Windows 10: File Explorer Photo Organization vs Photo App Organization

Discus and support File Explorer Photo Organization vs Photo App Organization in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; In File Explorer, I have put my photos in folders according to the subject. Do I have to do this all over again in the Photos app for Windows 10, in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by cgm707, Dec 10, 2019.

1. cgm707 Win User

File Explorer Photo Organization vs Photo App Organization

In File Explorer, I have put my photos in folders according to the subject.

Do I have to do this all over again in the Photos app for Windows 10, in order to get the folder contents from Explorer into albums in the Photos app?

Also, any recommendations for an affordable but useful app or tool to keep all of my photos in Windows and the Photo app organized?

:)

cgm707, Dec 10, 2019

2. Simple software to organize photos

fast stone image viewer could be considered, picasa is nice too, xn view
    there are many good photo organizer
    or you may try acd see but its trial
    i guess if just for organizing you could use windows or these freewares

micropage7, Dec 10, 2019
  3. dalchina Win User
    Problems organizing photos.

Hi, if you can use a PC at 84, you're doing well!

If you know where your various photos are, you can find them and move them to appropriately named folders in Pictures.

Here I have my source folder on the left, Pictures open on the right.

File Explorer Photo Organization vs Photo App Organization [​IMG]

I've right clicked a photo, held the button down, and dragged to folder Uplay on the right. I can now let go of the button and click 'copy' or 'move'.

If I want, I could select multiple files in the left window and do the same.
    (left click empty space and drag to select multiple files, or left click, say, the top file in a list, scroll down and SHIFT + left click to select a range).

That's one way. Another is to copy and paste them (CTRL C, CTRL V, or CTRL X, CTRL V to move them).

If you want to easily find, for example, all jpg files on your PC to find any left over photos, a free tool like Everything by void tools or Locate32 helps- scans all your files once, then type jpg and all will be listed:

File Explorer Photo Organization vs Photo App Organization [​IMG]

dalchina, Dec 10, 2019
  4. File Explorer Photo Organization vs Photo App Organization

organizing photos

Hello Jacqueline,

I'd like to know more about this concern. To get started, I'd like to clarify if you're trying to organize your iPhone 7's photos through the Windows 10 File Explorer. If yes, you may organize photos by date by opening the iPhone 7 folder on the File Explorer.
    Next is to right click on the empty field, and then click Sort by then select Date modified.

We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Antoneth Ber, Dec 10, 2019
Thema:

File Explorer Photo Organization vs Photo App Organization

1. File Explorer Photo Organization vs Photo App Organization - Similar Threads - File Explorer Photo

2. How to organize photos *to be imported* in the Photos app.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to organize photos *to be imported* in the Photos app.: The most recent update to the Photos app has caused me a bit of a headache. In the older version not sure what version exactly when I would upload photos from my phone to the Photos application - the images would appear in chronological order from the most recent to the...
  3. How to organize photos *to be imported* in the Photos app.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to organize photos *to be imported* in the Photos app.: The most recent update to the Photos app has caused me a bit of a headache. In the older version not sure what version exactly when I would upload photos from my phone to the Photos application - the images would appear in chronological order from the most recent to the...
  4. Organizing pictures on photo app

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Organizing pictures on photo app: So I uploaded all my photos from a tablet to my Dell Inspiron, and when they were uploaded they all went to the collections folder instead of uploading in their individual albums. Now I'm in the process of creating the albums but it's almost impossible because the picture...
  5. Organizing pictures on photo app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Organizing pictures on photo app: So I uploaded all my photos from a tablet to my Dell Inspiron, and when they were uploaded they all went to the collections folder instead of uploading in their individual albums. Now I'm in the process of creating the albums but it's almost impossible because the picture...
  6. Organizing pictures on photo app

7. Organizing photos in windows 10 File Explorer.

Organizing photos in windows 10 File Explorer.: My photos were organized chronologically in This PC in Pictures and also alphabetically in Libraries in Pictures when I downloaded them from my camera or from my email. Now when I download photos from my email, they are are only showing up in Libraries. When I try to open...
  8. Help with Organizing Photos via the Photos App

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help with Organizing Photos via the Photos App: Hey there. Whenever I import photos from my camera to my laptop it automatically is imported into my photos app which is fine...except that it is then extremely painstaking to then open up individual photos in my editing software. I organize all my photos within the app into...
  9. organizing photos

organizing photos: when I create a new folder and move photos does explorer actually move the photo file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/organizing-photos/3604bdfe-19ab-45dd-a127-c84369eda1ca
  10. Organizing Photos

Organizing Photos: I just uploaded all my photos to Windows 10. They appear in chronological order but I want instead to create subject folders and organize that way. (1) right clicking does not bring up a new folder option. Odd! (2) There is no tab to organize by subject. Can you help?...