Windows 10: File Explorer opens when exiting fullscreen applications with ALT+TAB

Discus and support File Explorer opens when exiting fullscreen applications with ALT+TAB in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I am on Windows 10, and since yesterday, every time I use ALT+TAB to come back to my desktop from a fullscreen application, a file explorer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TomHublin, Mar 26, 2020.

1. TomHublin Win User

File Explorer opens when exiting fullscreen applications with ALT+TAB

Hello,

I am on Windows 10, and since yesterday, every time I use ALT+TAB to come back to my desktop from a fullscreen application, a file explorer opens up for no reason.

Thanks in advance !

:)

TomHublin, Mar 26, 2020

2. alt + tab not working

Just found a really cool way to make alt+tab INSTANT!!!

In the launch options write the following: -windowed -noborder

File Explorer opens when exiting fullscreen applications with ALT+TAB Capture122.jpg

This play exactly the same as fullscreen but now you dont have to wait 30 f*@!ing seconds to alt+tab back in!

Also you don't get the little purple/black checkered effect (only in Source games) from alt+tabbing in fullscreen.

oli_ramsay, Mar 26, 2020
  3. Black Screen issue for Exclusive Fullscreen mode when exiting or Alt+Tab to Desktop

I have seen a lot of articles but i didnt see a solution by microsoft...win 10 are used by a lot of gamers...alt tabbing/exiting on fullscreen is such a huge problem..i need a permanent solution..i cant keep turning off/on my monitor.

ApostolosLianopoulos, Mar 26, 2020
  4. cjb4 Win User

Select Desktops to Show Open Windows in ALT+TAB in Windows 10

Am I missing something. In 10 Alt+Tab no longer switches between the desktop and open applications. You need to perform an extra step to get to the desktop

Thema:

1. File Explorer opens when exiting fullscreen applications with ALT+TAB - Similar Threads - File Explorer opens

2. How to fix File Explorer opening when exiting Fullscreen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix File Explorer opening when exiting Fullscreen: Whenever I F11 any app File Explorer just opens. I already tried updating my GPU drivers from GeForce experience and using DISM and sfc. It's really annoying as I frequently press F11....
  3. How to fix File Explorer opening when exiting Fullscreen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to fix File Explorer opening when exiting Fullscreen: Whenever I F11 any app File Explorer just opens. I already tried updating my GPU drivers from GeForce experience and using DISM and sfc. It's really annoying as I frequently press F11....
  4. Explorer Apps Pops up when exiting from A Fullscreen Application

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Explorer Apps Pops up when exiting from A Fullscreen Application: Hello, I am using windows 10 ,and while I am Playing Fortnite or any Fullscreen Games or Application when I exit the fullscreen mode it just opens File explorer for No reason I am currently running windows 10 21h2 I updated to 21h2 about 2 weeks ago and got cumulative update...
  5. Explorer Apps Pops up when exiting from A Fullscreen Application

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Explorer Apps Pops up when exiting from A Fullscreen Application: Hello, I am using windows 10 ,and while I am Playing Fortnite or any Fullscreen Games or Application when I exit the fullscreen mode it just opens File explorer for No reason I am currently running windows 10 21h2 I updated to 21h2 about 2 weeks ago and got cumulative update...
  6. Alt + tab fullscreen behaviour

in Windows 10 Customization
    Alt + tab fullscreen behaviour: Hi there,Alt tabbing out of a full screen application media player into something windowed loses focus, e.g. alt tabbing from a fullscreen media player into a web browser or Windows Explorer means that keyboard shortcuts won't work until I actually click the window to focus...
  7. Alt + tab into fullscreen behaviour

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Alt + tab into fullscreen behaviour: Hi there,Alt tabbing out of a full screen application media player into something windowed loses focus, e.g. alt tabbing from a fullscreen media player into a web browser or Windows Explorer means that keyboard shortcuts won't work until I actually click the window to focus...
  8. Unable to exit fullscreen applications

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to exit fullscreen applications: All of a sudden my computer became unable to exit out of full screen applications. When I press windows key and a number, I can see the apps that corresponds to it but I have to keep the windows key pressed or I will exit back to the full screen application. When I am stuck...
  9. How to ALT+Tab when fullscreen optimisation is off?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to ALT+Tab when fullscreen optimisation is off?: Can someone tell me how can I Alt+Tab when I have fullscreen optimization disabled for an application? submitted by /u/Shraman265 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/llnbbq/how_to_alttab_when_fullscreen_optimisation_is_off/
  10. Computer freezes whenever exiting or alt+tabbing a fullscreen game

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer freezes whenever exiting or alt+tabbing a fullscreen game: the games themselves run completely fine, no issues, but whenever i switch tabs or exit to desktop, my entire computer freezes, and i have to restart it. This happens mostly with csgo, valorant, and r6 siege, which are games i happen to play alot, and its really annoying to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. file explorer opening after exiting full screen