Windows 10: File explorer opens when I try to open CMD

Discus and support File explorer opens when I try to open CMD in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; The title is pretty self-explanatory but I'll repeat it. When I type cmd in the windows search bar I get a small window that pops down really quick.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Rajivrocks, Mar 26, 2020 at 9:57 PM.

1. File explorer opens when I try to open CMD

The title is pretty self-explanatory but I'll repeat it.

When I type cmd in the windows search bar I get a small window that pops down really quick. After that file explorer opens up. when I press WIN+R and type in CMD it does the same. When I open cmd with powershell I do get to see what it says. See image.

File explorer opens when I try to open CMD 2e164a24-6d97-49a5-b46b-d1229adaf21b?upload=true.png

This is what popus up when I open CMD in powershell and this is the same message I get when I try to open a terminal in lets say visual studio code.

I guess cmd runs the explorer command immediatly when it opens but I have no clue how this happend.

I thought it might be a virus for some odd reason, because I literally can't think of anything else so my antivirus is scanning atm.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Also, When I restarted my PC and ran CMD again it ran some lines of commands but I was to baffled to take a screenshot next time when I restart I'll screenshot it because it ran slow enough to take a screenshot of.

:)

2. MrTuna141 Win User

Trying to open cmd but file explorer opens instead

When i try to open cmd or run a batch file, file explorer opens instead.

3. Ketxxx Win User
    opening .dds files with gimp

Simply, HOW? I got the DDS plugin but the POS wont open DDS files still. Can someone give me a step-by-step rundown of how to install the DDS plugin for gimp so I know if I'm missing something?

4. MrTuna141 Win User

File explorer opens when I try to open CMD

Trying to open cmd but file explorer opens instead

Hi,

When trying to open the batch file, a tiny window that contains the cmd window appears and quickly disappear, while at the same time opens up a file explorer window.

Not even trying to open cmd works, same thing happens.

Thema:

File explorer opens when I try to open CMD

1. File explorer opens when I try to open CMD - Similar Threads - File explorer opens

2. White flash when opening File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    White flash when opening File Explorer: 3f_Cyd86lu4 Whenever I open This PC (File Explorer), I see a momentary white window before it loads in dark mode. Never had this problem before. Recently, I was trying to remove some leftover files from the registry and I think after that, this has started to happen. I...
  3. File Explorer not responding when I try or after opening document

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer not responding when I try or after opening document: Hello, I just bought a new notebook but after a week problem arise. Whenever I open document from File Explorer it became not responding. It happen when I tried and after opening document. I need to restart Explorer when I want to open document. Please help me and thank...
  4. Explorer hangs when trying to open share

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Explorer hangs when trying to open share: I am trying to access a share on my desktop computer from my laptop. I can connect to the share and the share appears on the left hand side in Explorer, but Explorer hangs a lot when I try to get into the share or do other operations such as changing a folder name. Sometimes...
  5. File Explorer slow to open or will not open

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer slow to open or will not open: Quite often (60% of the time) clicking on Windows Explorer results in no action whether from the tool bar or from the Windows screen for a very long period of time. There is nothing showing to determine if there is a background program causing Explorer to wait. When it...
  6. Windows Explorer crashes when I open File Explorer

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows Explorer crashes when I open File Explorer: So whenever I click File Explorer on the taskbar or in the start menu, Windows Explorer crashes and I need to go into task manager and restart it. But if I click a folder on my desktop it doesn't crash? 56915
  7. Open Files Disappear When I Open Chrome, Chrome Disappears When I Open

in Windows 10 Support
    Open Files Disappear When I Open Chrome, Chrome Disappears When I Open: Hi, I just updated to W10. If I open several files/documents I get the icon in the taskbar (the bar at the bottom of the page), hover over it and see the documents that are open. I then open Chrome and the Chrome icon appears in the taskbar and the documents open icon...
  8. Open cmd from file explorer with admin rights

in Windows 10 Support
    Open cmd from file explorer with admin rights: I managed to get cmd to always run as admin from start->cmd But running cmd this way always launch it at the windows/system32 directory. I need a way to run cmd in file explorer directly so that the current directory will be at the path I launched it but it is always...
  9. "Cannot open file -a" / explorer opens

in Windows 10 Support
    "Cannot open file -a" / explorer opens: Hello, I keep getting this error when Windows 10 boots to desktop, when I close it opens file explorer. Any ideas what's this mysterious "-a" file is? 97243
  10. When double clicking a folder, cmd tries to run instead of opening it.

in Windows 10 Support
    When double clicking a folder, cmd tries to run instead of opening it.: When i try opening a folder, an error pops up. That's because cmd is my default action when double clicking. This all started after installing some Windows 10 updates. Can someone please tell me how to get rid of cmd on my context menu? it's really annoying!*Mad [img]...