Windows 10: File Explorer opens when exiting fullscreen applications with ALT+TAB

Discus and support File Explorer opens when exiting fullscreen applications with ALT+TAB in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I am on Windows 10, and since yesterday, every time I use ALT+TAB to come back to my desktop from a fullscreen application, a file explorer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TomHublin, Mar 26, 2020 at 6:22 PM.

1. TomHublin Win User

File Explorer opens when exiting fullscreen applications with ALT+TAB

Hello,

I am on Windows 10, and since yesterday, every time I use ALT+TAB to come back to my desktop from a fullscreen application, a file explorer opens up for no reason.

Thanks in advance !

:)

2. alt + tab not working

Just found a really cool way to make alt+tab INSTANT!!!

In the launch options write the following: -windowed -noborder

File Explorer opens when exiting fullscreen applications with ALT+TAB Capture122.jpg

This play exactly the same as fullscreen but now you dont have to wait 30 f*@!ing seconds to alt+tab back in!

Also you don't get the little purple/black checkered effect (only in Source games) from alt+tabbing in fullscreen.

3. Black Screen issue for Exclusive Fullscreen mode when exiting or Alt+Tab to Desktop

I have seen a lot of articles but i didnt see a solution by microsoft...win 10 are used by a lot of gamers...alt tabbing/exiting on fullscreen is such a huge problem..i need a permanent solution..i cant keep turning off/on my monitor.

ApostolosLianopoulos, Mar 26, 2020 at 6:23 PM
  4. cjb4 Win User

Select Desktops to Show Open Windows in ALT+TAB in Windows 10

Am I missing something. In 10 Alt+Tab no longer switches between the desktop and open applications. You need to perform an extra step to get to the desktop

Thema:

1. File Explorer opens when exiting fullscreen applications with ALT+TAB - Similar Threads - File Explorer opens

2. Issue with alt+tab and fullscreen Chrome (video inside)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Issue with alt+tab and fullscreen Chrome (video inside): I've been having this issue for over a year and haven't been able to find anything for it on Google. When I have a Chrome window in fullscreen, 80% of the time it won't appear as a window when I alt+tab. Video here: https://v.redd.it/r4b6gzmhp9l41 This happens even if the...
  3. Alt + F4 Opening File Explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Alt + F4 Opening File Explorer: After the recent update my computer has decided that when I use Alt + F4 it will both switch tabs and also open file explorer on the quick access page. It is quite inconvenient and i would like to know how to stop it. Dunka...
  4. Edge, fullscreen videos and Alt-Tab

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Edge, fullscreen videos and Alt-Tab: Well met. When I play a video in fullscreen with any browser and I alt tab to a window, the video remains in fullscreen behind the new window, so if the window is small I can still see most of the video while attending to the other windows. In Edge, when I Alt-Tab, the...
  5. Weird alt-tab out of fullscreen games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird alt-tab out of fullscreen games.: So recently i have been playing rainbow six siege a lot but my experience has been kind of ruined by this weird alt tab that keeps happening. It usually happens when i flick fast and click. I think my cursor somehow does something even tho its fullscreen and ive been testing...
  6. win.explorer and other open windows change size when exiting fullscreen applications,and I...

in Windows 10 Customization
    win.explorer and other open windows change size when exiting fullscreen applications,and I...: Hi. When I close apps running in fullscreen-mode (youtube,most games...),all other open applications change their size and move to the upper left corner of the screen. It doesnt always happen but usually when running fullscreen apps in a different resolution than the native...
  7. Alt-Tabbing from Fullscreened games causes unaligned cursor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Alt-Tabbing from Fullscreened games causes unaligned cursor: So I noticed this when right after I downloaded Windows 10 that when I alt-tab from video games on fullscreen and alt-tab back in, my cursor will read slightly to the left of where it actually is on the screen. What I've noticed when I alt-tab is that all my maximized windows...
  8. BSOD watching YouTube fullscreen/exiting fullscreen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD watching YouTube fullscreen/exiting fullscreen: For like an half a year I have been getting blue screens, sometimes randomly when watching Youtube videoAttachment 113450s, sometimes exiting fullscreen and immediately doing something else, like going into another tab etc. I have tried to fix it by searching for the...
  9. Taskbar not visible whilst alt+tabbing in windowed (fullscreen) game

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar not visible whilst alt+tabbing in windowed (fullscreen) game: Evening all, As of just recently I had to install a fresh windows 10 OS on my alienware aurora R4 due to freezing issues. I had to install windows 8.1 provided with the pc when it was purchaed then upgrade to windows 10 because I couldn't get windows 10 onto a USB for a...
  10. Taskbar glitches when alt-tabbing

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar glitches when alt-tabbing: While this isn't a serious problem, it's definitely a hell of an annoyance. When I alt-tab from several full-screen games, such as League of Legends, this is the result, sometimes it differs. In the image below, you can clearly see that something's wrong with the taskbar. I...