Windows 10: File Explorer: Photo icons in View mode contain check mark

Discus and support File Explorer: Photo icons in View mode contain check mark in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When I move photos from my android phone to my PC they appear with a VERY ANNOYING check mark on the lower left corner when I view them as "icons - I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SueBay, Jul 23, 2020.

1. SueBay Win User

File Explorer: Photo icons in View mode contain check mark

When I move photos from my android phone to my PC they appear with a VERY ANNOYING check mark on the lower left corner when I view them as "icons - I go to the view tab and select large or very large icons

I want to get rid of these. In fact I never want to see them. They cover 1/4 of the picture, and that makes selecting specific ones to open rather difficult when pictures are similar. I want to be able to look at a whole group of large photo icons at once, not have to view them individually!!

How do I get rid of these check marks. They are NOT the result of me selecting something, they are there on ALL of my photos ALL THE TIME.

:)

SueBay, Jul 23, 2020
  2. SueBay Win User

When I move photos from my android phone to my PC they appear with a VERY ANNOYING check mark on the lower left corner when I view them as "icons - (I go to the view tab and select large or very large icons)

I want to get rid of these. In fact I never want to see them. They cover 1/4 of the picture, and that makes selecting specific ones to open rather difficult when pictures are similar. I want to be able to look at a whole group of large photo icons at once,
    not have to view them individually!!

How do I get rid of these check marks. They are NOT the result of me selecting something, they are there on ALL of my photos ALL THE TIME.

SueBay, Jul 30, 2020
  3. PBBldr Win User
    Removing OneDrive Green Check Mark Icons in Windows 10 file explorer

Hi,
    Does anyone know if one can remove the green check marks in file explorer that indicate that a file is synced on OneDrive?
    If one is using list, details or small icon view, there is no way to visually see the file type.
    Thanks, Paul

PBBldr, Jul 30, 2020
  4. Edwin Win User

File Explorer "Photos" icon now missing since Creators Edition update

You could restore the classic Windows Photo Viewer app

Restore Windows Photo Viewer in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Apps Features Tutorials

File Explorer: Photo icons in View mode contain check mark [​IMG]

Edwin, Jul 30, 2020
Thema:

1. File Explorer: Photo icons in View mode contain check mark - Similar Threads - File Explorer Photo

2. green check marks on my photos

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    green check marks on my photos: How do I remove the ugly green check marks that OneDrive put on my photos?I do not wish to use OneDrive. I doln't even know how it happened or why.I didn't see an appropriate subtopic for this question.Thank youPaula...
  3. Green Check Marks on Icons?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Green Check Marks on Icons?: Microsoft advised to run cfs from dos. Did nothing. wish I would have looked here first. I didn't ask for backup. Did it on its own. Microsoft ownes our asses. Maybe switch to Apple?...
  4. Explorer crashes when viewing a folder that contains .mp3 files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Explorer crashes when viewing a folder that contains .mp3 files: When opening a folder that contains some .mp3 files, the explorer exits almost immediately. The event log has the following: Windows cannot access the file C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.ZuneMusic_10.20022.11011.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\resources.pri for one of the...
  5. Check marks on photos

Check marks on photos: I just replaced my computer. I had Windows 10 on the old one and on this. Photos now on the desktop have an annoying check mar in the left corner before I open them. How do I get rid of them? I think my older version allowed me to get photo viewer back Doesn't seem available...
  6. I cannot view photos in file explorer.

I cannot view photos in file explorer.: I cannot view photos in file explorer. Win 10 Says they are write protected. Unchecked read only, changed permissions. This was not happening 3 days ago....
  7. View Large Icons in File Explorer

View Large Icons in File Explorer: In Large Icon View in File Explorer: Why does it display my photos on my PC but only shows a standard line diagram on my laptop. (Both computers are running Windows 10.)...
  8. check marks and x's in file explorer?

check marks and x's in file explorer?: What are the check marks and x's at the corner of files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/check-marks-and-xs-in-file-explorer/f5c7e789-752f-420e-9914-97a028e6896e"
  9. File Explore.. viewing picture icon

File Explore.. viewing picture icon: I used to be able to view a jpg or jpeg file in any folder it was in when I selected that folder.. It was very useful when I wanted to include it in a email or text message and I did not have to memorize the file name instead of looking at the picture and choosing it.. why...
  10. Removing OneDrive Green Check Mark Icons in Windows 10 file explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Removing OneDrive Green Check Mark Icons in Windows 10 file explorer: Hi, Does anyone know if one can remove the green check marks in file explorer that indicate that a file is synced on OneDrive? If one is using list, details or small icon view, there is no way to visually see the file type. Thanks, Paul 33068