Windows 10: File explorer or mouse cursor

Discus and support File explorer or mouse cursor in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I open File explorer and just hovering over documents,downloads,videos,... etc. will make my cursor flicker between loading selecting and pointing and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by seedoeandro, Dec 15, 2018.

1. File explorer or mouse cursor

I open File explorer and just hovering over documents,downloads,videos,... etc. will make my cursor flicker between loading selecting and pointing and i've even spam clicked not on a file but just a blank page and that has made it even worse it opened windows media player. I shut windows media player down and have been searching tirelessly for a solution.
    I don't what is causing this i've even searched for virus or malware and non of them caused it. Also i cant access my pictures or music and when i open it sound glitchy and my pictures cant even open. Please help me ?

:)

seedoeandro, Dec 15, 2018
  2. Argel Obm Win User

No mouse cursor

Hi,

It is possible that the system did not recognize the mouse of your computer after it booted up. This can be the reason why you do not see the mouse cursor. Kindly perform a power cycle to refresh the power of the computer. To do this, follow these steps:

• Shutdown the computer.
    • After shutting it down, remove the battery (if you're using a laptop) and disconnect the computer from the charger.
    • Wait for 1 minute.
    • After 1 minute, attach the battery and turn on the computer.
    • Check if you will see the mouse cursor.

Let us know how it goes.

Argel Obm, Dec 15, 2018
  3. OneMoar Win User
    Problems with mouse cursor lockup.

take the canned air to it with gusto and see what happens
    I used to burn though a mouse every year back when Played competitive quake 3 and it s mods

OneMoar, Dec 15, 2018
  4. File explorer or mouse cursor

Mouse Cursor and pad cursor - Acer Aspire Lap Top.

Hi Tess,

Based on the description that you mentioned, you're having challenges controlling the mouse cursor. It looks like we will need more information about your concern in order to give the most appropriate advice. As such, please answer the following questions:

• Did make any changes to your computer prior to this issue (e.g. updating Windows operating system, hardware changes, etc.)?
    • Can you please tell us more description of the behavior of the mouse cursor?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you refer to the link below for helpful tips and steps on how you can resolve this issue:

Mouse, touchpad, and keyboard problems in Windows

We also suggest that you update the drivers in
    Windows 10
    as this process will apply new features and fixes that are essential to your hardware drivers.

We're looking forward to your response.

Lawrence Lib, Dec 15, 2018
Thema:

File explorer or mouse cursor

1. File explorer or mouse cursor - Similar Threads - File explorer mouse

2. cursor dropping to bottom of file explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    cursor dropping to bottom of file explorer: I am constantly frustrated by a cursor that is near the top of the screen when I open File Explorer, then as I begin to navigate the cursor will drop all the way to the bottom of my files. It doesn't seem like this would be a problem to fix but it has been ongoing for several...
  3. cursor dropping to bottom of file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cursor dropping to bottom of file explorer: I am constantly frustrated by a cursor that is near the top of the screen when I open File Explorer, then as I begin to navigate the cursor will drop all the way to the bottom of my files. It doesn't seem like this would be a problem to fix but it has been ongoing for several...
  4. cursor dropping to bottom of file explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Microsoft Touch Explorer Mouse cursor not moving

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Touch Explorer Mouse cursor not moving: I have a touch explorer 1490 wireless mouse. When I connect the Bluetooth receiver to the laptop it gets connected. I can see the blue light "on". The problem is that the cursor doesn't move on the screen when I move the mouse, weirdly the buttons, scrolling all work fine. I...
  6. Mouse cursor file missing/corrupted

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mouse cursor file missing/corrupted: Hi, Recently I noticed that I am not able to change my cursor. I went to personalize>Themes>Mouse cursor. When I clicked on "Mouse cursor" this error message pops up. I remembered that at the first day when I bought my PC I used to change my cursor into black. But no such...
  7. File explorer and mouse cursor not working as expected

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File explorer and mouse cursor not working as expected: I open File explorer and just hovering over documents,downloads,videos,... etc. will make my cursor flicker between loading selecting and pointing and i've even spam clicked not on a file but just a blank page and that has made it even worse it opened windows media player. I...
  8. Missing mouse cursor style files

Missing mouse cursor style files: After the latest Windows feature update (version 1809), I no longer have the default mouse cursor styles. These are the ones that use the hourglass when loading or busy and have the longer 'stalk' on the pointer. I can't even find the files for the style anymore in the folder...
  9. Mouse cursor

Mouse cursor: So this happened recently and I have spent all day trying to figure it out! My mouse cursor is constantly blinking with that hourglass symbol next to it signifying its "working in the background" I have researched it a ton and cant fix it myself. From what I've gathered there...
  10. Mouse cursor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse cursor: For some reason the mouse cursor now changes to horizontal bar with arrow at each end when hovering over highligted words, I much prefer the cursor to remain an arrow head, how do stop this horizontal bar occurring? I have tried changing the pointer but whatever pointer is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why do i have an hour glass cursor in file explorer instead of arrow

2. get help with file explorer in windows 10 mouse pointer

3. File Explorer Mouse

4. cant cursor files file explorer