Windows 10: File explorer - pictures - turn off sorting function so I can arrange photos my way!

Discus and support File explorer - pictures - turn off sorting function so I can arrange photos my way! in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi,I've been scanning photos into file explorer so I can put a slide show together for a funeral. I was just expecting to be able to drag and drop the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Gemma1181, Aug 5, 2022.

1. Gemma1181 Win User

File explorer - pictures - turn off sorting function so I can arrange photos my way!

Hi,I've been scanning photos into file explorer so I can put a slide show together for a funeral. I was just expecting to be able to drag and drop the thumbnails into some kind of chronological order but it's not letting me. It appears that File Explorer has enabled a sorting function and I can't find a way to turn it off. I've seen a few posts on this but the suggestion to turn off auto-arrange isn't available to me. I'm operating on Windows 10 version 21H1. I'd really appreciate a simple solution. I've seen suggestions on going into the registry to delete files and download fixes but s

:)

Gemma1181, Aug 5, 2022

2. How can to rearrange pictures in a folder in Windows 10?

The Sort By filters offered in the step above do not allow me the flexibility I want. Is there a way to turn off the auto arrange for photos.

STEPHEN and LINDERSCHLANG, Aug 5, 2022
  3. Sort by Month - How do I arrange my photo's by month?

Hi. Please follow these steps:

1. Click Start, type File Explorer, and then press Enter.

2. On the File Explorer window, click the View tab.

3. On the Panes ribbon, click Navigation pane, and then select Show libraries.

4. Expand the Libraries folder and click Pictures.

5. Right-click on an empty space on the view pane where you can see your photos and select Arrange by > Month.

6. After completing the steps, you may check if you’re able to arrange your photos properly.

Hope it will help.

GlenGapasen, Aug 5, 2022
  4. File explorer - pictures - turn off sorting function so I can arrange photos my way!

Any way to sort landscape and portrait photos in file explorer ?

Is there any way to sort landscape and portrait photos in file explorer ?

There are sorting options like width , height and dimensions but it doesn't work as expected (shows both landscape and portrait images),

however i want either landscape or portrait pictures only .

[sa14n8] :), Aug 5, 2022
Thema:

File explorer - pictures - turn off sorting function so I can arrange photos my way!

1. File explorer - pictures - turn off sorting function so I can arrange photos my way! - Similar Threads - File explorer pictures

2. Windows Explorer sort function not working for my Photos folders - I click a column to sort...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Explorer sort function not working for my Photos folders - I click a column to sort...: I'm having a problem sorting my Picture folders. I do have about 50K photos on my computer in about 250 subfolders under Pictures. The folder I've been using to test contains more than 2,000 photos. When I sort by name it works pretty quick, but if I try to sort by Date or...
  3. Windows Explorer sort function not working for my Photos folders - I click a column to sort...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Explorer sort function not working for my Photos folders - I click a column to sort...: I'm having a problem sorting my Picture folders. I do have about 50K photos on my computer in about 250 subfolders under Pictures. The folder I've been using to test contains more than 2,000 photos. When I sort by name it works pretty quick, but if I try to sort by Date or...
  4. turn off auto arrange in file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    turn off auto arrange in file explorer: I want to manually arrange image files in a folder, then save so arrangement persist. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-off-auto-arrange-in-file-explorer/b9710100-4d2f-48f7-980a-4201b711463e
  5. turn off auto arrange in file explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    turn off auto arrange in file explorer: I want to manually arrange image files in a folder, then save so arrangement persist. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-off-auto-arrange-in-file-explorer/b9710100-4d2f-48f7-980a-4201b711463e
  6. turn off auto arrange in file explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. File explorer - pictures - turn off sorting function so I can arrange photos my way!

File explorer - pictures - turn off sorting function so I can arrange photos my way!: Hi,I've been scanning photos into file explorer so I can put a slide show together for a funeral. I was just expecting to be able to drag and drop the thumbnails into some kind of chronological order but it's not letting me. It appears that File Explorer has enabled a sorting...
  8. File explorer - pictures - turn off sorting function so I can arrange photos my way!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File explorer - pictures - turn off sorting function so I can arrange photos my way!: Hi,I've been scanning photos into file explorer so I can put a slide show together for a funeral. I was just expecting to be able to drag and drop the thumbnails into some kind of chronological order but it's not letting me. It appears that File Explorer has enabled a sorting...
  9. Any way to sort landscape and portrait photos in file explorer ?

Any way to sort landscape and portrait photos in file explorer ?: Is there any way to sort landscape and portrait photos in file explorer ? There are sorting options like width , height and dimensions but it doesn't work as expected shows both landscape and portrait images, however i want either landscape or portrait pictures only ....
  10. Can sorting be turned OFF in File Explorer on Selected Directories?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can sorting be turned OFF in File Explorer on Selected Directories?: Yes, I read the Tutorial and read it again several times. However, what I do not see is how to leave everything alone in a default details view, and select a directory, and its sub directory in Icon view to NOT sort. My wife has a directory that she is using for shortcuts,...