Windows 10: File Explorer *POP UP* asking me to use OneDrive - how to disable?

Discus and support File Explorer *POP UP* asking me to use OneDrive - how to disable? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hit Win+E to open a File Explorer. The top section of the window was occupied by a message that I should make sure I was backing up my files to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by cbnason, Apr 18, 2022.

1. cbnason Win User

File Explorer *POP UP* asking me to use OneDrive - how to disable?

Hit Win+E to open a File Explorer. The top section of the window was occupied by a message that I should make sure I was backing up my files to OneDrive, which I already use. How can I prevent this from happening?ORHow can I switch to Linux?Ads in my UI are unacceptable. Let's not forget this is a paid product - and I am already using the ancillary paid product that is being advertised. This is pure annoyance for a person using both paid products. Did I mention I paid for both of these products previously?I've already started moving my files to Google Drive because GDrive doesn't charge

:)

cbnason, Apr 18, 2022
  2. Edwin Win User

How can I "unhide" onedrive from file explorer

Open 'OneDrive' folder from the Start menu/AllApps list.

Edwin, Apr 18, 2022
  3. Mala_S Win User
    File explorer pops up when leaving full screen

Hello Terraria100,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forum.

• Were there any changes made to the computer prior to this issue?

I understand how frustrating it can be when it pops up every time while you access other applications and games. However, we can quickly check with the task manager and see if you are able to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned by Krishna Prasobh V dated
    March 31, 2016 from the article - https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...ndows-10/a172eff0-bcfe-4cd5-b746-47506f0f15ba

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Mala.S

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Mala_S, Apr 18, 2022
  4. File Explorer *POP UP* asking me to use OneDrive - how to disable?

Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Apr 18, 2022
Thema:

File Explorer *POP UP* asking me to use OneDrive - how to disable?

1. File Explorer *POP UP* asking me to use OneDrive - how to disable? - Similar Threads - File Explorer *POP

2. File explorer opening but not popping up.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File explorer opening but not popping up.: I downloaded a game and when I was optimizing its display settings, I switched onto my graphics card rather than the default graphic settings. Suddenly that game crashed and now I'm unable to access any of my files. Whenever I try to open files explorer it opens up in the...
  3. File Explorer *POP UP* asking me to use OneDrive - how to disable?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer *POP UP* asking me to use OneDrive - how to disable?: Hit Win+E to open a File Explorer. The top section of the window was occupied by a message that I should make sure I was backing up my files to OneDrive, which I already use. How can I prevent this from happening?ORHow can I switch to Linux?Ads in my UI are unacceptable....
  4. File Explorer *POP UP* asking me to use OneDrive - how to disable?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer *POP UP* asking me to use OneDrive - how to disable?: Hit Win+E to open a File Explorer. The top section of the window was occupied by a message that I should make sure I was backing up my files to OneDrive, which I already use. How can I prevent this from happening?ORHow can I switch to Linux?Ads in my UI are unacceptable....
  5. File Explorer Popping Up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File Explorer Popping Up: File Explorer keeps popping up without a command. 1. Closed Explorer in task manager/restarted2. Disabled Autoplay3. Disconnected all external drives4. Scanned for viruses and malware, updated all securities5. Windows is up to date6. Ran sfc /scannow7. Created new userNothing...
  6. File Explorer Popping Up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer Popping Up: File Explorer keeps popping up without a command. 1. Closed Explorer in task manager/restarted2. Disabled Autoplay3. Disconnected all external drives4. Scanned for viruses and malware, updated all securities5. Windows is up to date6. Ran sfc /scannow7. Created new userNothing...
  7. File Explorer Popping Up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. OneDrive brings me to File Explorer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    OneDrive brings me to File Explorer: Hey there. I have a "problem" where if I open OneDrive, it brings me to the OneDrive folder in File Explorer rather than the app itself. What should I do? Any help is appreciated....
  9. Pop up asked me Contact Microsoft

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Pop up asked me Contact Microsoft: just pop up about Trojan horse tom call Microsoft support at 1-833-618xxxx is this leget. [Original Title: pop up] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/pop-up-asked-me-contact-microsoft/2ed5de7b-c0b9-4744-92dd-555672421ba1
  10. file explorer pop up

in Windows 10 Customization
    file explorer pop up: When I quit a game with full screen on, file explorer pop ups. Please, help me with this issue because I need to close it all the time. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-pop-up/b606acdf-0a70-45f5-aa67-60f6ad88dfe1