Windows 10: File explorer opens when I try to open CMD

Discus and support File explorer opens when I try to open CMD in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; The title is pretty self-explanatory but I'll repeat it. When I type cmd in the windows search bar I get a small window that pops down really quick.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Rajivrocks, Mar 26, 2020.

1. File explorer opens when I try to open CMD

The title is pretty self-explanatory but I'll repeat it.

When I type cmd in the windows search bar I get a small window that pops down really quick. After that file explorer opens up. when I press WIN+R and type in CMD it does the same. When I open cmd with powershell I do get to see what it says. See image.

File explorer opens when I try to open CMD 2e164a24-6d97-49a5-b46b-d1229adaf21b?upload=true.png

This is what popus up when I open CMD in powershell and this is the same message I get when I try to open a terminal in lets say visual studio code.

I guess cmd runs the explorer command immediatly when it opens but I have no clue how this happend.

I thought it might be a virus for some odd reason, because I literally can't think of anything else so my antivirus is scanning atm.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Also, When I restarted my PC and ran CMD again it ran some lines of commands but I was to baffled to take a screenshot next time when I restart I'll screenshot it because it ran slow enough to take a screenshot of.

:)

Rajivrocks, Mar 26, 2020
  2. MrTuna141 Win User

Trying to open cmd but file explorer opens instead

When i try to open cmd or run a batch file, file explorer opens instead.

MrTuna141, Mar 26, 2020
  3. Ketxxx Win User
    opening .dds files with gimp

Simply, HOW? I got the DDS plugin but the POS wont open DDS files still. Can someone give me a step-by-step rundown of how to install the DDS plugin for gimp so I know if I'm missing something?

Ketxxx, Mar 26, 2020
  4. MrTuna141 Win User

File explorer opens when I try to open CMD

Trying to open cmd but file explorer opens instead

Hi,

When trying to open the batch file, a tiny window that contains the cmd window appears and quickly disappear, while at the same time opens up a file explorer window.

Not even trying to open cmd works, same thing happens.

MrTuna141, Mar 26, 2020
Thema:

File explorer opens when I try to open CMD

1. File explorer opens when I try to open CMD - Similar Threads - File explorer opens

2. When I try to open file explorer, it looks like it opens, but is minimized, but I am unable...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I try to open file explorer, it looks like it opens, but is minimized, but I am unable...: Why wont file explorer open. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-try-to-open-file-explorer-it-looks-like-it/2af9107c-f13e-4875-8cd6-f8662baf2b72
  3. file explorer doesnt open, restarts whenever i try to open it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    file explorer doesnt open, restarts whenever i try to open it: Whenever I try to open file explorer on my computer, it just restarts which I can see in task manager, and visually how everything freezes, taskbar disappears, start menu disappears, wallpaper goes black, then the things come back. I have tried manually restarting it from...
  4. file explorer doesnt open, restarts whenever i try to open it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    file explorer doesnt open, restarts whenever i try to open it: Whenever I try to open file explorer on my computer, it just restarts which I can see in task manager, and visually how everything freezes, taskbar disappears, start menu disappears, wallpaper goes black, then the things come back. I have tried manually restarting it from...
  5. File Explorer "not responding" when I try to open an Office file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer "not responding" when I try to open an Office file: I am unable to open any Office files from File Explorer. I can open them if I am within the applications itself, but not directly from the explorer. I am able to open non-Office related files such as Adobe PDFs, etc.. When I do try to open an office file it will show "not...
  6. Files no showing when I open file explorer but I can see them and open them when I try to...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Files no showing when I open file explorer but I can see them and open them when I try to...: Hi, I'm hopping someone can help me. When I go to file explorer, nothing shows, not even on the OS c file, is just blank. but when I open a program I can go to the open file option and I can see all my files are still on my computer and not corrumpted just not showing on...
  7. CMD opens randomly as I try to move files.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    CMD opens randomly as I try to move files.: Is this a normal process of windows when moving files but this time is showed the application. Thank you for your help! Edit: I was moving Hearthstone to a games folder I had made. submitted by /u/AquaTCG [link] [comments]...
  8. File Explorer stops working when I try to open a file installer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File Explorer stops working when I try to open a file installer: Fair warning here i am in no way proficient in windows so my apologies for vague/not well explained stuff. So i tried to download a aim trainer to get better at overwatch so i hit the download button and all that worked and it showed up in my downloads folder, but when i try...
  9. File Explorer not responding when I try or after opening document

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer not responding when I try or after opening document: Hello, I just bought a new notebook but after a week problem arise. Whenever I open document from File Explorer it became not responding. It happen when I tried and after opening document. I need to restart Explorer when I want to open document. Please help me and thank...
  10. Open cmd from file explorer with admin rights

in Windows 10 Support
    Open cmd from file explorer with admin rights: I managed to get cmd to always run as admin from start->cmd But running cmd this way always launch it at the windows/system32 directory. I need a way to run cmd in file explorer directly so that the current directory will be at the path I launched it but it is always...