Windows 10: File explorer opens to quick access and weird layout. How do I get back to the default...

Discus and support File explorer opens to quick access and weird layout. How do I get back to the default... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Sean_Owe [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hs1mtu/file_explorer_opens_to_quick_access_and_weird/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Sean_Owe, Jul 15, 2020.

1. File explorer opens to quick access and weird layout. How do I get back to the default...

/u/Sean_Owe, Jul 15, 2020
  2. Mark Ole Win User

Quick Access Crashes Explorer

Hi Bill,

Quick Access is a new feature in Windows 10 File Explorer navigation pane which helps users quickly navigate to locations which are frequently used. However, if you're having issues with Quick Access, you can try to disable and enable it. To disable Quick
    Access, follow these steps:

• Type File Explorer Option in the search box.
    • Click on File Explorer Options.
    • Under General tab, choose This PC in the Open File Explorer to: drop down menu.
    • Uncheck Show recently used files in Quick access and
      Show frequently use folders in Quick access.
    • Click Apply an OK.
    • Restart the computer and re-enable Quick access.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested troubleshooting steps.

Mark Ole, Jul 15, 2020
  3. Eric Ber Win User
    File Explorer - Quick Access unpinned folders.. cant get rid of them.

Hi,

The folders that are pinned on your Quick Access are the one that you have previously opened. To resolve this, kindly follow the steps below to clear File Explorer history of your Quick Access:

• Right click on the Quick Access.
    • Click Options.
    • Click Clear besides the Clear File Explorer history.
    • Click OK.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Eric Ber, Jul 15, 2020
  4. JimWiz1 Win User

File explorer opens to quick access and weird layout. How do I get back to the default...

How do you get file explorer to open libraries by default ?

OK, sorry I misunderstood your question. This PC and Quick Access are all the show up in the Open File Explorer to: Folder Options.

File explorer opens to quick access and weird layout. How do I get back to the default... [​IMG]

JimWiz1, Jul 15, 2020
Thema:

File explorer opens to quick access and weird layout. How do I get back to the default...

1. File explorer opens to quick access and weird layout. How do I get back to the default... - Similar Threads - File explorer opens

2. How can I make File Explorer to default to Quick Access when saving a file?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I make File Explorer to default to Quick Access when saving a file?: How can I make File Explorer to default to Quick Access when saving a file?When I want to save a file, I get this File Explorer window:It defaults to a D:\ drive, as you can see.Is it possible to make it default to Quick Access?Setting “Open file explorer to: Quick Access”...
  3. How can I make File Explorer to default to Quick Access when saving a file?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I make File Explorer to default to Quick Access when saving a file?: How can I make File Explorer to default to Quick Access when saving a file?When I want to save a file, I get this File Explorer window:It defaults to a D:\ drive, as you can see.Is it possible to make it default to Quick Access?Setting “Open file explorer to: Quick Access”...
  4. How can I make File Explorer to default to Quick Access when saving a file?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How do I get File Explorer back?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get File Explorer back?: I installed something on my laptop to ungroup the windows 11 icons, it broke my whole OS. Safe Mode still has the same issue of File Explorer restart looping. It was from This Forum. Any help to solving the issue quickly would be appreciated! It was from Sumit D or whatever...
  6. How do I get File Explorer back?

How do I get File Explorer back?: I installed something on my laptop to ungroup the windows 11 icons, it broke my whole OS. Safe Mode still has the same issue of File Explorer restart looping. It was from This Forum. Any help to solving the issue quickly would be appreciated! It was from Sumit D or whatever...
  7. how to enable quick access back again in file explorer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to enable quick access back again in file explorer?: Before the current update we can view folders in the file explorer , not only from Quick Access but also from This PC , but this update just removed all the folders from file explorer and we have to pin all folders and drives to quick access to view all together . Is there...
  8. how to enable quick access back again in file explorer?

how to enable quick access back again in file explorer?: Before the current update we can view folders in the file explorer , not only from Quick Access but also from This PC , but this update just removed all the folders from file explorer and we have to pin all folders and drives to quick access to view all together . Is there...
  9. How do I get File Explorer back to how it was?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I get File Explorer back to how it was?: I recently had to download TreeSize to help check on what I thought was an issue but turned out to be nothing. However, when I installed it it messed up how my File Explorer looks. Even after uninstalling my File Explorer looks the same. How do I fix this?...
  10. How do you get file explorer to open libraries by default ?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do you get file explorer to open libraries by default ?: I'm used to working with quite a few libraries in W8.1 and would like file explorer in W10 to directly go to the libraries view if possible rather than the 'quick access' screen. Can it be done ? 7180