Windows 10: File Explorer options

Discus and support File Explorer options in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I recently uninstalled and reinstalled Evernote, latest version. Evernote was in my list of choices when selecting a file and Send to. Evernote not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by IE99, Dec 8, 2018.

1. IE99 Win User

File Explorer options

I recently uninstalled and reinstalled Evernote, latest version.

Evernote was in my list of choices when selecting a file and Send to.

Evernote not in the list anymore.

Question:

How do I add choices in the Send to function?

Hope my question is clear.

Thank you.

Andre

:)

IE99, Dec 8, 2018

2. File Explorer

Hi Joyce,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Open File Explorer.
    • Click on view option.
    • Click on preview panel to turn it Off and On.

Hope this information helps. If you have any further queries related to Windows, let us know.
    We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Dec 8, 2018
  3. How to not separate pictures and videos in File Explorer?

Hi.

If Date Modified doesn't show on the options when you choose Sort by, we suggest that you perform this steps:

• In File Explorer, select the folder you want to have changes with.
    • Right-click and select Sort by.
    • Select More, then check if the Date modified option has a check mark.
    • Click OK, then try to perform again the steps provided by Acelyn Alc.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rachelle Gra, Dec 8, 2018
  4. Ahhzz Win User

File Explorer options

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 8, 2018
Thema:

File Explorer options

1. File Explorer options - Similar Threads - File Explorer options

2. Windows file explorer doesnt remember sort options

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows file explorer doesnt remember sort options: Hi, I have a few folders with a lot of powerpoint presentations, which I sort by total number of slides (the option is under "more" when I right click the menu). However, every time I close and reopen the window, the settings are gone and I have to do it all over again. Any...
  3. File explorer save options view

in Windows 10 Customization
    File explorer save options view: I just got upgraded to the new File Explorer. I am a photographer and a collector of images. I have hundreds of folders and subfolders. I know exactly where they are because they are listed alphabetically. Now with this File Explorer upgrade they are listed by date. I've...
  4. file explorer view options

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    file explorer view options: View layout options are not showing in file explorer. This means when looking at pictures I change the current selection, eg from large icon to extra large, or to details to see when the photos were downloaded from my camera. How can I restore the layout options?...
  5. How to open File Explorer Options in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to open File Explorer Options in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]This post will show you how to open Folder Options or File Explorer Options in Windows 10/8/7. File Explorer Options is referred to as Folder Options in Windows 8/7. Using the File Explorer Options, you can customize where File Explorer [...] This post How...
  6. Issues while using Sort by option in File Explorer

Issues while using Sort by option in File Explorer: I can't recall exactly when the issue began, but for the past while many files have been missing their "Sort by" columns. I only see the three tabs: "ascending," descending," and "choose columns." Clicking the "choose columns" opens up the checkbox menu as usual, but none of...
  7. Customize Ribbon options in File Explorer

Customize Ribbon options in File Explorer: [ATTACH] I have restricted access to folder options but still, there is Hidden Items Checkbox in the ribbon which is working. How can I restrict it or remove it from the ribbon?...
  8. file explorer search options set name to default

file explorer search options set name to default: The great majority of my file explorer searches are for names (as in file names/titles), so I'm always typing: name:this or name:that. Can I set "name" as the default way of searching? If I want to search for content I'll just, well, I'm not sure how to search for all...
  9. Missing print option in Windows 10 File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing print option in Windows 10 File Explorer: Using file explorer to browse directories, and right clicking the document, there is no print option! 40488
  10. Windows 10 file explorer, search,advanced options.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 file explorer, search,advanced options.: Windows 10 file explorer, search,advanced options. I have file contents unchecked. but still get results from within documents-pdf,odt,doc,etc.I have file indexing turned off. How do I just get names of files and folders? 26183