Similar Threads - File explorer opening

2. Crashes everytime open explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Crashes everytime open explorer: Hello I am using this version Edition :Windows 11 Home Insider Preview Single Language Version :22H2 Install :04/‎07/‎2023 Build OS :23493.1000 Serial :MP28F0YZ Experience :Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.23493.1000.0 Everytime i try access windows explorer Windows+E, my...
  3. Crashes everytime open explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Crashes everytime open explorer: Hello I am using this version Edition :Windows 11 Home Insider Preview Single Language Version :22H2 Install :04/‎07/‎2023 Build OS :23493.1000 Serial :MP28F0YZ Experience :Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.23493.1000.0 Everytime i try access windows explorer Windows+E, my...
  4. File explorer opens folders in new windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File explorer opens folders in new windows: Build 22621.730Hi everyone, I'm experiencing this issue since I updated Windows 11 to the current version. I can finally use tabs in file explorer and that's a wonderful thing. However, every time I double click a folder, file explorer decides to open it in a new window.I...
  5. File explorer opens folders in new windows

File explorer opens folders in new windows: Build 22621.730Hi everyone, I'm experiencing this issue since I updated Windows 11 to the current version. I can finally use tabs in file explorer and that's a wonderful thing. However, every time I double click a folder, file explorer decides to open it in a new window.I...
  6. Opening a new File Explorer Window in W11

Opening a new File Explorer Window in W11: HiIn W10, I can open a new File Explorer window by hitting File -> Open New Window.In W11 there appear to be no equivalent option under the "New" menu; to open a new Explorer window you need to either use the keyboard shortcut or right click on the start panel icon; this is...
  7. Everytime i open a exe file explorer crashes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Everytime i open a exe file explorer crashes: Hello! whenever i open exe file my file explorers stops and i cant click anythinh after 1 hour or so it runs the exe files which if i try to force close using task maganger EXPLORER It blacks out my screen and i got to restart any resolve? if so please reply thanks!...
  8. Everytime i open a exe file explorer crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Everytime i open a exe file explorer crashes: Hello! whenever i open exe file my file explorers stops and i cant click anythinh after 1 hour or so it runs the exe files which if i try to force close using task maganger EXPLORER It blacks out my screen and i got to restart any resolve? if so please reply thanks!...
  9. Everytime i open a exe file explorer crashes

10. How to open File Explorer in new window?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to open File Explorer in new window?: On my Windows 10 desktop when I click the File Explorer icon on the taskbar, it opens a new window - as in the attached screenshots. If I click File Explorer again it opens another new window, and so on. [ATTACH] [ATTACH] My question is - how do I enable this behaviour...