Windows 10: File Explorer opens at Windows 10 startup

Discus and support File Explorer opens at Windows 10 startup in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I recently installed the November update on my computer and now the File Explorer runs at every start up. How can I go disable this and go back to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by okcancel, Dec 19, 2015.

1. okcancel Win User

File Explorer opens at Windows 10 startup

I recently installed the November update on my computer and now the File Explorer runs at every start up. How can I go disable this and go back to normal?

:)

okcancel, Dec 19, 2015
  2. Mikem564 Win User

File Explorer opens at startup

It turned out to be a setting. It was seeing it as a new drive and was set to open and view contents. I changed it to do nothing and it hasn't happened since.

Mikem564, Dec 19, 2015
  3. Yolvi Ell Win User
    File Explorer opens at startup

Hi Ellis,

The AutoPlay settings can be changed to manage the behavior of your computer whenever it detects that a new external drive or memory card has been connected. Here are the steps to do so:

• Click Start.
    • Type AutoPlay Settings and press Enter.
    • Under Choose AutoPlay defaults, select the option you want for removable drives and memory cards.
    For example, if you plug a USB drive to your computer and the AutoPlay pop-up appears, then the AutoPlay default is set to
    Ask me every time. If you choose Take no action, then this pop-up won't show up anymore. If it's set to
    Open folder to view files (File Explorer), then a File Explorer window will automatically open up each time you plug in a USB drive.

Let us know if you need more help with the AutoPlay settings on your computer.

Yolvi Ell, Dec 19, 2015
  4. dalchina New Member

dalchina, Dec 20, 2015
Thema:

1. File Explorer opens at Windows 10 startup - Similar Threads - File Explorer opens

2. Windows Explorer opening twice on startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Explorer opening twice on startup: For some reason about 2 weeks ago my PC started opening explorer.exe twice on every startup and it's causing a massive drop in performance, which I've noticed quite a lot in videogames that become unplayable and photoshop that keeps crashing. Even though I can just close it...
  3. Windows Explorer opening twice on startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Explorer opening twice on startup: For some reason about 2 weeks ago my PC started opening explorer.exe twice on every startup and it's causing a massive drop in performance, which I've noticed quite a lot in videogames that become unplayable and photoshop that keeps crashing. Even though I can just close it...
  4. Windows 10 File Explorer opens Windows Explorer?

Windows 10 File Explorer opens Windows Explorer?: My hard drive crashed and I'm starting over with a new installation of everything. What I noticed is that when I'm in Windows 10 File Explorer and right-click on a folder or drive Quick Access and This PC behave the same and click "Open in new window", Windows Explorer opens...
  5. Windows 10 File Explorer opens Windows Explorer?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 File Explorer opens Windows Explorer?: My hard drive crashed and I'm starting over with a new installation of everything. What I noticed is that when I'm in Windows 10 File Explorer and right-click on a folder or drive Quick Access and This PC behave the same and click "Open in new window", Windows Explorer opens...
  6. File explorer opening automatically on startup in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    File explorer opening automatically on startup in Windows 10: How do I prevent file explorer from opening automaticaly on startup in windows 10? File explorer is not listed in my task manager so I cannot disable it there....
  7. Windows Explorer always open on startup.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Explorer always open on startup.: I recently swapped out my motherboard for a newer one. I didn't reinstall Windows 10 on my HDD as I have many apps installed and didn't want to reinstall and reconfigure everything again. It all went smoothly and system runs well all except for one strange issue. On every...
  8. File Explorer always opens on startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File Explorer always opens on startup: My windows file explorer always opens on startup, and I cannot get it to stop. It always pulls up on the OneDrive Files (not sure if that is relevant). I cannot find a way to get it to not open. Any help?...
  9. File explorer auto open at startup of windows

File explorer auto open at startup of windows: till yesterday everything was ok but today suddenly when I start windows File explorer open automatically without any command, I did restart system thrice but same was happening. How do I remove this auto open of file explorer when I start windows. 37862
  10. Startup opening infinite file explorer folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Startup opening infinite file explorer folders: If you can navigate the computer in Windows, Go to Settings/Update and Security/Recovery/Advance Startup/Restart Now. Try to restart in Safe Mode. You can also try to do a System Restore to a time before this happened. If you can't navigate the computer in Windows, do you...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. wondows 1 file.explorer opens at startip

2. file explorer opens at startup

3. file explorer opens on startup in windows 10

4. File Explorer opens at Windows 10 startup